+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof for PR in Canada

KarenJ

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,
I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?
Hi, please how did you resolve this?

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
my sister's PR card is expired , she is in canada and have a daughter who has canadian passport, will i get 15 points ?
Hi,

My sister's PR card also has expired and she has applied for renewal

Can you please help me out by explaining what documents u provided for sibling points ?

Spider-Man

Apr 30, 2018
Hi my knowledgeable friends. I have a peculiar situation. My wife and I got PR in 2018. Post that I have stayed here while she has gone back to our home country. We both have our PR CARDS. She made one more visit in July 2018. She intends to come for good in Sep 2020 (PR card remains valid) Somewhere last year my wife's sister started her application. All went well and we gave proof or this relationship by birth certificate and also proof of my wife being PR. Now IRCC has come back.asking residency proof and specifically mentioned utility bills or lease. We don't have that in my wife's name , though I have a rental lease for myself, and my wife's bank statement has same address. Can we use it

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi my knowledgeable friends. I have a peculiar situation. My wife and I got PR in 2018. Post that I have stayed here while she has gone back to our home country. We both have our PR CARDS. She made one more visit in July 2018. She intends to come for good in Sep 2020 (PR card remains valid) Somewhere last year my wife's sister started her application. All went well and we gave proof or this relationship by birth certificate and also proof of my wife being PR. Now IRCC has come back.asking residency proof and specifically mentioned utility bills or lease. We don't have that in my wife's name , though I have a rental lease for myself, and my wife's bank statement has same address. Can we use it
if your wife in not residing in Canada you cant use that, this will be misrepresentation.

Spider-Man

Apr 30, 2018
if your wife in not residing in Canada you cant use that, this will be misrepresentation.

If I see CIC they state the sibling should be PR or Citizen which my wife is. Did the rules change after this ? Refer below

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29

Also if the rules are now that person should be residing then what should we do? Should my sister in law tell IRCC that her sister no longer resides in Canada (though she did reside earlier and has valid PR card) ?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
If I see CIC they state the sibling should be PR or Citizen which my wife is. Did the rules change after this ? Refer below

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29

Also if the rules are now that person should be residing then what should we do? Should my sister in law tell IRCC that her sister no longer resides in Canada (though she did reside earlier and has valid PR card) ?
If points are enough without sibling points. Explain using LoE that your wife was here but decided to go back due to XYZ reasons. Better consult a lawyer.

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi,

My sister is a PR and i will be claiming points for siblings, but the name of my father on my passport and birth certificate is Rasiklal and on her its Rasikbhai, Will that be a problem?

Thankyou!

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
Hi Spider -Man,

I've been requested with additional evidence for my Sibling's residency in Canada. My brother in Toronto doesn't have a rental lease or utility bills as he is in a shared accommodation, with all bills under the owner's name. He however has bank statements with his current home address, payslips with the address and some make shift rent receipts. You think this will suffice. What did you do and how did it work for you?
I have to respond within a week with the additional info.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
1. Is Driving Licence a vaild proof of residence for claiming points for siblings?

2. My sister is married and she doesn't have utility or any other kind of bills on her name that can be used as a proof of residence. What are the options that to provide proof of residence?

2. My father's name on mine and my sisters passport is different (my sister's passport has bhai mentioned behind my dads name and mine doesn't). But i have a affidavit to prove that both are the same person. Will that be an issue?
Hi Dipen,

Any info about using a driving license as residency proof of your sibling?what did u do and did it work?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi,

My sister is a PR and i will be claiming points for siblings, but the name of my father on my passport and birth certificate is Rasiklal and on her its Rasikbhai, Will that be a problem?

Thankyou!
Just get one and same person affidavit from your father.

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
my sister's PR card is expired , she is in canada and have a daughter who has canadian passport, will i get 15 points ?
My sister also is in Canada, her PR card is expired. Can u please let me know what documents u submitted for the sibling points ?

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
Could you please confirm what you did?
Hi.
I put together his rental lease(available online), latest bank statements, phone bill, credit statement, pay slips, driving licence, medical card. Basically any sort of evidence of my sibling's current location as Toronto. It was accepted and I have got the PR too.