+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Passport Request Letter received! + a question for NguyenTu

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Dear All,

Well, Singapore office is delivering these pasts weeks. It is my turn now to happily tell you that my wife in Thailand has received her Passport Visa request letter. We have 60days to send it to Singapore.

So we are quite thrilled!

There is a question though. The instructions are pretty clear except that the last page is the Appendix C Picture specification that doesn't seem to belong to this letter. There was no instruction to send any pictures in the letter and no references to Appendix C.

NguyenTu, did you have an Appendix C in your letter too? Did your wife have to send 4 pictures again?
And which form of courier did you chose? Courier I think? So you only pay the courier when he is coming back with the passport?

Thank you all for the support. The end is near!

cheers,
Jean

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi!

My wife did get a letter explaining how many photos she needed to send (3 photos) with the specification attached (appendix c).
We deal with IOM, my wife paid $35 in total to IOM so that they will do the delivery back and forth. (IOM is the designated office by Singapore office)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IOM is recommended by Singapore office. So we actually had to deal with them in order to send our passport.

Please keep in mind that it depends on region that IOM would or would not be the designated office. In Vietnam, IOM represents Singapore visa office. If you don't have a letter saying IOM is the designated office to deal with then you will send the passport along with other documents by yourself. (many other countries don't deal with IOM).

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey you should read Canthai post. I think he explained pretty well what he did with their passport. G Luck!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there you go..got this from Canthai post

Medicals done November 20, 2008
- you have 1 year from this date until they expire so we did it last!

Application filed November 21, 2008
- we sent EVERYTHING to CPC-Mississauga
- CPC-M deals with me (sponsor) then if I'm ok, CPC-M forwards the file to Singapore
- over 4 inches thick and about 2-3 kgs (this is what we had, everyone can be DIFFERENT!!)

Sponsorship approved December 19, 2008
- this was confusing for me as I used e-cas for the first time, make sure you log into e-cas as the sponsor for sponsor information or log in as the applicant for the applicant information :S

Singapore receives file January 6, 2009
- this was the last thing we saw on e-cas for about 3 months, we thought they forgot about us! No need to bother them with emails or phone calls as their website says they won't respond to queries unless your application is taking forever!

PCC requested April 25, 2009
- this letter took about 2 weeks to get to us (holiday festivals delayed Thai-Post) and the PCC was kind of a pain to get since we didn't live in Bkk.
- we finally sent the PCC May 14

Passport requested June 4, 2009
- we nervously mailed it EMS (express) June 10 and received the passport back, with the visa, exactly 2 weeks later, just like the other Thai applicants experienced.

Once we received the passport with the visa, we then planned our trip back home. We purchased tickets and landed in Vancouver June 30, 2009. We came into Canada with just our clothes and few possessions (including wedding stuff) with nothing to follow. The immigration staff we SUPER friendly to us and the IO asked a few questions to my wife. She had no problems answering them. I remember the IO asking questions like "where are you going to live", "have you been married before", "do you have any kids previously or with your current husband", "how much money do you have on you?". The IO didn't even care about the declaration forms (B4A forms). He had her sign the copy of her COPR and he said "Welcome to Canada" and "Good luck with your wedding!". The meeting/interview took 10 minutes with th IO.

Unexpected experience in Vancouver but at the end of the process, it worked out pretty good as I cannot complain about the landing at all. I've heard some crazy stories from friends and forum members here regarding IO's and it makes me shiver to know that good luck like ours is hard to come by.

I want to wish everyone out there who is dealing with this process, good luck, and I hope any of this information helps aid their process or even calms them! Thank you to all the member that have helped me and my wife in this process and believe me when I write, there are people in this forum that hold a wealth of immigration knowledge. At the same time, please know that in the end it is you that determines the outcome of the process. Be honest, be patient, and be smart (know your stuff and read up)!

canthai... out

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Wow! Thanks for that NguyenTu!
You are very thorough. I am sure you're an engineer or something in real life!

Good, so we will just have the pictures taken and then we can send everything by EMS! Her medicals expire at the end of Dec 2009 so we are still fine in time.

For the record, this is my timeline.

29Jan2009 - CIC Mississauga received application
24Feb2009 - ECAS status "In Process"
02Mar2009 - CIC letter requested additional forms
12Mar2009 - CIC Mississauga received additional forms
01Apr2009 - ECAS status "Decision made" (letter sent out on 30Mar2009)
07Apr2009 - CIC letter received (Sponsorship accepted and transmitted to Singapore Office)
23Apr2009 - ECAS status "Decision made" (forwarded letter to Quebec MICC for CSQ)
27Apr2009 - MICC received application for CSQ
15May2009 - MICC CSQ approved and received (decision sent to Singapore Office)
16Jul2009 - Letter from Singapore requested Passport
03Aug2009 - We received letter from Singapore

My wife was actually on a trip so she only got the letter last week. The request was sitting at home!

BTW, the status on E-CAS hasn't changed for the last 5 months. The status is still "Not Available".

Cheers All,
Jean

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Hey!

Awesome news, congrats. What a relief to have the whole ordeal over with. :)

Did any of you guys get emails as well, or was it just letters?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubbah said:
Hey!

Awesome news, congrats. What a relief to have the whole ordeal over with. :)

Did any of you guys get emails as well, or was it just letters?
My wife got a letter from Singapore office.

E-cas on her side does not change at all...now it it still in process which I assume is normal since Singapore office does not update status often.