+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Does anyone have issues checking the status of their application via https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/enquiry/status-of-coc-application.html?

Also, I have all my documents except for Singapore COC. Should I just submit what I have for Express entry now and put "I come from a country that needs a letter from IRCC" so i can kickstart my application process? I still have 52 days left on my ITA application process.

does anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to get singapore coc?
I estimate 10 working days when fingerprint reaches singapore to be processed and COC to be issued and 14 working days to be mailed to canada. So that is 25 working days.

Seniors please help thanks!

jjsekh

Feb 23, 2019
Does anyone have issues checking the status of their application via https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/enquiry/status-of-coc-application.html?

Also, I have all my documents except for Singapore COC. Should I just submit what I have for Express entry now and put "I come from a country that needs a letter from IRCC" so i can kickstart my application process? I still have 52 days left on my ITA application process.

I estimate 10 working days when fingerprint reaches singapore to be processed and COC to be issued and 14 working days to be mailed to canada. So that is 25 working days.

Hey. You are right regarding the timelines.

You have two options now:
Option 1 - wait for Singapore eCOC and then submit application. The only con for this option would be additional days spent waiting for eCOC.
Option 2 - submit application without eCOC. In this case you will have to again apply for Singapore eCOC once IRCC sends a request letter to you for Singapore eCOC. This request letter came after 1.5 months of application submission in my case.

So my suggestion is to go ahead with Option 1 if you are in a hurry to apply (that'll basically lock start your 6 month application period). If you dont mind applying for eCOC again, go for option 2.

Reactions: yuyu

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Thank you jjsekh for taking the time to reply. I guess i will go with Option 1.

For option 2: can't I use my sngapore pcc that i applied before to submit when officer asks for it? Why would i need to use the ircc letter to resubmit?

Singapore PCC takes so long. i wish i can go to an embassy and just take it.

Last edited:

jjsekh

Feb 23, 2019
Thank you jjsekh for taking the time to reply. I guess i will go with Option 1.

For option 2: can't I use my sngapore pcc that i applied before to submit when officer asks for it? Why would i need to use the ircc letter to resubmit?

Singapore PCC takes so long. i wish i can go to an embassy and just take it.
Hey. So what has happened in my case is that I got the Singapore eCOC using my ITA and submitted it along with my application (I.e. I followed option 1). But still IRCC sent me a request letter for Singapore eCOC as an ADR request. I then uploaded my original Singapore eCOC that I had got using ITA and wrote a description that I followed proper process for obtaining it and just used ITA instead of the request letter. My ADR is still in review and people have advised me that it'll be ok in my case.

I wouldn't recommend you to submit the Singapore eCOC that you've already applied for when the IRCC officer requests for it because eCOC will have a date stamp which will be prior to the date of request raised by IRCC officer. Ideally it shouldn't matter as the eCOC doesn't have any validity/expiry, but IRCC officer might call it misrepresentation as you wouldn't have uploaded eCOC as part of your application and it's not also sought after IRCC officer's request. Guess it's better to play it safe since the rules aren't clear :)

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hey. So what has happened in my case is that I got the Singapore eCOC using my ITA and submitted it along with my application (I.e. I followed option 1). But still IRCC sent me a request letter for Singapore eCOC as an ADR request. I then uploaded my original Singapore eCOC that I had got using ITA and wrote a description that I followed proper process for obtaining it and just used ITA instead of the request letter. My ADR is still in review and people have advised me that it'll be ok in my case.

I wouldn't recommend you to submit the Singapore eCOC that you've already applied for when the IRCC officer requests for it because eCOC will have a date stamp which will be prior to the date of request raised by IRCC officer. Ideally it shouldn't matter as the eCOC doesn't have any validity/expiry, but IRCC officer might call it misrepresentation as you wouldn't have uploaded eCOC as part of your application and it's not also sought after IRCC officer's request. Guess it's better to play it safe since the rules aren't clear :)
Hey jjsekh what happen to your ADR for Singapore COC requested by Canada?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019

Oh man we're in the same boat, except that my ADR status says "Not Applicable" some 17 hours after I uploaded the second "updated original COC" :S

jjsekh

Feb 23, 2019
F
FFiinngnggeergengin
Oh man we're in the same boat, except that my ADR status says "Not Applicable" some 17 hours after I uploaded the second "updated original COC" :S
Fingers crossed :)
I'm about to complete 6 months. Hoping to hear something soon. I'll update you as and when I hear something from ircc.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
F
FFiinngnggeergengin

Fingers crossed :)
I'm about to complete 6 months. Hoping to hear something soon. I'll update you as and when I hear something from ircc.
Really hope that we all fall under the "80% within 6 months" category! Good luck :)

Lizasia

Oct 22, 2019
AOR Received.
05-12-2019

Hi Yu,

May i know which option you chose? Did you submit COC together or you waited for IRCC request letter.
Thanks

SinghKing

Dec 12, 2019
NEED HELP FOR SINGAPORE PCC..URGENT. Pls help for below

Guyz...I am staying in singapore from last 5.5 months. I am on employment here, originally from India. I will complete 6 months on 23rd Dec.

1) Do i need to submit PCC upfront if I file my PR application before 23rd Dec? I have not completed 6 months yet so I cannot apply for COC here. What to do?

2) Moreover, for Singapore it's clearly written on CIC website that you don't need to submit PCC upfront, but I am hearing that I still need to submit the PCC with the application else it may get rejected.

Is this true?

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi Yu,

May i know which option you chose? Did you submit COC together or you waited for IRCC request letter.
Thanks
if Singapore citizen i think it is okay to submit COC with the application. PR / foreigners Im not sure. has something to do with the dates in COC for sg vs pr/foreigners

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
I'm a Singaporean and applied for COC from Singapore. I followed what was listed on IRCC's website and uploaded a pdf that said something like "I'm applying for a COC from a country that requires an official letter from IRCC"

I received an ADR for COC on the same date as my BIL. The ADR holds the "official letter request" that you're supposed to present to SPF when applying for the COC online.