+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should we submit IELTS score report even if it's not explicitly asked for?

orionD

Oct 4, 2022
Is it mandatory to submit IELTS Score report along with other documents even though they do not explicitly ask for it in the documents checklist? I didn't submit mine. I saw a post where the guy got his PR rejected because he didn't upload his IELTS score report.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is it mandatory to submit IELTS Score report along with other documents even though they do not explicitly ask for it in the documents checklist? I didn't submit mine. I saw a post where the guy got his PR rejected because he didn't upload his IELTS score report.
What are you applying to? You are posting under Canadian Experience Class so for Express Entry it is mandatory.

orionD

Oct 4, 2022
What are you applying to? You are posting under Canadian Experience Class so for Express Entry it is mandatory.
I applied under CEC. After receiving ITA and while submitting documents, IELTS Scores are asked but they nowhere ask to upload a copy of IELTS score report. I'm asking about uploading the report.

Aspirant_s

Oct 4, 2022
I don't think IRCC ask for it.. They would get details directly from IELTS council using test report form number mentioned in the language details.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I applied under CEC. After receiving ITA and while submitting documents, IELTS Scores are asked but they nowhere ask to upload a copy of IELTS score report. I'm asking about uploading the report.
Upload it in the educational documents section along with your degree/certificates/marksheets, and WES report.

Aspirant_s

Oct 4, 2022
Point to keep in mind IRCC wouldn't use uploaded docs to figure out authenticity of these credentials. They would directly get those from IELTS and WES.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Ideally, yes. But there have been quite a few cases recently where applications have been rejected because WES report was not provided along with the application documents even though they have the WES reference number.

Point is why to take the risk which can be avoided by just uploading 2 additional pages worth of documents.

Reactions: orionD and Taran D

orionD

Oct 4, 2022
Thank you everyone for your response!
I created a web form and requested them to accept my IELTS score report.

I submitted my PR application on August 12, 2022 and received AOR on August 12, 2022 as well. I moved to a new address on Sept 1, 2022. I raised a webform for the change of address as well. It's been over a month since I did that and I still have not received an update for that one. I'm a bit concerned if they actually notify you about such amends. Also is there a way to see the changes in our PR profile, such as addition of a document and or address change?