+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Significance of UCI number

joseph-uth

Jul 18, 2017
Hi

I earlier applied for WP in Jan-2017 and got the approval mail quoting the UCI. I did not travel to Canada and did not get the actual WP document . Can I quote that UCI while creating my EE profile? Whether quoting this UCI will fetch me extra points?
I think ur work permit has got nothing to do with ur Express Entry profile and moreover they've started allocating new UCI for each application.....

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi, i am a bit confused with the updated UCI. previously, i applied for visitor visa, which got approved last year. thus in my ee profile, i added my UCI from the visit visa. today when i saw the update, i saw that now there is new UCI which starts from CANxxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digits) but when you click on the Help under Personal Details --> Immigration History & Citizenships, it only says 8 or 10 numbers. so my questions are, which UCI will i use now, the 10 digit from my visitor visa application, or this CAN + 12 digit number from EE. I thought from previous research, uci will not change.

Thanks for all who will answer.
Hello @paigeparmy . Did your UCI change from CANxxxx ? I see that my assigned UCI in EE(after passing Medicals) is the same as the UCI assigned to me when I had applied for a Canadian Visit Visa years back. This is surprising as I never entered the old UCI number anywhere in EE and am also using a new passport.

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi, i am a bit confused with the updated UCI. previously, i applied for visitor visa, which got approved last year. thus in my ee profile, i added my UCI from the visit visa. today when i saw the update, i saw that now there is new UCI which starts from CANxxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digits) but when you click on the Help under Personal Details --> Immigration History & Citizenships, it only says 8 or 10 numbers. so my questions are, which UCI will i use now, the 10 digit from my visitor visa application, or this CAN + 12 digit number from EE. I thought from previous research, uci will not change.

i am having the same concern. anyone can confirm if this will change after medical pass?

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello @paigeparmy . Did your UCI change from CANxxxx ? I see that my assigned UCI in EE(after passing Medicals) is the same as the UCI assigned to me when I had applied for a Canadian Visit Visa years back. This is surprising as I never entered the old UCI number anywhere in EE and am also using a new passport.
hi @ee_candidate did your UCI changed from CAN 0000 XXXX XXXX to digit only XXXX XXXX after passing the medical

anik2015

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW

I had also visited Canada before applying for PR but in my EE application left the UCI field blank as i was not sure whether the bottom right 8 digit number in my visitor visa is my UCI or not.
Can you please let us know whether your New UCI's last 8 digit matches with your old UCI which u got from your visitor visa?
I am at AOR stage and and received new UCI and medical is still pending.
Thanks in advance!

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
I had also visited Canada before applying for PR but in my EE application left the UCI field blank as i was not sure whether the bottom right 8 digit number in my visitor visa is my UCI or not.
Can you please let us know whether your New UCI's last 8 digit matches with your old UCI which u got from your visitor visa?
I am at AOR stage and and received new UCI and medical is still pending.
Thanks in advance!
no, it didnt match at all. it starts with CAD0000xxxxx (12 digits total). so i will probably just leave this blank.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

Farshad82

Oct 8, 2017
Hi,
I have a question regarding to UCI number. Currently I'm living in Canada with a work permit which I've got 3 years ago. I applied for PR recently and referred to my previous UCI number because I was thinking the UCI number shouldn't be changed. But after PR application submission, the UCI number changed. Does any one know about this or has the same experience?

saurabh23

Oct 14, 2018
Few month ago i applied for Visitor visa and got UCI number but my file was rejected and now I am applying for PR and again i got UCI number ..
My question is both UCI will different or both will be same

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few month ago i applied for Visitor visa and got UCI number but my file was rejected and now I am applying for PR and again i got UCI number ..
My question is both UCI will different or both will be same
Same

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Guys, use the regular UCI #, the new UCI# starting with CAN is just a temporary UCI created by system but after they do first eligibility oand completion check they update account to show your regular old UCI#.
UCI is your lifetime thing and will or should never change as that connects your whole history in system. There is a question in form if you already have UCI#, that is where you quote your old UCI#

Reactions: Antonychittilapilly

fragrancesoul

Dec 1, 2018
i applied for visitor visa for canada and my application was rejected and a refusal letter came with a UCI. i received an ITA so should i mention it in my EE profile under this question: "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
Moreover i forgot to mention it in my pre-ITA application. would that be a problem?