+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University + WES

Abhay2050

Mar 30, 2015
lightofhope said:
Hurray!! ICAS of Canada has assessed my BScIT certificate from SMU-DE positively.

Don't be late.

Good luck guys.
'Lightofhope' is a liar. SMUDE is not recognised by ICAS. Do not waste your time in SMUDE, join a university/college approved by NAAC.

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Abhay...
i did confirmation of ICAS approval for SMU degrees completed till year 2012 (till this year it was recognized from UGC and DCE).

on what based you said ICAS not approving SMU degrees?
Please let forum know if you know any other information.

vine73

Jul 6, 2016
hopforSMU said:
Abhay...
i did confirmation of ICAS approval for SMU degrees completed till year 2012 (till this year it was recognized from UGC and DCE).

Abhay is right. SMU is not recognized by WES or any other assessing bodies of CIC. Dont waste your time and money. Rest is your own wish.

vine73

Jul 6, 2016
hopforSMU said:
Abhay...

Abhay is absolutely right. No assessing bodies for CIC recognizes SMU. Dont waste your time, energy and money

Ajit1975

Star Member
May 15, 2016
hi, folks i want to know whether WES recognize diploma done in vocational course from lal bahadur shastri training insitute registered with govt. of india ncvt.
thanks
AJIT

rajkhowa

Jul 24, 2016
cooldek1986 said:
Sorry Guys..I'm was extremely busy in filling applications forms and appying for the FSW..

I just contacted thru email that it is a part of Manipal Academyh of Higher Education and recognized by DEC/UGC and AIU/...That's it...
Then I got my revised ECA reprot stating Institution status and Canadian Equivalency..

Sorry for the late reply...
***************cooldek1986

Kindly help me with this.
I am MBA IT from SMU 2009.
i am litle worried

maxd

Sep 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some help here.

My wife sponsored me and so I had a question, If I have PR and want to study further at UTM. Cant UTM assess the same for me or do I still need to approach WES/ICAS/ICES?
Also, please advise if anyone has an idea whether BBA through Sikkim Manipal Distance Education is valid admission year 2011?

Thank you

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Guys,.. Good News Indeed.

ICAS recognize my SMU MBA Degree equivalent to Master Degree in Canada.

It took 23 Week in total after submitting all documents in ICAS to get the Assessment Report. I know this is a unsolved riddle for many folks in this forum. Hope my updates will help everyone who is looking for similar help.

Good Luck everyone

joshrai

Oct 24, 2016
hopforSMU said:

It took 23 Week in total after submitting all documents in ICAS to get the Assessment Report. I know this is a unsolved riddle for many folks in this forum. Hope my updates will help everyone who is looking for similar help.

Good Luck everyone

[/quo

That's a GREAT news hopforSMU. I have done M.Sc. in 2009 through Distance Education. I am not sure whether my credentials are accepted by ICAS

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello guys!

I read all the 10 pages of this thread on the forum and I am still confused whether degrees from SMU are recognized by ICAS or not. I see one member saying that he/she got the validation for SMU Masters Degree after 23 weeks and I see couple of members suggesting not to even try as its not recognized and is a waste of time & money. So can some out here concretely say something that they know from personal experience?

Another thing, I came across this thread as I was searching information for a friend of mine who has done long distance MBA from SMU, Bangalore(2010-2011) and B.Com from Magdh University (2002-2004). From which evaluating body should he get his degrees certified? Any suggestions/help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Knock knock...anybody home?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
DiNaV said:
Hello guys!

I read all the 10 pages of this thread on the forum and I am still confused whether degrees from SMU are recognized by ICAS or not. I see one member saying that he/she got the validation for SMU Masters Degree after 23 weeks and I see couple of members suggesting not to even try as its not recognized and is a waste of time & money. So can some out here concretely say something that they know from personal experience?

Another thing, I came across this thread as I was searching information for a friend of mine who has done long distance MBA from SMU, Bangalore(2010-2011) and B.Com from Magdh University (2002-2004). From which evaluating body should he get his degrees certified? Any suggestions/help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
WES does NOT evaluate academic records from Sikkim Manipal University. It is updated in their website.

https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=2

Not sure about other designated Organization.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
thinkshady said:
WES does NOT evaluate academic records from Sikkim Manipal University. It is updated in their website.

https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=2

Not sure about other designated Organization.
Thanks thinkshady.

I saw on WES website that it does not evaluate SMU, but I had made a mistake. My friends degree is from EIILM University. However, I have a question:-

Is there a way we can find out whether these WES or ICAS etc will evaluate the credentials of the universities, before we actually pay up and send them the documents and then get rejected? If yes, how and from where do I write to them?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
DiNaV said:
Thanks thinkshady.

I saw on WES website that it does not evaluate SMU, but I had made a mistake. My friends degree is from EIILM University. However, I have a question:-

Is there a way we can find out whether these WES or ICAS etc will evaluate the credentials of the universities, before we actually pay up and send them the documents and then get rejected? If yes, how and from where do I write to them?
You can check from the below link if the university is listed.

https://www.wes.org/ewenr/researchasiapacific.asp?country=2#India

eladhi

Nov 22, 2016
hopforSMU said:

Good Luck everyone
Dear
Can you please shear with us a copy of the equivalent
why there is no one get happy after you get the assessment Report.
can you send me the copy to my mail
e_lardhi@hotmail.com