+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN Update

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Hi guys,

I just realize my SIN expired when my first study permit expired in 2020. Is that gonna be a big problem?
I applied for a study permit extension and it got approved recently.
Now I'm waiting for the updated permit to arrive so I can update my SIN too.

progga

May 11, 2022
Hi guys,

I just realize my SIN expired when my first study permit expired in 2020. Is that gonna be a big problem?
I applied for a study permit extension and it got approved recently.
Now I'm waiting for the updated permit to arrive so I can update my SIN too.
its not going to be a problem. even if you go to renew sin they will probably give you the same sin number. Also what was your timeline for study permit extension?

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
its not going to be a problem. even if you go to renew sin they will probably give you the same sin number. Also what was your timeline for study permit extension?
Thank you!
Applied on Apr 28, expire on the July 31 My last term will finish in Dec 2022, so I apply for an extension to Mar 2023. Approved on May 6

progga

May 11, 2022
Thank you!
Applied on Apr 28, expire on the July 31 My last term will finish in Dec 2022, so I apply for an extension to Mar 2023. Approved on May 6
How long did it take for you to receive the final decision after they started your review eligibility. My review eligibility has been started so i was wondering when can i expect a decision.