+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Singapore process chinese applications too?
This is quite surprising since CIC website does not say so. They must have criteria when and why applications go to SGVO for Chinese applicants. One of my lawyer friend said sometimes offices share resources and based on capacity they take other office's applicants. Though I heard offices in China is quite fast in terms of processing time.

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Application received on July 4th, 2018
SA started: Oct 13th
AOR1: Oct 17th
SA DM: Oct 24th
Sent to SGVO: Oct 29th
AOR2: Nov 16th
Application started processing: Nov 15th
Medical request: Dec 6th
Pre-arrival email : Dec 7th
Medical completed : Dec 12th
Medical passed: Dec 19th ( on CIC)
Medical results have been received on ECAS: Dec 19th
BGC has been in processing for months now.

I emailed the Migration of High commissions of Canada in Singapore last night and the response was:

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Migration Seciton of High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

The officer will do a final review of the subject file and will advise you/your spouse of the outcome of the file or a Passport Request letter in the next 60 days. Please wait for further advice.

Here’s to waiting guys! I don’t think i’ve ever been this impatient before. Fingers crossed for a quick response! Hopefully everyone gets results soon!
Do you think I should email them too???

Maggie120120

Apr 10, 2019
This is quite surprising since CIC website does not say so. They must have criteria when and why applications go to SGVO for Chinese applicants. One of my lawyer friend said sometimes offices share resources and based on capacity they take other office's applicants. Though I heard offices in China is quite fast in terms of processing time.
I am working in Singapore since 2010 until now so the case belong to SG office.

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
I think it's a case to case basis or safe to say depends on the VO handling your case. Singapore VO is quite fast (I would say) for my case. I have summarized below my paper processing:

Request letter (PPR) July 31, 2018
Invitation to Pre-arrival services July 11, 2018
Request letter (Police Clerance) July 10, 2018
Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) July 10, 2018
Acknowledgement of Receipt May 21, 2018

We have submitted our application beginning the month of March 2018. It's total of 6 months the most.
Good luck to you, just keep on praying :)
Hi,
Which country are you from?

Reactions: sdharan19

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Now my GCkey shows.
Earlier:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Now:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Reactions: sdharan19

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Now my GCkey shows.
Earlier:
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Now:
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.
same changed for me too ...
how much time does your time bar say
today it says 17weeks