+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof for PR in Canada

aaronrod23

May 4, 2019
Hi,

My sister already has her PR card. I need to submit my Proof of Relative for my ITA. One question - do I have to mandatory show her address? Or will her PR card only suffice as proof?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My sister already has her PR card. I need to submit my Proof of Relative for my ITA. One question - do I have to mandatory show her address? Or will her PR card only suffice as proof?
Her PR card wont suffice. You must submit a document proving she is residing in Canada

Reactions: scylla

LilejTuff

May 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?
Hello Good people. Please advise on this. I am in the same situation (reverse). Thank you so much.

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
1. Is Driving Licence a vaild proof of residence for claiming points for siblings?

2. My sister is married and she doesn't have utility or any other kind of bills on her name that can be used as a proof of residence. What are the options that to provide proof of residence?

2. My father's name on mine and my sisters passport is different (my sister's passport has bhai mentioned behind my dads name and mine doesn't). But i have a affidavit to prove that both are the same person. Will that be an issue?

br_106

Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys,
My brother has PR and he has a bank account with his name and address of the place he stays at whenever he's in Canada.
Though he himself is not physically in Canada at the moment so, would I still be able to get the sibling points or would I need to wait for him to travel back to Canada before I can do that?

Reactions: fateh88

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
Hi guys,
My brother has PR and he has a bank account with his name and address of the place he stays at whenever he's in Canada.
Though he himself is not physically in Canada at the moment so, would I still be able to get the sibling points or would I need to wait for him to travel back to Canada before I can do that?
I am also in same situation please help seniors in this scenario.
Thanks

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
Your sibling must reside in Canada for you to claim those points.
Thanks for your reply.
Can I claim his points if he have a residential lease in Canada. Actually he works in Minnesota, US and makes frequent ups and downs to Canada.
His job is located in USA is there any possibility I can get his points? Currently I have CRS score of 433 if i get his points it would be 448 which I think is decent to apply for express entry.
Please help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.
Can I claim his points if he have a residential lease in Canada. Actually he works in Minnesota, US and makes frequent ups and downs to Canada.
His job is located in USA is there any possibility I can get his points? Currently I have CRS score of 433 if i get his points it would be 448 which I think is decent to apply for express entry.
Please help.
No. Claiming those points would be misrepresentation, do so at your own risk.

ji_902211

Aug 7, 2019
Hi rohan.budhiraja,
Can you provide clarification on your situation? You state you have a 'cousin sister' in Canada. If the person a cousin, or a sister? You can't claim the sibling points for a cousin, only for a biological/adopted/half/step brother or sister as outlined by IRCC.

If this person is in fact a biological/adopted/half/step sister of yours, you will need to provide the following:
  • Proof of Sibling’s PR/Citizenship Status: Scan of Birth Certificate or Passport Bio Page (if she's a citizen), or scan of back and front of PR Cards (if she's a permanent resident)

• Proof of your Sibling Relationship: Scans of both of your birth certificates (yours and your sibling's), both showing the name of a shared parent

• Proof of your Sibling’s Physical Residence in Canada: A rental agreement, utility bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them, bank account or credit card statements with your sibling’s Canadian address, and/or phone bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them. (It’s a good idea to submit more than one of these documents, so that the 2nd can corroborate the 1st, and they should ideally be dated within the last 6 months.)

I am having trouble getting the second document,

1. Place of birth in My sister's passport ( she is now a citizen of canada) is not matching with place in her birth certificate.

2. Permanent address mentioned in birth certificate of me and her are not matching.

3. father's and Mother's names are correct but without initial.

can i use this document as proof ? what all things they will check in this ?

KarenJ

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,
I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?

KarenJ

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,