+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof for PR in Canada

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi All,
I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?
Could you please tell me how did you proceed? I’m so anxious. I don’t remember if I added my brother in my Pr file. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Eva3094

Sep 20, 2019
Hi guys, my mum and brother are PR holders in canada.My brother is not up to 18 so can I claim points from my mother for express entry?

Allyshab

Aug 21, 2020
I have a big issue
I added that I have a Canadian sibling which gave me 15 points. I got ita and now I see I have to show proof of relationship. the issue is me and my brother doesn’t have the same surname because of issues with my mom and dad and my dad name isn’t on my birth certificate. Me and my brothers live together but I don’t know how to prove relationship

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
I have a big issue
I added that I have a Canadian sibling which gave me 15 points. I got ita and now I see I have to show proof of relationship. the issue is me and my brother doesn’t have the same surname because of issues with my mom and dad and my dad name isn’t on my birth certificate. Me and my brothers live together but I don’t know how to prove relationship
Your sibling is an individual with whom you share even a single parent. If both of you have a document that has your mother's name on it, it would suffice like a birth certificate, passport, parents marriage certificate etc. In addition to this, also provide a letter of explanation to avoid ambiguity. The more evidence you provide, lesser the chance of suspicion. Good luck!

Allyshab

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah I know but we don’t have the same mom just same dad. But I don’t have my dads surname and he isn’t on my birth certificate because he was overseas the time of my birth

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
Yeah I know but we don’t have the same mom just same dad. But I don’t have my dads surname and he isn’t on my birth certificate because he was overseas the time of my birth
You could use your passport. Doesn't have to be birth certificate only. Your surnames could be dissimilar. you can declare saying that your father is one and the same person as mentioned in both your passports. I didnt use mine and my sibling's birth certificates either. Just passports!

aasiyaslam

Dec 4, 2019
it’s really complicate. our country passports don’t have parents name inside it
You could use your birth certificate with your mothers name and include your parent's marriage certificate which shows that your mother married your father. Include your brother's document that has your father's name on it and thus the common parent! Explain this in the letter of explanation. If CIC is not convinced they will ask you for additional information. Give this a shot. Good luck!

Joelgeorgec

Aug 21, 2017
hi, my name is Joel george chalakkal.my own sister lives in alberta and she is married. can i claim sibling score due to the fact that she is married?. if yes, I have one more doubt. if i submit her passport as the the proof of relationship, her and my mother's name on our passport is the same. but my father's name on my passport is 'George Joseph' while in her's is George Chalakkal Joseph'. Chalakkal is my last name. so will I encounter any problems because of our difference in father's name in passport?

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.