+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University + WES

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
In my view, edcuation and exp are both different factors for assessment the eligibility. If WES/ICAS recognizes our educationals credentials we can claim points for the education irrrespecctive if you done in regular or distance mode...

Exp is another factor for assessment.It is based on the calcualtion of working hours...It should be paid job and full time for 40 hours per week..
do i need to select Full-time or Part-time for my MBA from SMU DE... IQAS evaluated it equaivalent to Canadian Masters...
but i am creating express entry profile and there entering education, it asks whether full-time or part-time?
is this distance education considered as full time or part time once evaluated by WES/IQAS?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yes Bachelors from WES and Masters from IQAS is fine.

But, if you have not already evaluated your Bachelors, then send both Bachelors and Masters to IQAS. Save 233 CAD dollars from WES. :)
did you select full time or part time when submitting EE profile.... for MBA which was distance

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi all, i have few questions and would really appreciate any assistance:

1. Is the academic request form mandatory to be included in the transcript envelope by university?

2. Can i send my bachelors and masters transcripts myself in a separate envelope and my application package in another? I have to add some documents from UGC with the masters degree and i dont think my university would do that.

3. I already have a transcript envelope that i requested in 2017 for WES evaluation. Can i send the same?

4. Is there any problem in recieving hardcopy of the ECA report to a Pincode address in india?

Thanks in advance.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
1. Is the academic request form mandatory to be included in the transcript envelope by university? - Not mandatory but better to send.

2. Can i send my bachelors and masters transcripts myself in a separate envelope and my application package in another? I have to add some documents from UGC with the masters degree and i dont think my university would do that. - Yes, You can

3. I already have a transcript envelope that i requested in 2017 for WES evaluation. Can i send the same? - Yes.

4. Is there any problem in recieving hardcopy of the ECA report to a Pincode address in india? - No I think.

rawoofkac

Sep 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please advise whether to go ahead with IQAS or ICAS to evaluate my SMU MBA degree? Is there any difference between ICAS and IQAS if we do the evaluation for the immigration to Canada? Please anyone answer.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks Arindam. Could you please tell me, to get the transcript from SMU-DE, to whom should I address in SMU to send my copy of the degree along with the request? How much they charge? Waiting for your kind reply. Thanks.
Call helpline 18002667777, they will guide you better.

Kindly send documents

1. Covering Letter from the student (Reason as to why you want the certificate (s) to be authenticated), ICAS/IQAS form (Request for Academic Records which is partially filled by students as well as university).

2. photocopy copies of all semester Marks Card (MC)/Consolidated Marks Card (CMC)/Provisional Pass Certificate (PPC)/Degree Certificate (DC) whichever is applicable.

3. Attestation fee Rs.200, (1 set), D.D should be in favor of “Sikkim Manipal University-DE” payable at Gangtok any one place.

4. Covering letter should mention dispatch address, pin code, contact number and instruction if any (like sealed envelope…..)

5. Courier charge if it is outside India you have to add Rs. 1250

All the documents sent to the below-given address:

Dy. Registrar

Sikkim Manipal University - DDE

5th Mile, Tadong Gangtok - 737102

Sikkim –India, Off: 03592-231808.

rawoofkac

Sep 22, 2018
Call helpline 18002667777, they will guide you better.

Kindly send documents

1. Covering Letter from the student (Reason as to why you want the certificate (s) to be authenticated), ICAS/IQAS form (Request for Academic Records which is partially filled by students as well as university).

2. photocopy copies of all semester Marks Card (MC)/Consolidated Marks Card (CMC)/Provisional Pass Certificate (PPC)/Degree Certificate (DC) whichever is applicable.

3. Attestation fee Rs.200, (1 set), D.D should be in favor of “Sikkim Manipal University-DE” payable at Gangtok any one place.

4. Covering letter should mention dispatch address, pin code, contact number and instruction if any (like sealed envelope…..)

5. Courier charge if it is outside India you have to add Rs. 1250

All the documents sent to the below-given address:

Dy. Registrar

Sikkim Manipal University - DDE

5th Mile, Tadong Gangtok - 737102

Sikkim –India, Off: 03592-231808.
Thank you for your kind reply. It's more clear. Still you want me to call the helpline of SMU?

rawoofkac

Sep 22, 2018
Thank you so much Arindam. Some more clarification please. Does SMU send the Transcript directly to IQAS or we have to get it and send it to them. Also is there any online payment facility in SMU to pay for the transcript as I am not living in INDIA. Please advise.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you so much Arindam. Some more clarification please. Does SMU send the Transcript directly to IQAS or we have to get it and send it to them. Also is there any online payment facility in SMU to pay for the transcript as I am not living in INDIA. Please advise.
They will send directly or you can ask to send to your address and then you send all documents to iqas. It's upto you. Yes online payment available.

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
Hi all,

I am planning to apply for express entry through FSW and need urgent information regarding the following:

1. I completed my MBA from SMU in jan 2017 for which i had enrolled in feb 2015. After going through several threads i hav established that my degree is valid under UGC but i want to confirm was it valid for distance education critera during the same period?

2. Should i apply for Eca through IQas or ICas ? Which one would assess sooner?

3. To all who have already received positive assessment..should I state my degree as 2 year part time or 1 yr full time? I completed it part time, 2 yrs through distance education.

Kindly reply asap...would appreciate any help

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all,

I am planning to apply for express entry through FSW and need urgent information regarding the following:

1. I completed my MBA from SMU in jan 2017 for which i had enrolled in feb 2015. After going through several threads i hav established that my degree is valid under UGC but i want to confirm was it valid for distance education critera during the same period?

2. Should i apply for Eca through IQas or ICas ? Which one would assess sooner?

3. To all who have already received positive assessment..should I state my degree as 2 year part time or 1 yr full time? I completed it part time, 2 yrs through distance education.

Kindly reply asap...would appreciate any help
What is this "Kindly reply asap"???

1. Distance education from SMU is valid.
2. I verified my MSc from IQAS as Masters. IQAS took 12 weeks.
3. There is no option on IQAS to mention part time or full time. Just send transcripts and they will evaluate.

Side note : if your question number 3 was for Express Entry application, then you will need to mention 2 year part time education.

Reactions: AnitaM