+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

mintz

Apr 6, 2017
btw, anyone written their own letter of explanations for reference letter for work before?
my current job will not give me the signed and stamped letter with all the details.

there's only computer generated letter about my position, the date joined, and the salary only.
i am thinking of writing my own letter explaining that the company did not provide the additional details so i am confirming the extra info like responsibilities and working hours per week. i can also attach past 6 months pay slips ..

just want to know anyone has ever done it successfully?

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mintz said:
btw, anyone written their own letter of explanations for reference letter for work before?
my current job will not give me the signed and stamped letter with all the details.

there's only computer generated letter about my position, the date joined, and the salary only.
i am thinking of writing my own letter explaining that the company did not provide the additional details so i am confirming the extra info like responsibilities and working hours per week. i can also attach past 6 months pay slips ..

just want to know anyone has ever done it successfully?
went for the EE talk at OGS yesterday and the immigration officer andrew did mention that you can substantiate and add more support by writing down what you did, attaching your resume, showing employment letter etc. i would think finding a job ad of your position might also be useful too. that's what i'm
planning to do to help support.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
badz2 said:
by the way,i have a little bit of a dilemma about my singapore coc.. basically,i have yet to submit my application to ircc.. on march 8,i applied for an appeal by just submitting the ITA...during the process of filling up the application,it asks you for the dates right..so i have put the date march 8,2017 as end date..is this correct?

i just received my coc and it stated the date from <the day i landed in sg> until march 8,2017. will this be an issue?

Similar question regarding Singapore Police COC appeal:

I have to submit Singapore PCC or COC (Certificate of Clearance). Before I started working in Singapore, I visited Singapore three times on visit-visa in the same year(1). Then before getting the employment pass, I travelled again on the travel approval (2) for employment pass and after couple of weeks(3), was issued the employment pass.

The appeal form on Singapore Police website asks for the period of stay in Singapore using start-date and end-date fields. Considering that CIC wants a PCC for the entire duration of stay in a country if it is more than 6 months, while Singapore Police website is asking all the information based on Employment pass, what date should I use in my COC appeal; (1), (2) or (3)?

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
yuanteo said:
hi guys, i was at the canadian embassy yesterday and they said that proof of funds via cpf is not acceptable. i'm a singapore citizen. i guess it should work for PRs.

i am expecting an ITA soon (if it all goes well) and i would like to ask if anyone has gotten their POF approved from POSB joint accounts with parents. i only have one main bank account with most of my savings but it has my mother's name with me. i went to ask POSB and they are not allowing to remove one name. you can only open a new one. that just means that i can't get 6 months of history.

anybody who has had similar experience could share? thank you.
Nice to see fellow locals here.

Just got an email from another Singaporean that she used her CPF (as supporting) and she was aware of others who did as well.

Got it with 471 points here. Good luck, keep in touch!

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
yuanteo said:
hi guys, i was at the canadian embassy yesterday and they said that proof of funds via cpf is not acceptable. i'm a singapore citizen. i guess it should work for PRs.

i am expecting an ITA soon (if it all goes well) and i would like to ask if anyone has gotten their POF approved from POSB joint accounts with parents. i only have one main bank account with most of my savings but it has my mother's name with me. i went to ask POSB and they are not allowing to remove one name. you can only open a new one. that just means that i can't get 6 months of history.

anybody who has had similar experience could share? thank you.
Btw, you may add me at +65 9226 4998. Keep in touch! Got my ITA 2 days ago! Yours should come on the 3rd wednesday this month.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does fullerton share the result of the medical exam if requested?

mintz

Apr 6, 2017
Evixfel said:
Btw, you may add me at +65 9226 4998. Keep in touch! Got my ITA 2 days ago! Yours should come on the 3rd wednesday this month.
yay i cant wait for 19th april then! :D

my points also 471! have you done medicals? where did you do?

harshshrma119

Feb 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I feel relieved now, after knowing that the Passport and Digital Photo fields in my profile, are only applicable to the candidates from Visa Exempted Countries. Thanks , it was great help.
Please help to add me in the whatsapp group if possible, Thanks +65 8786 2616.

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
Evixfel said:
Nice to see fellow locals here.

Just got an email from another Singaporean that she used her CPF (as supporting) and she was aware of others who did as well.

Got it with 471 points here. Good luck, keep in touch!
Using CPF for Singaporeans seems like a hit-or-miss... You can give it a try but your mileage may vary.

Since you have a brokage account you can provide your SGX statement/ brokage statement as POF. Again they may or may not like it so make sure your Letter of Explanation is convincing enough. I got away with my investment in the Savings Bond and unit trusts (explained in a long paragraph in my LOE).

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Hi guys

I am looking for clarification on Singapore PCC as a non-Singaporean who is not in Singapore anymore and unable to get an answer from anywhere else so far. Would appreciate if you could please share your opinion on the matter:

The CIC website says that for Singapore, e-APR can be submitted without Singapore PCC or COC (it's called Certificate of Clearance in Singapore) for non-Singaporeans who are not in Singapore anymore. You have to submit only when CIC asks for it post e-APR submission, I've read on other threads that people were able to obtain COC by submitting their ITA.

My question is, any non-Singaporean who is not in Singapore anymore, did they get it on their addresses and forwarded it CIC, or did Singapore Police Force send the COC directly to CIC? CIC website says that it would not accept PCC/COC sent by mail. There must be other countries as well where from where CIC does not except PCC sent through mail. What to do in this case?

The below quoted special notes are mentioned in their website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
madhouseontheshore said:
Similar question regarding Singapore Police COC appeal:

I have to submit Singapore PCC or COC (Certificate of Clearance). Before I started working in Singapore, I visited Singapore three times on visit-visa in the same year(1). Then before getting the employment pass, I travelled again on the travel approval (2) for employment pass and after couple of weeks(3), was issued the employment pass.

The appeal form on Singapore Police website asks for the period of stay in Singapore using start-date and end-date fields. Considering that CIC wants a PCC for the entire duration of stay in a country if it is more than 6 months, while Singapore Police website is asking all the information based on Employment pass, what date should I use in my COC appeal; (1), (2) or (3)?
I too have the same question. However, while on employment pass, I cam back to my home country for two weeks and then went back to Singapore. So my case is

Duration 1 - At Singapore on Visitor pass
Duration 2 - At Singapore on EP
Duration 3 - At Singapore on EP

Will the SPF give the COC for only duration 3? or all inclusive duration 1, 2 and 3?

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
madhouseontheshore said:
Hi guys

I am looking for clarification on Singapore PCC as a non-Singaporean who is not in Singapore anymore and unable to get an answer from anywhere else so far. Would appreciate if you could please share your opinion on the matter:

The CIC website says that for Singapore, e-APR can be submitted without Singapore PCC or COC (it's called Certificate of Clearance in Singapore) for non-Singaporeans who are not in Singapore anymore. You have to submit only when CIC asks for it post e-APR submission, I've read on other threads that people were able to obtain COC by submitting their ITA.

My question is, any non-Singaporean who is not in Singapore anymore, did they get it on their addresses and forwarded it CIC, or did Singapore Police Force send the COC directly to CIC? CIC website says that it would not accept PCC/COC sent by mail. There must be other countries as well where from where CIC does not except PCC sent through mail. What to do in this case?

The below quoted special notes are mentioned in their website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp
SPF does not send your COC to IRCC directly. If you are applying from overseas the COC will be mailed to you directly.

From SPF FAQ:

9. I am residing overseas; do I need to come to Singapore to apply for COC?

Applicants residing overseas can apply and pay for COC via the eCOC webpage. Upon successful submission of the application, the Acknowledgment Slip must then be printed out and mailed to COC office, along with the applicant’s hardcopy fingerprint impressions taken by an authorised institution at the country of residence.

Below is a walk-through of the process:

Applicants Residing Overseas

Step 1: Apply for COC at the SPF eServices webpage

Step 2: Complete the online forms & make payment via Credit/Debit Card or I-Banking

Step 3: Print the Acknowledgement Slip

Step 4: Take fingerprint impressions at an authorised institution

Step 5: Mail the Acknowledgement Slip and hardcopy fingerprint impression to COC office

Step 6: COC office will mail the COC upon receipt of the Acknowledgement Slip and hardcopy fingerprint impression

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
Pawshi said:
I too have the same question. However, while on employment pass, I cam back to my home country for two weeks and then went back to Singapore. So my case is

Will the SPF give the COC for only duration 3? or all inclusive duration 1, 2 and 3?
Is there any particular reason for not including durations 1 and 2?

For Singaporeans (sorry I am not too sure about foreigners but it should not be too different) SPF issues the COC that says "no criminal record prior to the date of issurance". So regardless of your "number of residence episodes" they would issue a blanket COC for the applicant.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Pawshi said:

I think you should ask them in your COC appeal to cover all three periods of your stay in Singapore in a single COC and then hope that they do so. I have done the same.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
craigc said:
SPF does not send your COC to IRCC directly. If you are applying from overseas the COC will be mailed to you directly.

From SPF FAQ:

9. I am residing overseas; do I need to come to Singapore to apply for COC?

Applicants residing overseas can apply and pay for COC via the eCOC webpage. Upon successful submission of the application, the Acknowledgment Slip must then be printed out and mailed to COC office, along with the applicant’s hardcopy fingerprint impressions taken by an authorised institution at the country of residence.

Below is a walk-through of the process:

Applicants Residing Overseas

Step 1: Apply for COC at the SPF eServices webpage

Step 2: Complete the online forms & make payment via Credit/Debit Card or I-Banking

Step 3: Print the Acknowledgement Slip

Step 4: Take fingerprint impressions at an authorised institution

Step 5: Mail the Acknowledgement Slip and hardcopy fingerprint impression to COC office

Step 6: COC office will mail the COC upon receipt of the Acknowledgement Slip and hardcopy fingerprint impression
Thanks Craigc. +1.