+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should my Education degree match what's in the NOC code I am applying for?

minagoli

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone. I have a similar problem. I have chosen noc 2141 which requires bachelor of industrial engineering. I hold bachelors degree in electrical engineering and masters degree in industrial engineering. I wonder if not having a bachelor degree may cause some prolblems. Besides my work experience is after graduation in masters.
please help me

menkaff

Jul 5, 2019
Hi everyone

I have 7 years exprience in web development as a fullstack developer , and i have a bc in computer engineering , i fall in Noc 2175 although my education is close to Noc 2175 but diffrent.

please tell me my chance for applying.
any help appreciated.

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
I have exactly the same situation.

Any help?
I have similar query.
My friend is a Fashion Designer and she holds a degree under Commerce and also has completed her Post Graduate Diploma in HR. However she has doing her own clothing business under her brand name since 5 years from now. She falls under NOC 5243 but her qualification does not match with the education. Can she still apply under Express Entry? She has done Bangalore Fashion Week as well. Her portfolio is good enough.

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hi Romar,
Did you got the PR ?
Thought to ask you since I have similar query.
Hello All,
Similar Situation as you guys by mistake I posted on the wrong page.

NOC Information:

I have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree.

As I could not find the job for some time I started working as Legal Administrative Assistant (NOC 2142 B) in a law firm from July 2013 to July 2017. I have four years of experience now

As I was checking NOC - 1242 B under employment requirement below was stated.

Employment requirements:
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other programs for secretaries or legal secretaries is usually required.

Can I claim four years of work experience under this category, as I had an engineering degree (Four years) but did not do any law secretaries program/course?

Thank you,

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Hello All,
Similar Situation as you guys by mistake I posted on the wrong page.

NOC Information:

I have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree.

As I could not find the job for some time I started working as Legal Administrative Assistant (NOC 2142 B) in a law firm from July 2013 to July 2017. I have four years of experience now

As I was checking NOC - 1242 B under employment requirement below was stated.

Employment requirements:
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other programs for secretaries or legal secretaries is usually required.

Can I claim four years of work experience under this category, as I had an engineering degree (Four years) but did not do any law secretaries program/course?

Thank you,
Did you mean NOC 1242 both times? And someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but it should be fine to claim points for your experience even if doesn't match the degree as long as your duties match around 70-80% with what's mentioned under that NOC.

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Did you mean NOC 1242 both times? And someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but it should be fine to claim points for your experience even if doesn't match the degree as long as your duties match around 70-80% with what's mentioned under that NOC.
Yes, I mean 1242 B both times.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
AFAIK NOC is related to professional experience nothing related to degree..

bubbly_87

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I asked through email from SINP , they told me that;-

"Please note that you must meet the NOC requirements at mentioned on National Occupational Classification. Your work experience, education and intended occupation all need to relate to each other. You work experience will be verified based on the duties you performed in your selected occupation"