+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore regional office quiet...

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
hey all,

just getting a little bit worried. i sent an email to CPC-Singapore asking if everthing's ok with our appl. and have yet to hear back from them. it's been awhile (4 months) since they started to process the appl. in Singapore and there's been no update on-line nor any mail our way. is this normal for anyone dealing with that office?

need advice or someone to calm me down ;)

ct

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
The published processing timelines suggest 4 to 9 months for applications being processed in Singapore. I don't know if the Singapore office is more communicative than the London office, but I never received a response from London until I'd reached the end of the posted timelines. I'd guess Singapore would be the same. So I wouldn't be worried after only 4 months.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4 months is quite sometime! I have been waiting for 29 days since they started processing my application in Singapore.
No mails or phone call, no update on e-cas (as it is still in process).

Oh wait, you are talking about AN Appeal, right? I have no idea about time processing for appeal.

How long did it take you to receive the letter from Singapore ?? or you have not received anything yet

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canthai said:
hey all,

just getting a little bit worried. i sent an email to CPC-Singapore asking if everthing's ok with our appl. and have yet to hear back from them. it's been awhile (4 months) since they started to process the appl. in Singapore and there's been no update on-line nor any mail our way. is this normal for anyone dealing with that office?

need advice or someone to calm me down ;)

ct
did you get any confirmation letter from Singapore office when your files transferred to Singapore? My files were transferred in March 31 and i was wondering you i should expect to receive a confirmation letter ?

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Hmmm...I took the "appl." to be an abbreviation for "application". If it's an appeal, I'm not sure.

But if it did stand for application, well only 30% of cases are finalised in 4 months in Singapore according to the published timelines.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emmy said:
Hmmm...I took the "appl." to be an abbreviation for "application". If it's an appeal, I'm not sure.

But if it did stand for application, well only 30% of cases are finalised in 4 months in Singapore according to the published timelines.
did you get any letter from the visa office since your application transferred to the visa office?

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
No. The only letter we ever received was the sponsorhip approval letter from Mississauga.

London have been processing our application for 6 months now, and they never contacted us for anything. We did find out via my wife's MP's office in Canada that they're just waiting on a background check before finalising the application.

So, bottomline, you just have to be patient until you're towards the end of the published timelines. If you don't hear anything, it just means they probably have everything they need from you, and unless they request an interview, the next thing you'll hear is the actual decision.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emmy said:
No. The only letter we ever received was the sponsorhip approval letter from Mississauga.

London have been processing our application for 6 months now, and they never contacted us for anything. We did find out via my wife's MP's office in Canada that they're just waiting on a background check before finalising the application.

So, bottomline, you just have to be patient until you're towards the end of the published timelines. If you don't hear anything, it just means they probably have everything they need from you, and unless they request an interview, the next thing you'll hear is the actual decision.
Thanks Emmy! So now i can tell my wife not to expect a confirmation letter of receipt. We were just unsure about the confirmation letter.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Actually, you might get an AOR letter. London don't send them out, so we never got one. But Singapore might send them. Some offices do and some don't, from what I've heard. Someone else who's gone through the Singapore office will probably know.

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
My application has been sitting in Singapore for about 4 months as well. I never received an AOR letter - I had to email them for my case information to be able to log onto eCas. At any rate, the wait is normal. I know of a few other people that have been waiting 5-6 months and haven't received any news yet either.

All we can do at this point is sit back and be patient. I know how frustrating it is to wait. :(

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow 4 months and nothing yet??? its a long time. Hope for the best for all of us here.

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Hi,

6 months so far I have been waiting for Medical Request with Federal Skilled worker. No response after a confirmation letter of application receipt.
"CHC in Singapore, they are sleeping, not working". Ha...ha...

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubbah said:
My application has been sitting in Singapore for about 4 months as well. I never received an AOR letter - I had to email them for my case information to be able to log onto eCas. At any rate, the wait is normal. I know of a few other people that have been waiting 5-6 months and haven't received any news yet either.

All we can do at this point is sit back and be patient. I know how frustrating it is to wait. :(
Do you know anyone who has successfully applied for PR (family class) through Singapore visa office? I am getting worried now that you guys have been waiting more than 4 months and still nothing.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
nguyentu2001 said:
Do you know anyone who has successfully applied for PR (family class) through Singapore visa office? I am getting worried now that you guys have been waiting more than 4 months and still nothing.
Why would you be worried after 4 months though? I'm not saying that 4 months isn't a long time as a general thing. But in this case they've published 2008 processing timelines which show cases are being completed in 4 - 9 months in Singapore. So it looks like you have to wait at least 4 months at a bare minimum.

In London they're taking 2 - 7 months, and we've been waiting 6 months. And from their response to my recent query, they're just waiting for the background check and don't need anything further from me. So they've been working on it, and it looks like it's almost done, and they haven't had to contact me about anything.

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
My cousin sponsored his wife from Vietnam in 6 months. Yeah. just 4 months, please relax because it isn't a long time for immigration.