+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University + WES

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
What is this "Kindly reply asap"???

1. Distance education from SMU is valid.
2. I verified my MSc from IQAS as Masters. IQAS took 12 weeks.
3. There is no option on IQAS to mention part time or full time. Just send transcripts and they will evaluate.

Side note : if your question number 3 was for Express Entry application, then you will need to mention 2 year part time education.

Thank you Mr.Preet Singh. I would also need to know 1 more very important information..IQAS states that it will only assess the highest degree..So does that mean I need not get my Bachelors assessed? If that is the case what about my B.Tech degree which I suppose will have to be assessed at some point because I am applying for express entry through FSWC - Software engineer. Don't they check whether my engineering degree is assessed ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you Mr.Preet Singh. I would also need to know 1 more very important information..IQAS states that it will only assess the highest degree..So does that mean I need not get my Bachelors assessed? If that is the case what about my B.Tech degree which I suppose will have to be assessed at some point because I am applying for express entry through FSWC - Software engineer. Don't they check whether my engineering degree is assessed ?
No, highest degree is enough with IQAS.

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
hi All!!

Very urgent!!

I have sent my application along with my request for record form and ECA checklist and all required documents to SMU and had requested them to mail it along with the transcripts(as suggested by some). My concern is I have mentioned SMU -DE on the Application for my MBA degree which i had pursued during 2015-2017. I have also sent along the court orders and UGC notifications deeming my degree valid by DEC and UGC for the duration. Would that be suffucient..Or should I call up SMU and ask them not to mail the application form..and send a fresh copy myself with just Sikkim Manipal University mentioned on it(minus the Distance education ).

Kindly reply..

ashrafa143

Oct 7, 2018
hi all
does the course Bachelor of Science in information Technology (BScIT) recognized by the UGC ?
i joined the course 2006 and finished 2010 , any one has the link of UGC recolonization list of 2006 to 2010

rawoofkac

Sep 22, 2018
Hi all. I have got my transcripts from different universities by hand in a sealed envelope. Please advise whether I should send it to IQAS and WES from India and I can send from the place where I am residing. And if it's from INDIA, which address I have to write on the envelope for the FROM address. Has it to be UNIVERSITY address and my residence address. Thanks

unni567

Oct 6, 2018
What is this "Kindly reply asap"???

1. Distance education from SMU is valid.
2. I verified my MSc from IQAS as Masters. IQAS took 12 weeks.
3. There is no option on IQAS to mention part time or full time. Just send transcripts and they will evaluate.

Side note : if your question number 3 was for Express Entry application, then you will need to mention 2 year part time education.

Hi,

Can you please let me know which year you started and completed your degree? Also can you please let me know when you received your ECA?

Regards,
Unni..

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
do i need to select Full-time or Part-time for my MBA from SMU DE... IQAS evaluated it equaivalent to Canadian Masters...
but i am creating express entry profile and there entering education, it asks whether full-time or part-time?
is this distance education considered as full time or part time once evaluated by WES/IQAS?
bro my friend has done MBA from SMU Distance Ed, Does IQAD evaluate it?

sbamrah

May 24, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone know whether SMU is blacklisted in Canada for higher studies.I have met with different Visa consultants and both of them has said that SMU is blacklisted in CA,New Zealand and Australia so even if we get the degree evaluated the universities there wont accept students of SMU.
Please comment if you have any info.

Thanks

Aman10391

May 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I did BscIT from SMU in distance during 2010-2012. Can anyone tell me how can I apply for transcripts and is it eligible for ECA? I am worried about this. Looking forward to hearing from your side.

Reactions: PS_1983

JLachungpa

Jun 23, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just because SMU is not evaluated from WES. I am thinking to send my MCA to WES for evaluation. Do you think, I need to send my bachelors as well for same? I have done Bsc. IT from SMU and MCA from Madurai Kamaraj University.
As per WES website, you need to send your bachelors if you are sending documents for MA, MCOM or Msc. but they have not mentioned any thing for MCA.
Harsh, If you can please let me know what was your result as I can see your bachelors was from SMU and Masters from Amity which was recognized by them. In your evaluation, did they say Bachelors not evalauated and Master recognized or something else?
Seniors, Kindly help and throw some light on this.

Regards
Going through the same situation rt now. Could you please mention how you got your masters assessed and by which agency??

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hey , I am in the similar situation, BscIT from SMU DE and MCA from IP University. Will they assess just my MCA and give masters evaluation??
MCA is Masters in all ECA agencies

Reactions: JLachungpa