+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore-COC appeal

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
JEEEBUSS CHRIST

Okay SO i called the SPF, after 124 tries.SHe told me not to send the fingerprint to the police department but to my proxy.

But on the email it clearly instructs me this :

Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal to

COC Office Blk D
#02-07/08 Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road,
Singapore 088762

what on earth is happening? AAAAARGH
You can either post directly or ask you proxy to bring to there. The 2nd option would be safer. But I followed the 1st option
After around 5-7 working days, you can ask your proxy to go there to collect the certf. Remember to include authorization letter to allow your proxy to collect on your behalf.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
You can either post directly or ask you proxy to bring to there. The 2nd option would be safer. But I followed the 1st option
After around 5-7 working days, you can ask your proxy to go there to collect the certf. Remember to include authorization letter to allow your proxy to collect on your behalf.
Thank you romanic,
O yea in your letter of authorization,did you include an explanation for your period of stay in Singapore like this?

"The Certificate of Clearance must cover the whole period of my stay in Singapore, from XX/XX/XXXX up to XX/XX/XXXX."

Canada_cube

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
What about the social visits, if any, that one may have made before one started working in Singapore formally? Those would be mentioned in travel history but likely not captured in the PCC.

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
Thank you romanic,
O yea in your letter of authorization,did you include an explanation for your period of stay in Singapore like this?

"The Certificate of Clearance must cover the whole period of my stay in Singapore, from XX/XX/XXXX up to XX/XX/XXXX."
You should include your period of stay in your online APPEAL/APPLICATION form, and not in authorization letter. The letter is to authorize your friend to collect certificate for you on behalf only. Just simply state that you (with your application number) authorize your friend (Name, Passport Number, FIN number, Contact Number) to collect the Certificate of Clearance when it is available.

About your period of stay in Singapore, make sure you put correctly as it will appear on your certificate.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
You should include your period of stay in your online APPEAL/APPLICATION form, and not in authorization letter. The letter is to authorize your friend to collect certificate for you on behalf only. Just simply state that you (with your application number) authorize your friend (Name, Passport Number, FIN number, Contact Number) to collect the Certificate of Clearance when it is available.

About your period of stay in Singapore, make sure you put correctly as it will appear on your certificate.

O boy, on the period of stay i put from july 2006- june 2007 for college purpose but then I went there again for holidays for 2 days in august 2007.
Should I put from july 2006 - august 2007 instead of juily 2006 - june 2007?

But again on the form, there's this question:" the last date of my departure" i put down August 2007, please help i am confused

O mann... is there a way to change this?or I need to redo the whole application again?

Last edited:

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
O boy, on the period of stay i put from july 2006- june 2007 for college purpose but then I went there again for holidays for 2 days in august 2007.
Should I put from july 2006 - august 2007 instead of juily 2006 - june 2007?

But again on the form, there's this question:" the last date of my departure" i put down August 2007, please help i am confused

O mann... is there a way to change this?or I need to redo the whole application again?
I am not sure what @romanic is trying to say.

I called COC office several times and they clearly stated that they will not deliver a PCC for tourist visas. I worked in Singapore until August 2016 then left the country, came back again for holidays in April 2017.

They will deliver a PCC until August 2016, which corresponds to the date of cancellation of my employment pass in Singapore. Best I can do, is upload this PCC with a LOE explaining this.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
I am not sure what @romanic is trying to say.

I called COC office several times and they clearly stated that they will not deliver a PCC for tourist visas. I worked in Singapore until August 2016 then left the country, came back again for holidays in April 2017.

They will deliver a PCC until August 2016, which corresponds to the date of cancellation of my employment pass in Singapore. Best I can do, is upload this PCC with a LOE explaining this.
Okay...So I phoned the SPF again, they were very kind and the kind lady told me to email my correct period of stay,and 1 hr later she replied it has been changed.

SO all good

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Including your latest tourist visit? This is strange.
I think my case is different than yours,maybe because when I re-entered Singapore on August 2007 it was only 1 month after my last stay in Singapore as Student.I've seen other forums they provided letter of explanation and they're fine.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015

Hi Romanic,

Is it okay if I send digital Letter of Authorization with my digital signature?or did you send your original signature and mail it

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I think my case is different than yours,maybe because when I re-entered Singapore on August 2007 it was only 1 month after my last stay in Singapore as Student.I've seen other forums they provided letter of explanation and they're fine.
Maybe yes; good job in any case, hope your application will be fine.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi Romanic,

Is it okay if I send digital Letter of Authorization with my digital signature?or did you send your original signature and mail it
You can sign the letter, scan and send it to your friend. He prints is on his side and show it to SPF. I did this and my friend just got my COC yesterday.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
You can sign the letter, scan and send it to your friend. He prints is on his side and show it to SPF. I did this and my friend just got my COC yesterday.
Ow yeass! thanks for this info.

Actually i've been emailing back and forth with the officer LOL, she's super kind. I made a mistake on both of my stayperiod and last departure.
I asked her to change it over the email.And eventually she asked me to upload my passport stamps on the email, which I did.And after that They sent me new confirmation.I sent my fingerprints 2 times already,I dont think I ;ll be needing to send another one with new confirmation right?These receipt confirmations are all the same except for the date,but serial number and COC ref number are still the same.I hope it's okay

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Ow yeass! thanks for this info.

Actually i've been emailing back and forth with the officer LOL, she's super kind. I made a mistake on both of my stayperiod and last departure.
I asked her to change it over the email.And eventually she asked me to upload my passport stamps on the email, which I did.And after that They sent me new confirmation.I sent my fingerprints 2 times already,I dont think I ;ll be needing to send another one with new confirmation right?These receipt confirmations are all the same except for the date,but serial number and COC ref number are still the same.I hope it's okay
It's so strange to hear this, their officer has been pretty unresponsive to me, they have not replied my email for 5 days now and even hung up on me. I guess you have a sweeter voice than mine!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

We appealed yesterday for spouse’s COC, however the proxy collection option was not available?

I can’t remember, do they ask for how do you want to collect the COC (self-collection, mail or proxy), at appeal or actual COC application stage?

Thanks