+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshreddyc said:
Not sure if I can use other countries cc as didn't go till that stage. So, did you see such option of accepting other cc's while doing the pmt?
And can I use my friends cc who is working in SG?
It doesn't matter. SPF doesn't care which CC you use, as long as you can pay. SO you can use your friend's Singapore CC.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
PonJoub said:
As far as I remember, we don't need to provide an address & phone number in SG in the eSPF application.
This the draft letter of authorization I used and worked for me ...

***QUOTE***
Subject: Letter of authorization for "M./Ms. YYY" to collect my COC on my behalf

Dear Officer,

I, "M./Ms. XXX", authorize my friend "M./Ms. YYY" / FIN # ABCDEFGHI / PASSPORT # RSTUVWXYZ to collect on my behalf the COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under reference # WWXXYYZZ.

Please kindly assist to release to him/her the relevant COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under reference # WWXXYYZZ.

***UNQUOTE***

I sent the original letter of authorization to my friend for her to bring along with her ID or passport (the ID # mentioned in the letter).

I guess that you can use the CC of your friend in SG (providing that he agrees and SPF just needs a payment ... I think they don't mind where the payment comes from) but I cannot confirm coz I used my bank account in SG for the payment. However, I think that overseas CC could be used coz not everyone has a bank account in SG ...

45 days seem a lot since your AOR ... from what I've seen on this forum, CIC generally sends the letter quite fast (i.e. within 2-3 weeks after AOR) but maybe I'm wrong ...
Are you sure, that you spent a minimum of 6 months in SG ? have you mentioned in a LOE what is stated on CIC website ? "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate."
Thanks once again, that's really helpful.

Yes, I did mentioned in my LOE as below and provided my duration too, but am not sure why I didn't get the request yet. I've a long travel history, but I don't think that should interrupt this process. Do I need to contact CIC for this or hang on for some more time, coz processing time is 6 months as what CIC communicated.

- Police clearance Certificate from Singapore is not included in this application as they require official letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I had worked in Singapore for the duration of 2 years i.e. from Dec 20th 2010 to Dec 31st 2012.

- Police clearance certificate from Singapore for spouse is not included in this application as they require official letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
ldrbjp said:
May be SPF is getting these requests too frequently these days and decided to help out the people :). I applied for CoC early this month (with ITA) and received it yesterday.

In fact, SPF has accepted my wife's request for CoC without her name in the ITA. They first rejected but we sent an explanation that only primary applicants are listed in ITA and not the dependents and requested them to consider. Honestly we were not hopeful but planned to proceed without my wife's CoC and attache LOE requesting new letter from CIC.

To our surprise, SPF has accepted our explanation and issued CoC to my wife too. We may be lucky but SPF may have started using commonsense :).
it's good to know for future COC applicants ;)
If only I was as lucky as you during this COC process :/

anyway, good luck in your PR application ;)

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
santoshreddyc said:
Thanks once again, that's really helpful.

Yes, I did mentioned in my LOE as below and provided my duration too, but am not sure why I didn't get the request yet. I've a long travel history, but I don't think that should interrupt this process. Do I need to contact CIC for this or hang on for some more time, coz processing time is 6 months as what CIC communicated.

- Police clearance Certificate from Singapore is not included in this application as they require official letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I had worked in Singapore for the duration of 2 years i.e. from Dec 20th 2010 to Dec 31st 2012.

- Police clearance certificate from Singapore for spouse is not included in this application as they require official letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
I also have a long travel history and received the CIC letter quite fast so it looks strange that you haven't received your letter yet ... but I'm too new in the forum to tell you if this is normal or not ... but from what I've seen on the forum, it seems that most applicants receive the CIC letter within few days ...
maybe some seniors could advise if you have to contact CIC or wait for a bit still ...

Good luck

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
PonJoub said:
I also have a long travel history and received the CIC letter quite fast so it looks strange that you haven't received your letter yet ... but I'm too new in the forum to tell you if this is normal or not ... but from what I've seen on the forum, it seems that most applicants receive the CIC letter within few days ...
maybe some seniors could advise if you have to contact CIC or wait for a bit still ...

Good luck
Thanks mate, I hope the content in my LOE is fine right which would let CIC know hat I need letter to get then PCC.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
ldrbjp said:
It doesn't matter. SPF doesn't care which CC you use, as long as you can pay. SO you can use your friend's Singapore CC.
Thanks mate.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
May be SPF is getting these requests too frequently these days and decided to help out the people :). I applied for CoC early this month (with ITA) and received it yesterday.

In fact, SPF has accepted my wife's request for CoC without her name in the ITA. They first rejected but we sent an explanation that only primary applicants are listed in ITA and not the dependents and requested them to consider. Honestly we were not hopeful but planned to proceed without my wife's CoC and attache LOE requesting new letter from CIC.

To our surprise, SPF has accepted our explanation and issued CoC to my wife too. We may be lucky but SPF may have started using commonsense :).
In our case, the ITA is in my name and only my husband has lived in Singapore. We will try anyway to request the COC with ITA + print of application page, where it states my husband name. Let's hope it works!!

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

At last after a long waiting, I received the request letter from CIC to get my SG PCC.

While filling the online appeal form, after giving the particulars, as a next step there is a Plea box. Can some one please share as what all details needs to be covered in here. Also, do we need to specify the addresses where I stayed in SG or not required.

What should we provide in Residential address & Postal address.

And last but not the least, once we submit the appeal form and do the payment, do I need to wait for the approval and then go for finger printing accordingly? please confirm.

Appreciate people who have recently got the PCC using the new online eServices to share the details please.

Thanks in Advance.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Madhouseontheshore, HiCan and Santoshreddy,

Though I am not the primary applicant, I am still contemplating to apply for the Singapore PCC without the letter from IRCC for the request. I will forward the ITA letter of my wife along with my document holder request showing my name. I will also forward my passport copy having my spouse name.

Could you please guide, what all information should be ready while filling the appeal form? I have the MoM letter, EP stamp on passport and FIN card.

May I request you to please update your cases on the progress?

Thank you,

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Pawshi said:

Though I am not the primary applicant, I am still contemplating to apply for the Singapore PCC without the letter from IRCC for the request. I will forward the ITA letter of my wife along with my document holder request showing my name. I will also forward my passport copy having my spouse name.

Could you please guide, what all information should be ready while filling the appeal form? I have the MoM letter, EP stamp on passport and FIN card.

Thank you,
Hi, I'm still in the process of filling the eSPF application online and waiting to get clarified for some queries.

Once I submit successfully, will definitely share you my status.

Right now, am providing below supporting docs

1. Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requesting for Certificate of Clearance.
2. Copy of scanned biometric page of my passport
3. Copy of Scanned photograph
4. Employment Pass – Since I don’t have the EP card, I’m providing below supporting documents as a proof of evidence.
- Copy of the In-Principle Approval letter received to enter Singapore
- Copy of Employment pass stamping page from my passport
- Copy of my Payslip, showcasing my earnings in Singapore
- Copy of my Singapore -IRAS Income Tax Letter
- Copy of my Employment Pass cancellation letter
- Relieving letter from the employer

Addresses where I stayed in Singapore. I've prepared a covering letter in which I've provided all these information. But thinking of including them in the Plea box in the 2nd step of filling the application.

Waiting for some suggestion who have obtained the COC using the new online process.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshreddyc said:
Hi Friends,

At last after a long waiting, I received the request letter from CIC to get my SG PCC.

While filling the online appeal form, after giving the particulars, as a next step there is a Plea box. Can some one please share as what all details needs to be covered in here. Also, do we need to specify the addresses where I stayed in SG or not required.

What should we provide in Residential address & Postal address.

And last but not the least, once we submit the appeal form and do the payment, do I need to wait for the approval and then go for finger printing accordingly? please confirm.

Appreciate people who have recently got the PCC using the new online eServices to share the details please.

Thanks in Advance.
In Plea box, you can explain why you needed Singapore COC. You don't need to list all addresses you lived in Singapore. In current address, you can specify your current address (not SG one, if you are not stating there). Appeal typically takes 1 to 2 working days so you may as well wait for the appeal result and then go for fingerprints.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshreddyc said:
Hi, I'm still in the process of filling the eSPF application online and waiting to get clarified for some queries.

Once I submit successfully, will definitely share you my status.

Right now, am providing below supporting docs

1. Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requesting for Certificate of Clearance.
2. Copy of scanned biometric page of my passport
3. Copy of Scanned photograph
4. Employment Pass – Since I don’t have the EP card, I’m providing below supporting documents as a proof of evidence.
- Copy of the In-Principle Approval letter received to enter Singapore
- Copy of Employment pass stamping page from my passport
- Copy of my Payslip, showcasing my earnings in Singapore
- Copy of my Singapore -IRAS Income Tax Letter
- Copy of my Employment Pass cancellation letter
- Relieving letter from the employer

Addresses where I stayed in Singapore. I've prepared a covering letter in which I've provided all these information. But thinking of including them in the Plea box in the 2nd step of filling the application.

Waiting for some suggestion who have obtained the COC using the new online process.
I didn't have the EP card too so I wrote a mail to SPF on the alternative. They just asked me to upload scans of SG stamps. So I just provided my passport scan copies (front, back and pages with SG stamp). That sufficed and I got the COC. Yes, you can use plea box to write your explanation.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
This is indeed helpful LDRBJP. +1 to you. I have PMed you. Could you please check the same?

Thank you,
Pawas

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
ldrbjp said:
In Plea box, you can explain why you needed Singapore COC. You don't need to list all addresses you lived in Singapore. In current address, you can specify your current address (not SG one, if you are not stating there). Appeal typically takes 1 to 2 working days so you may as well wait for the appeal result and then go for fingerprints.
Thanks friend :). I've explained as you said to why I'm unable to provide the scanned copy of the EP.

I've submitted my appeal before your post, but made few errors so not sure if SPF accepts.

1.) Have provided Residential address as my Canada address and postal address as my friends address in SG.
2.) Also, I mentioned as I've mailed the Acknowledgement Slip and hardcopy fingerprint impression to COC office (this one is more worried one) :( in the plea box. I thought I need to go for finger printing after the appeal and do the payment once I complete it. Lack of concentration :(

Will wait for the confirmation and then go for finger printing.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Pawshi said:

Thank you,
Thank you Santoshreddy for the update.

May I request Madhouseontheshore and HiCan to share the progress in their case.

Thank you!