+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simultaneous Processing of PR Application & Work Permit Application

kg_prince

Feb 17, 2010
Hi,
I am currently in Canada on a work permit (company sponsored visa - ICT) and is due for extension in the month of May-2014.

Can I apply for an extension of work permit (ICT Visa) while my PR [AOR received] is in process.My company will not encourage for Bridge Open Work Permit.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kg_prince said:
Hi,
I am currently in Canada on a work permit (company sponsored visa - ICT) and is due for extension in the month of May-2014.

Can I apply for an extension of work permit (ICT Visa) while my PR [AOR received] is in process.My company will not encourage for Bridge Open Work Permit.
You can apply for your BOWP if you want to, you don't need your company to agree.
However, it's up to you, you can renew your work permit or apply for the BOWP, both will not
affect your PR application.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
iam_toby said:
You can apply for your BOWP if you want to, you don't need your company to agree.
However, it's up to you, you can renew your work permit or apply for the BOWP, both will not
affect your PR application.
Hi, I have a question similar to above one..My Post Grad Open work permit is expiring in July 2014, and have applied for FSW PR application. I'm hopeful that my AOR will come in 8-10 weeks. Any idea if I can apply just using File no or need to wait till I get my AOR?

Regards,
Vaibhav

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Like Toby said, as long as you have your AOR, you can apply for a BOWP. You do not need any LMOs or anything like that so it makes no difference if your company "encourages" you or not.