01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
badz2 said:
just cam from posb,they said since i have the estatements,there is no need to ask them to print my statement of account and be charged $20 per month...they just asked me to print my estatement and they will stamp it for me,free of charge.

Congrats, you saved $120!

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamxty said:
Congrats, you saved $120!
yeah!at first the lady was kinda confused as why i am requesting for a statement when she checked that i am registered for estatement...i asked her that i needed the bank stamp..she suggested to just print the estatement and they will stamp it..for free..she later said to dont waste money.lol

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
When I went to OCBC last week, they printed the statement in a blank paper (no bank letterhead) and I was like :eek: :eek:! Although it was signed and stamped, without the letterhead, I don't think it will be considered an official document. Furthermore, I won't be paying $20 per statement if not printed in a letterhead :D

Next time, I will print my own statement and just let them sign it. Hope it will work for OCBC :D

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
badz2 said:
just cam from posb,they said since i have the estatements,there is no need to ask them to print my statement of account and be charged $20 per month...they just asked me to print my estatement and they will stamp it for me,free of charge.
Wow you are super lucky!
When I went to POSB (2 branches actually) they told me they do not stamp statements... Maybe they changed policy lately?

Anyways congrats on saving $120!

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
craigc said:
Wow you are super lucky!
When I went to POSB (2 branches actually) they told me they do not stamp statements... Maybe they changed policy lately?

Anyways congrats on saving $120!
yeah..although i haven't tried asking for them to stamp my statement of account..im still waiting for the march statement before i ask them to stamp all my statements for the past six months..this is the only thing that is lacking for me to submit my application.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by the way,i have a little bit of a dilemma about my singapore coc.. basically,i have yet to submit my application to ircc.. on march 8,i applied for an appeal by just submitting the ITA...during the process of filling up the application,it asks you for the dates right..so i have put the date march 8,2017 as end date..is this correct?

i just received my coc and it stated the date from <the day i landed in sg> until march 8,2017. will this be an issue?

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
Hi all,

I just received my ITA yesterday. (No state nomination)

It appears my biggest problem is my proof of funds. I've most of my $ stuck in my brokerage account (I'm an avid trader) and so I've very negligent amount of cash at bank.

So I've been thinking about using my CPF statement as a POF.

Has anyone done it? Or has anyone who knows somebody who has done it? Thanks!

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
Evixfel said:
Hi all,

It appears my biggest problem is my proof of funds. I've most of my $ stuck in my brokerage account (I'm an avid trader) and so I've very negligent amount of cash at bank.

I want to add I'm a Singaporean CITIZEN.

Thanks!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Evixfel said:
Hi all,

Yes, I know a lot who have done it but all of them are PR only, not a citizen. I think they provided a copy of the CPF terms stating that they can withdraw the funds. When they got the visa in their passport after PPR, they also withdrew their PR status to get the CPF.

For citizens, can you withdraw your CPF without renouncing your citizenship?

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
iamxty said:
Yes, I know a lot who have done it but all of them are PR only, not a citizen. I think they provided a copy of the CPF terms stating that they can withdraw the funds. When they got the visa in their passport after PPR, they also withdrew their PR status to get the CPF.

For citizens, can you withdraw your CPF without renouncing your citizenship?
If I were to submit based on past 6 months from NOW, it's not gona look very pretty. (slightly below required POF). As I mentioned in my earlier post it's all stuck in my brokerage account...

What should I do? 3 mths to sub, so end of June.

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, i was at the canadian embassy yesterday and they said that proof of funds via cpf is not acceptable. i'm a singapore citizen. i guess it should work for PRs.

i am expecting an ITA soon (if it all goes well) and i would like to ask if anyone has gotten their POF approved from POSB joint accounts with parents. i only have one main bank account with most of my savings but it has my mother's name with me. i went to ask POSB and they are not allowing to remove one name. you can only open a new one. that just means that i can't get 6 months of history.

anybody who has had similar experience could share? thank you.

mintz

Apr 6, 2017
badz2 said:
by the way,i have a little bit of a dilemma about my singapore coc.. basically,i have yet to submit my application to ircc.. on march 8,i applied for an appeal by just submitting the ITA...during the process of filling up the application,it asks you for the dates right..so i have put the date march 8,2017 as end date..is this correct?

i just received my coc and it stated the date from <the day i landed in sg> until march 8,2017. will this be an issue?
i have question on COC as well. i can only get it after i receive my ITA correct?
i am expecting my ITA the next draw. just afraid i dont have enough time.

mintz

Apr 6, 2017
jammin24 said:
I got mine at Joo Ann Foh at Holland Village Shopping Centre. I actually missed the bit about needing the studio's stamp on the back of one of the photos when I read the instructions. But when I went back to pick it up after running some errands while waiting (15 mins), they'd stamped it without my asking and explained to me that it was required! They also knew the size (much bigger than usual pp photos) and composition of the photos.
thanks for the info~! i will definitely go and visit them soon!

mintz

Apr 6, 2017
iamxty said:
When I went to OCBC last week, they printed the statement in a blank paper (no bank letterhead) and I was like :eek: :eek:! Although it was signed and stamped, without the letterhead, I don't think it will be considered an official document. Furthermore, I won't be paying $20 per statement if not printed in a letterhead :D

Next time, I will print my own statement and just let them sign it. Hope it will work for OCBC :D
did you try that and it worked?
i only have money in OCBC 365 but not in DBS :( not enough for POF
omg dont wanna pay 120 dollars more