+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I am just wondering how does this proxy pick up works?

I only see options for personal pick up as below

Are you currently residing in Singapore? : *
YES NO
*Choosing YES defaults the collection mode to self collect.
Once the appeal is done and when you make an application then there is an option to specify the 'Proxy Pick Up'

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi, I also need COC from SPF. I am now residing in Pune, India.
From the SPF website, I appealed for the COC and it was accepted. Then, I applied for COC and it has also been accepted.
Now, I have to get fingerprint scanned and send it to them by post.

Where do I get the fingerprint scanned? What is the format needed?

I visited a police station nearby and they will simply put the fingerprints on a plain paper and get it sealed.

As per the FAQ in SPF website, it should be from police station, notary public or justice of peace.

I called up the SPF and they said need that in a particular format (not simply on a plain paper). I asked for the format. They said try to search for FBI fingerprint format.

Has anybody got COC from India successfully? If so, how did you get the fingerprinting done?
I'm exactly at the same situation. Where and how to get the fingerprints done in India? I live in Bangalore.
Can someone share their experience ? eagerly waiting for response.

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi, I also need COC from SPF. I am now residing in Pune, India.
From the SPF website, I appealed for the COC and it was accepted. Then, I applied for COC and it has also been accepted.
Now, I have to get fingerprint scanned and send it to them by post.

Where do I get the fingerprint scanned? What is the format needed?

I visited a police station nearby and they will simply put the fingerprints on a plain paper and get it sealed.

As per the FAQ in SPF website, it should be from police station, notary public or justice of peace.

I called up the SPF and they said need that in a particular format (not simply on a plain paper). I asked for the format. They said try to search for FBI fingerprint format.

Has anybody got COC from India successfully? If so, how did you get the fingerprinting done?
@muraleekrishnan Did you manage to get Singapore COC ? Please share your experience.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Would someone who knows help me with a couple of queries?

1. Does the COC cover your "social visit/tourist visit" days or just those on EP?

2. Does SPF issue a new COC, if required, again (in case you need to travel outside and therefore the earlier one becomes useless)? Has anyone got multiple ones?

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Would someone who knows help me with a couple of queries?

1. Does the COC cover your "social visit/tourist visit" days or just those on EP?

2. Does SPF issue a new COC, if required, again (in case you need to travel outside and therefore the earlier one becomes useless)? Has anyone got multiple ones?
I have answer for your Question 1, as SPF states they issue COC for a foreign national who stayed in Singapore for 6 months or more. Social Visit pass is issued for max 3 months duration.
COC is applicable for EP/PR/Citizens.

Reactions: 000111222

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
To apply for singapore coc, is it necessary to have the scanned copy of ep? I have my FIN Number and EP approval email. But I don't have the EP Scanned copy with me. I think I lost it.

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
To apply for singapore coc, is it necessary to have the scanned copy of ep? I have my FIN Number and EP approval email. But I don't have the EP Scanned copy with me. I think I lost it.
I got my COC appeal accepted with EP approval letter and passport Stamps but do provide a letter explaining the evidence you are providing and the addresses you have stayed etc.

Hitesh27j

Jun 6, 2017
Hitesh - II am also waiting for request letter for wife's PCC from Singapore - my medicals passed on Jul 21 but no request letter or ARD from CIC to date (quite surprised). I had called CIC couple of weeks back asking about this and the person I spoke to on the phone was kind enough to send me the link to a PDF which you can fill yourself and submit as an official request letter if you have not yet received one from CIC - here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf

Basically I am the PA and I had earlier appealed to SPF with ITA and marriage certificate but the rejected it saying request letter is not in spouse name - I took a chance with this PDF above and they approved the appeal and now I have submitter her prints. Hope this helps you and others in a similar situation. I wanted to save time rather than waiting for the ADR after which it will easily take a month looking at SPF processing times.
Hey Karthik,

I am also bit surprised with as my AOR was 14th August and I have received a letter from CIC for Singapore PCC. I wish you have received the letter by now.

AJD

May 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-08-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront 12-07-2017
Med's Done....
Meds Passed 09-09-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2017
I applied police clearance certificates for four countries: India, Malaysia, New Zealand & Singapore. I'm surprised that Singapore is the slowest in all 4 & am afraid I may not be able to submit PCC from Singapore on time (with in 60 days). Has anybody overshot the time limit given by IRCC? Any advice on how to handle this if I don't get the PCC on time?

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I applied police clearance certificates for four countries: India, Malaysia, New Zealand & Singapore. I'm surprised that Singapore is the slowest in all 4 & am afraid I may not be able to submit PCC from Singapore on time (with in 60 days). Has anybody overshot the time limit given by IRCC? Any advice on how to handle this if I don't get the PCC on time?
How long it has been? When your fingerprint was delivered?

AJD

May 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-08-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront 12-07-2017
Med's Done....
Meds Passed 09-09-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2017
How long it has been? When your fingerprint was delivered?
my fingerprints were received on Monday (4 Sept) and I have time until 2017/10/17. The officer at SPF told me that it will take another two weeks to finalise my PCC results. If they post it after two weeks, I am not sure if it will reach my place in Canada before 17th Oct. A regular post will take about a month or so. But some say that it may take more than a month. unfortunately, spf dont send their items through courier. for someone like me who do not have anyone in Singapore to receive and send it thru courier, it is quite not possible to receive it on time.

Any advice on how to handle this if I don't get the PCC on time?

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my fingerprints were received on Monday (4 Sept) and I have time until 2017/10/17. The officer at SPF told me that it will take another two weeks to finalise my PCC results. If they post it after two weeks, I am not sure if it will reach my place in Canada before 17th Oct. A regular post will take about a month or so. But some say that it may take more than a month. unfortunately, spf dont send their items through courier. for someone like me who do not have anyone in Singapore to receive and send it thru courier, it is quite not possible to receive it on time.

Any advice on how to handle this if I don't get the PCC on time?
Wait until the end of your deadline, write an LOE saying you are still waiting and attach proof that you have requested it.

Reactions: AJD

AJD

May 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-08-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront 12-07-2017
Med's Done....
Meds Passed 09-09-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2017
Wait until the end of your deadline, write an LOE saying you are still waiting and attach proof that you have requested it.
Thats a good plan. But do you think they will decline my application as incomplete?