+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I take the risk? 43 days buffer to meet RO

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi,
I became PR on 6 September 2018, landed in this date and left canada on 11th September 2018.
Then stayed out continuously, covid added to the delays. Entered again on 9th June 2021and stayed until 10th July 2021.
I have stayed 38 days in total until now and have a buffer of 43 days before I get out of RO.
Should I take the risk and move to Canada and lose my EU residency?
Do you think 43 days is manageable? I need to go out of canada at least twice for 2 weeks I’m the next 2 years.
Thanks for your suggestions

Reactions: Jigneshkansara09

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I became PR on 6 September 2018, landed in this date and left canada on 11th September 2018.
Then stayed out continuously, covid added to the delays. Entered again on 9th June 2021and stayed until 10th July 2021.
I have stayed 38 days in total until now and have a buffer of 43 days before I get out of RO.
Should I take the risk and move to Canada and lose my EU residency?
Do you think 43 days is manageable? I need to go out of canada at least twice for 2 weeks I’m the next 2 years.
Thanks for your suggestions
That is a personal decision. Really depends on why you want to move to Canada, whether you have a good job in Europe, etc. If you already know you will need to travel for 4 weeks you are left with very minimal buffer. Will you need to travel for business or for family reasons?

Reactions: dpenabill

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Decision should based on your personal circumstances.
If I were you I would keep EU residency till there is zero day buffer and even consider a "slight" breach of RO trying to substantiate by means of covid context. So if you say "I need to go out of canada at least twice for 2 weeks I’m the next 2 years", from my standpoint at least, it would be a doable.
But again, that is your call.

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Decision should based on your personal circumstances.
If I were you I would keep EU residency till there is zero day buffer and even consider a "slight" breach of RO trying to substantiate by means of covid context. So if you say "I need to go out of canada at least twice for 2 weeks I’m the next 2 years", from my standpoint at least, it would be a doable.
But again, that is your call.
I have a good job in France but i do not feel like staying there too much anymore. I do not get the feeling of belonging-ness. Can i sponsor a spouse or invite my parents to Canada with such a little buffer? Some people have told me that I need to be in RO to send any other application.

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
I do not get the feeling of belonging-ness.
Unquote

Is that really the problem ? belonging-ness?
Then I suggest you make a favor to your self and think about it again.
Do not set yourself up for learning how things work the hard way...

Whatever your final choice is, it is respectable; and make the best out of it.

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
That is a personal decision. Really depends on why you want to move to Canada, whether you have a good job in Europe, etc. If you already know you will need to travel for 4 weeks you are left with very minimal buffer. Will you need to travel for business or for family reasons?
To get married

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I do not get the feeling of belonging-ness.
Unquote

Is that really the problem ? belonging-ness?
Then I suggest you make a favor to your self and think about it again.
Do not set yourself up for learning how things work the hard way...

Whatever your final choice is, it is respectable; and make the best out of it.
I know, I have been contemplating on that since a while.I have invested 5 years in france and I am only 2 years away from the french citizenship. Its just that france does not give the feeling of home. Rest all is good. I am still not sure whether it is a good idea to move on such short timelines.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a good job in France but i do not feel like staying there too much anymore. I do not get the feeling of belonging-ness. Can i sponsor a spouse or invite my parents to Canada with such a little buffer? Some people have told me that I need to be in RO to send any other application.
You need to be compliant with your RO to sponsor a spouse

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know, I have been contemplating on that since a while.I have invested 5 years in france and I am only 2 years away from the french citizenship. Its just that france does not give the feeling of home. Rest all is good. I am still not sure whether it is a good idea to move on such short timelines.
Have you ever lived in Canada? Without living in Canada it may not end up feeling like home either. Personal choice but looks like you need to make a decision quickly.

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Have you ever lived in Canada? Without living in Canada it may not end up feeling like home either. Personal choice but looks like you need to make a decision quickly.
I have lived in Canada for a month.
I am right now in Canada, I entered on 1st September. No questions asked at the border.