+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show financial support (Spousal sponsorship)

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello,
I am Canadian citizen and my wife is Indian citizen. We got married last month in India.
I am looking at providing supporting documents for:

[] Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.

She's currently in India, and I am back in Canada. After marriage we had opened a bank account where she's the mandate holder (she can operate account, deposit/withdraw cash).

She doesn't really need my support as she is working there, but for the purpose of supporting documents, how much should I put in that account. Is $500 CAD enough for now or more?

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,
I am Canadian citizen and my wife is Indian citizen. We got married last month in India.
I am looking at providing supporting documents for:

[] Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.

She's currently in India, and I am back in Canada. After marriage we had opened a bank account where she's the mandate holder (she can operate account, deposit/withdraw cash).

She doesn't really need my support as she is working there, but for the purpose of supporting documents, how much should I put in that account. Is $500 CAD enough for now or more?

Thanks
if you pay money into her bank account.....you need to include any document to prove your ongoing deposited money into her account as financial support to your spouse.

You could also transfer money to her through like western union transfer......then include the transfer document to show financial support to your spouse.

How much you put into her account or send to her depends on you and your financial situation.......don't think its about how much but rather document to show you and your spouse support yourself financially........this is my opinion anyway....

You could also include any document for an expense both spouses shared like jointly paying for a property for example.

Good Luck

Last edited:

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
I do not believe that you transferring $500 into her bank account once will be enough documentation, overall. Is this bank account hers, or joint between you two? If it’s a joint bank account, documentation of that account belonging to both of you would be useful.

But you should also include any bills you have paid for her (or together) and basically any shared expenses you have. This could be expenses for the wedding, plane tickets, phone bills, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don't need to deposit money in an account for her to use. Just explain that you both work and are self-sufficient.

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

just a quick one, is it better for my spouse whom i would be sponsoring to have her own account or will it be better if we have a joint account. And on a monthly basis i send money from my Canadian Bank account?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

just a quick one, is it better for my spouse whom i would be sponsoring to have her own account or will it be better if we have a joint account. And on a monthly basis i send money from my Canadian Bank account?
Doesn't matter.

Reactions: FReza