+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University + WES

NJ_SKG

Nov 24, 2014
Dear hopforSMU,

Did you get your SMU degree evaluated, What is the outcome of SMU now?

Any latest development or good news from anybody ?

Thanks,
SKG

hopforSMU said:
Thanks @lightofhope

UGC notification is quite long and legal language gone out of my head. Sorry - but do you know summary of the Court Verdict?

as i said earlier - my MBA degree is in 2012 form SMU when its was recognized by UGC and DEC. does ICAS will do a positive evaluation for this case..

To all FOum members - Please advise if some one has evaluated SMU degree from ICAS.

Thank you

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
That is THE BEST NEWS ... !!

Dear lightofhope - How much time ICAS took to get the assessment done. I am planning to submit my application Next Week.

Best Regards

lightofhope

Sep 8, 2015
hopforSMU said:
That is THE BEST NEWS ... !!

Dear lightofhope - How much time ICAS took to get the assessment done. I am planning to submit my application Next Week.

Best Regards
Thanks hopforSMU.
I applied 16 june 2015, then final documents from SMU reached ICAS office 28 July. From the date of receiving final official documents ICAS took 6 months+ days to assess the credentials. Still I am happy that at least SMU got recognized this way. So people who like me studied during the Hon'ble court's stay order finally can hope with their degree.

Good luck to all.

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Thank you again lightofhope for replying. It helps for all in waiting..

This is really a good news indeed for all guys who has studied from SMU DE.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
Hi All,

my wife has completed MSC(IT) from Sikkim manipal university in 2011. she has completed this course in Pune,
and we are presently staying in Bangalore and planning to land Toronto in April. So i am planning to get her education assessed by WES.
now my issues are

1) Does WES recognizes degrees from SKM in year 2011.
2) Can we apply SKM transcript in Bangalore instead of Pune.

can anyone please help us on this....

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Dear lightofhope - One Help from your side pls. as per ICAS procedure for document assessment - we need to send 'OFFICIAL RECORD REQUEST FORM' to SMU and Other Universities wherever we have obtained higher education.

My Question is that after sending 'OFFICIAL RECORD REQUEST FORM' from our side to university, do we have to keep on followup with university to send the reply to ICAS Canada or they do it by themself?

Do we need to pay postage or any other service fees to our universities so that they can send response back to ICAS office in Canada?

I am just not sure how proactively Indian Universities works for these kind of requests.

Thank you in advance for your help.

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
lightofhope said:
Thanks hopforSMU.
I applied 16 june 2015, then final documents from SMU reached ICAS office 28 July. From the date of receiving final official documents ICAS took 6 months+ days to assess the credentials. Still I am happy that at least SMU got recognized this way. So people who like me studied during the Hon'ble court's stay order finally can hope with their degree.

Good luck to all.

Dear lightofhope - One Help from your side pls. as per ICAS procedure for document assessment - we need to send 'OFFICIAL RECORD REQUEST FORM' to SMU and Other Universities wherever we have obtained higher education.

My Question is that after sending 'OFFICIAL RECORD REQUEST FORM' from our side to university, do we have to keep on followup with university to send the reply to ICAS Canada or they do it by themself?

Do we need to pay postage or any other service fees to our universities so that they can send response back to ICAS office in Canada?

I am just not sure how proactively Indian Universities works for these kind of requests.

canada570

Dec 28, 2015
NJ_SKG said:
Hi Abhay2050,

I have checked the WES URL shared by you.
What WES implies that if you get 1st division in your 3 years degree program AND your University is accredited by NAAC (Rated as A) then your 3 years bachelor degree is Equivalent to 4 years US bachelor degree. It also means that your 15 years of Indian education is equivalent to 16 years of US education. This equivalency is more useful for the people who want to pursue Master degree program in US.

About NAAC accreditation:
SMU should approach NAAC for audit and accreditation.

I as well have MSC CS degree from SMU and I am also worried and that why I am pursuing another Master from Bharathiar Univ, DE ( MSc CS -> MCA credit Transfer/lateral entry directly to 3rd year of MCA) to avoid future troubles.

Hi

Can you please tell me if your Masters from Bharathiar university through distance education was evaluated positively by WES?
Also can you please tell me what is the procedure for obtaining transcripts for this university to send to WES evaluation

Thanks in advance

lightofhope

Sep 8, 2015
hopforSMU said:

OK the procedure is, you first register and pay for the assessment process with ICAS. Then an ICAS consultant will forward you the registration number and the form with guidelines for the documents required, wherein one form is to be filled by the applicant and to be directly forwarded to the ICAS via courier or postal. And another form to be filled by the institution with all the necessary points asked and sign and sealed (first part of this form to be filled by the student himself wherever necessary then forward to SMU controller with 2 or 3 color photocopies of the Final certificate, Semester marks sheet and consolidated marksheet). Before sending the request for the aforementioned to smu, you must create incident through the smu-de student portal and ask for the charges to be paid, procedures and address. You need to include the TT or original bank draft issued under the SMU-DE's name along with the documents and ICAS form for the university authentication process. Once SMU receives the same, they normally do the rest within 7 days. Do not forget to pay SMU some extra bucks for sending the authenticated documents in a sealed envelop through courier. I think SMU charged me around Rs. 1700 only but I paid 2000.

Hope this satisfy.

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
@lightofhope - This is Great Help Buddy. Thank you so much.

Now a Open Question in this Forum regarding SMU master degree (MBA) equivalency, Anyone Please share your thoughts are Welcome...

I have BSc from Delhi University and MBA from SMU-DE, does anybody has idea how this education will be evaluated in Canada PR Ranking system?

will it be considered as
- Bachelor Degree (three or more year program at university)

OR

- Two or more Certificate diploma's and degrees

I am asking this question because each category has different points to add in scoring system.

Anyone knows about it please help.

lightofhope

Sep 8, 2015
hopforSMU said:
@lightofhope - This is Great Help Buddy. Thank you so much.

Now a Open Question in this Forum regarding SMU master degree (MBA) equivalency, Anyone Please share your thoughts are Welcome...

I have BSc from Delhi University and MBA from SMU-DE, does anybody has idea how this education will be evaluated in Canada PR Ranking system?

will it be considered as
- Bachelor Degree (three or more year program at university)

OR

- Two or more Certificate diploma's and degrees

I am asking this question because each category has different points to add in scoring system.

Anyone knows about it please help.
My BScIT from SMU was evaluated as "Comparable level in Canada: Bachelor's Degree (3 years)"
Hope this helps.

ash0609

Apr 19, 2016
Hi,

I am MCA from amity distance education. I have got WES evaluation as MCA not recognized. Can anyone help me if something can be done to make it recognized. Will I get any point in immigration for this master degree. I am very disappointed. Somebody please advise on it,

gsidhu09

Apr 25, 2016
Hi,

I did my Bacholors from SMU. Now I want to apply for the evaluation for my PR.
Can anyone help me with the procedure that how can I approach SMU to send my transcript for evaluation?

Thanks,
Gary