+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore-COC appeal

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wait, if you chosed by proxy, then your friend will pick the certificate up for you right?
Yea , on the online form ,after choosing "by Proxy" 3 other questions popped up.

Proxy's NRIC numbers and his passport name and my relation to him.Did you do that step as well?

and on the SPF website it says:
However applicants may also send a proxy to collect the COC on their behalf on other days if they need to attend to matters after their fingerprint session. An authorisation letter indicating (i) the COC Ref No. (ii) the proxy’s identification (NRIC/FIN) is required. The proxy must also produce a valid identification for verification against the authorisation letter.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Humm I am just worried, because u mentioned it will take longer because it has to be sent to my canadian adress, but on the online application I chose"By Proxy"So it will only get picked up by my proxy right?And in the application there's no passport photos requirement too,did you do this online?
If you chosed proxy then yes, SPF will deliver it to your proxy. If you want them to mail it to you, you have to chose the "mail" option and it is another SGD5 5.

But really, what you want is a good soft/scan copy. Your proxy can mail your PCC to you in a second time, most important I believe is to upload the PCC in IRCC system.

For the photos, not sure where I got this requirement from (I checked several sources).

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
JEEEBUSS CHRIST

Okay SO i called the SPF, after 124 tries.SHe told me not to send the fingerprint to the police department but to my proxy.

But on the email it clearly instructs me this :

Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal to

COC Office Blk D
#02-07/08 Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road,
Singapore 088762

what on earth is happening? AAAAARGH

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
JEEEBUSS CHRIST

Okay SO i called the SPF, after 124 tries.SHe told me not to send the fingerprint to the police department but to my proxy.

But on the email it clearly instructs me this :

Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal to

COC Office Blk D
#02-07/08 Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road,
Singapore 088762

what on earth is happening? AAAAARGH
124 times? Consider yourself lucky!

Sending fingerprints to COC office is for them to process and mail the PCC to you. If you have a proxy, you can send all documents to him and he will walk-in their office and request the certificate which will be delivered on the spot.

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
124 times? Consider yourself lucky!

Sending fingerprints to COC office is for them to process and mail the PCC to you. If you have a proxy, you can send all documents to him and he will walk-in their office and request the certificate which will be delivered on the spot.
O crap
what should I do now?Redoing the fingerprint again?

But that's the email instruction that I got though.Even on the receipt it says $55 bux, and method :by Proxy.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi Matt,

is it ok if you write down in here your Authorization letter sample?
thanks!

Just as guidance in case we miss anything
Sure I don't mind sharing my template however please let me insist first that this was written by me (I am no immigration professional) and based on the information that I have received. Anyone using it is doing it at his/her own risks.

Below my template :)

--------------------

<Full Name>
<Current address>
<FIN/NRIC Number>

Subject: Letter of authorization for Mr XXX YYYYYY to collect my COC on my behalf

Attention: Singapore Police Force, Certificate Of Clearance Department

Dear Officer,

I, Mr XXXX YYYY, Passport number #XXXXXXX authorize my friend Mr XXXX YYYYYY, Passport number #XXXXXX and FIN/NRIC number #XXXXXX to collect on my behalf the COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under appeal reference number #XXXXXX and COC application number #XXXXXXXX.

The said Certificate of Clearance must cover the whole period of my stay in Singapore, from XX/XX/XXXX up to XX/XX/XXXX.

Please kindly assist to release to him/her the relevant COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under above mentioned reference number.

Mr XXX YYYYYY will be showing a copy of my passport bio-page, as a proof of being my proxy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you need to clarify anything, on my mobile number at: XXXXXXX

Thanks and regards,

<Place>
<Date of today>

<Full name>
<Mobile number>
<Email address>

<Signature> (print + sign)

Reactions: laracroft0077

Vivoco888

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Sure I don't mind sharing my template however please let me insist first that this was written by me (I am no immigration professional) and based on the information that I have received. Anyone using it is doing it at his/her own risks.

Below my template :)

--------------------

<Full Name>
<Current address>
<FIN/NRIC Number>

Subject: Letter of authorization for Mr XXX YYYYYY to collect my COC on my behalf

Attention: Singapore Police Force, Certificate Of Clearance Department

Dear Officer,

I, Mr XXXX YYYY, Passport number #XXXXXXX authorize my friend Mr XXXX YYYYYY, Passport number #XXXXXX and FIN/NRIC number #XXXXXX to collect on my behalf the COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under appeal reference number #XXXXXX and COC application number #XXXXXXXX.

The said Certificate of Clearance must cover the whole period of my stay in Singapore, from XX/XX/XXXX up to XX/XX/XXXX.

Please kindly assist to release to him/her the relevant COC (Certificate Of Clearance) under above mentioned reference number.

Mr XXX YYYYYY will be showing a copy of my passport bio-page, as a proof of being my proxy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you need to clarify anything, on my mobile number at: XXXXXXX

Thanks and regards,

<Place>
<Date of today>

<Full name>
<Mobile number>
<Email address>

<Signature> (print + sign)

OYESS!! this is perfectt!! Thank youuu!!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I dont have to attach copy of my passport right?coz they have it already online?
I just need to attach my proxy's passport and my COC receipt?
I've already mentioned above all papers I sent to my proxy. If you have any doubts, better call SPF office.