+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Significance of UCI number

drsatya

Jan 14, 2017
Hi Friends
I am in pool since October 2017 and updated CRS in FEB 2018 with improved IELTS score. My profile was without UCI number since OCT 2017 but today I have been alloted UCI number. What is its significance?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi Friends
I am in pool since October 2017 and updated CRS in FEB 2018 with improved IELTS score. My profile was without UCI number since OCT 2017 but today I have been alloted UCI number. What is its significance?
Assume that you submitted your PR application. UCI number is generally allocated when an applicant clears his/her medical exam. Alternatively, should the applicant had applied to CIC in the past, a UCI number may exist.

Reactions: drsatya

drsatya

Jan 14, 2017
Assume that you submitted your PR application. UCI number is generally allocated when an applicant clears his/her medical exam. Alternatively, should the applicant had applied to CIC in the past, a UCI number may exist.
Thanks for reply..but, neither I have cleared medical exams nor I have applied in past. I am a new applicant.

Reactions: joseph-uth

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thanks for reply..but, neither I have cleared medical exams nor I have applied in past. I am a new applicant.
Have you submitted your PR application? The UCI at times get allocated a day before the Medicals pass too.

drsatya

Jan 14, 2017
It seems they have allocated UCI number to everyone in the pool. This happened after their system update yesterday.
This I likely..though CIC website says if you are applying for first time you will not yet have a UCI.
Might be there is policy change..

What is a UCI?
UCI stands for “unique client identifier.” It is also known as a client identification number (client ID). It’s on official documents you get from us. It has either:

• four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)
If you are applying to us for the first time, you will not yet have a UCI. If you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to type “N/A,” leave the space blank.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi, i am a bit confused with the updated UCI. previously, i applied for visitor visa, which got approved last year. thus in my ee profile, i added my UCI from the visit visa. today when i saw the update, i saw that now there is new UCI which starts from CANxxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digits) but when you click on the Help under Personal Details --> Immigration History & Citizenships, it only says 8 or 10 numbers. so my questions are, which UCI will i use now, the 10 digit from my visitor visa application, or this CAN + 12 digit number from EE. I thought from previous research, uci will not change.

Thanks for all who will answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audarya

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i am a bit confused with the updated UCI. previously, i applied for visitor visa, which got approved last year. thus in my ee profile, i added my UCI from the visit visa. today when i saw the update, i saw that now there is new UCI which starts from CANxxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digits) but when you click on the Help under Personal Details --> Immigration History & Citizenships, it only says 8 or 10 numbers. so my questions are, which UCI will i use now, the 10 digit from my visitor visa application, or this CAN + 12 digit number from EE. I thought from previous research, uci will not change.

That's is not UCI or whole of it is not UCI. I can tell you UCI is 8 digits and it will be your PR number later on, which will be engraved into your pr card.

My guess is they introduced the new database schema, which require every user to have a unique identifier hence they give you this number. May be later they will link this number to another number. Just like how they link your old SIN to the new SIN.

Reactions: paigeparmy

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

LOL I had two UCIs, even when I declared the first one.

Reactions: paigeparmy

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi

I earlier applied for WP in Jan-2017 and got the approval mail quoting the UCI. I did not travel to Canada and did not get the actual WP document . Can I quote that UCI while creating my EE profile? Whether quoting this UCI will fetch me extra points?