+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Police COC (from overseas -Timeframe) [Jan 2019]

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hello thanks so much for responding! I also didn't get my tracking number, my issue date was a few days earlier than yours. And i emailed them for tracking number 5 days ago, no respond... Yeah i am requesting for mail to canada... You as well?

Good luck!
You too :)

Canada might take about 2-3 weeks so yea

I am staying in Canada but I mailed it to Hong Kong because my family is there, it should be faster lol

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hello thanks so much for responding! I also didn't get my tracking number, my issue date was a few days earlier than yours. And i emailed them for tracking number 5 days ago, no respond... Yeah i am requesting for mail to canada... You as well?

Good luck!
Please let me know if SG replied your message ~

They replied to my old email after 5 business days but not yet on tracking email. (3 business days ago)

Edit: Singapore replied me and provide tracking number

Last edited:

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Please let me know if SG replied your message ~

They replied to my old email after 5 business days but not yet on tracking email. (3 business days ago)

Edit: Singapore replied me and provide tracking number
Yes they did reply with a tracking number. For you should be quick to reach hong kong. For me it took 4 days to reach CA. But after reaching CA no idea where it is ...

Good luck! yours should come earlier than mine.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
My final timeline - Hope it shares a big picture for everyone in future

COC requested by IRCC - July 1st
Submitted Appeal - July 2nd
Appeal Approved - July 3rd
Submit COC Application - July 3rd
Application approve and request fingerprint- July 4th
Fingerprint Sent by Canada Post registered mail - July 8th (Express cost me $70 and I am poor)
Delivered at Singapore Police - July 18th (local time)
Approved and issued by Singapore Police - July 22nd (local time)
SingPost received mail: July 25th
Mail Received in Hong Kong address: July 31st

Total duration: 1 month (you can save more time by speed post or collect by proxy)

Reactions: RyanNguyen

Panda_281

Jul 3, 2019
Need help regarding getting COC at Singapore, my sister in law received email from IRCC for her COC the problem is that she can’t apply online as she doesn’t have singpas or FIN, her employer at Singapore took all her documents and passport when she started working with them, I got her fingerprint from a police station here in Canada and has her supporting documents ready, where I got confused is that the form to appeal to apply for a COC and the application form for COC? Obviously I don’t know what to do and we have to do it in post application which will take to long

garapatihk

Dec 31, 2014
Hi,

My ITA Date: 12th Aug 2019
AOR date: 23rd Aug 2019
Singapore COC: dated from XX Apr 2012 to 6th Aug 2019 ( I am living in Singapore)

I applied for Singapore COC before I get an ITA from CIC. Now I am seeing an issue with my SG COC is that, the COC was dated till 6th Aug, but ITA I received was on 12th Aug. My SG COC is 6 days advance than the ITA date.

Did anyone submitted in the same way? Is it ok to leave it like that?

Someone please help me... how to fix this issue?
My thought is to apply for one more SG COC and submit it through CSE web form.

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
Yes they did reply with a tracking number. For you should be quick to reach hong kong. For me it took 4 days to reach CA. But after reaching CA no idea where it is ...

Good luck! yours should come earlier than mine.
Hi Yuyu,

Can you please share your timeline? How long did it take in general? I have sent fingerprint by Fedex today, estimated delivery is next Monday (5 days later). Last time I got mail delay when sending my qualification for assessment from Singapore to Canada, it took quite long, and untraceable after arrived to Canada by Singpost. Thank you.

Last edited:

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi Yuyu,

Can you please share your timeline? How long did it take in general? I have sent fingerprint by Fedex today, estimated delivery is next Monday (5 days later). Last time I got mail delay when sending my qualification for assessment from Singapore to Canada, it took quite long, and untraceable after arrived to Canada by Singpost. Thank you.
I dont remember exactly my timeline.
But I remember i applied July 2nd and obtained it end of july so about 4 weeks.
Fingerprints delivered on Jul 8. SPF finished processing July 16.
It came to my mailbox towards very end of the month.

But the most time consuming thing was really when they sent you the certificate. If you know of anyone in Singapore, please get them to take it on your behalf.

For my case, they told me it takes 2 to 3 weeks from the day they hand over to SingPost but it came in two full weeks.

Depending on where you live in Canada as well. It takes few days for your cert to reach vancouver, but once it reaches canada, its up to canadapost's speed...

hope it helps...

vinzer

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, I also applied for a COC, and the status on the enquiry website now shows "Issued" (no e-mail). Does that mean it's ready for pick-up? When I applied, I opted for self-pickup, so just wanna make sure if that status means it's ready so I can start making travel plans to pick it up. Thanks for your time! :)

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi, I also applied for a COC, and the status on the enquiry website now shows "Issued" (no e-mail). Does that mean it's ready for pick-up? When I applied, I opted for self-pickup, so just wanna make sure if that status means it's ready so I can start making travel plans to pick it up. Thanks for your time! :)
best for you to call them directly than to send an email, their hotline is direct afaik.
but I would imagine its available to pick up after a working day or two.

Reactions: vinzer

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Thank you! I will do that tomorrow, then. :)
Are you citizen or just someone who stayed there before?
if the latter (non-citizen who stayed there X period) , just be careful your pcc must be obtained after you leave the country or arrange a proxy to pick it up on your behalf...

vinzer

Nov 12, 2019
Are you citizen or just someone who stayed there before?
if the latter (non-citizen who stayed there X period) , just be careful your pcc must be obtained after you leave the country or arrange a proxy to pick it up on your behalf...
I used to work there for a little under a year but that was 8 years ago and turned in my employment pass back then. So, should be no issue, right?

NishaKirthi

Feb 1, 2019
Hi All, I am awaiting ITA and will be needing PCC from Singapore for my stay. But my stay durations are little complicated.

Firstly visited Singapore in 2004 in Dependent Visa. Stayed less than a month
Visited every year for less than a month or two till 2007.
Visited in 2007 as dependent and collected Singaporean PR sometime in 2007. Stayed for more than 6 months and left Singapore in 2008.
Then visits almost every year as PR but less than 1 month

Visited in 2012 and stayed for 3 years and left Singapore in 2015. Entry and exit as PR.

Am no longer a PR. Now, I am confused for which period i can apply for PCC and if that will suffice. If anyone can help me through this, will be helpful.

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
Hi All, I am awaiting ITA and will be needing PCC from Singapore for my stay. But my stay durations are little complicated.

Firstly visited Singapore in 2004 in Dependent Visa. Stayed less than a month
Visited every year for less than a month or two till 2007.
Visited in 2007 as dependent and collected Singaporean PR sometime in 2007. Stayed for more than 6 months and left Singapore in 2008.
Then visits almost every year as PR but less than 1 month

Visited in 2012 and stayed for 3 years and left Singapore in 2015. Entry and exit as PR.

Am no longer a PR. Now, I am confused for which period i can apply for PCC and if that will suffice. If anyone can help me through this, will be helpful.
Wow... u refused Singapore PR to come Canada. I am surprise!
Anyway, when you mentioned you came to Singapore under dependent, does it mean DP (dependent pass)? To simplified the complication, u should mention the long period that following DP expiry date, not only the time u stayed. This is what I did for my wife, she was DP holder, she stayed in Singapore in and out like you. However, as she came to Singapore under DP holder, so I assume she has permanent status in Singapore. I put the period that follow DP expiry date. She had 2 times renewing, each time 2 years period, so I put 6 years even she didn't live there completed 6 years. And every time she traveled back home, I put in personal travel history. Address history is following address in Singapore.
My advice is for your consideration and it is real case. So I am not 100% sure that they will judge the same or not, that is CIC officier's discretion. Hopefully, it sheds some light :)