+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I submit application under old CEC?

qszhc123

Dec 9, 2014
Hi all!

I'm planning to submit my CEC application on Dec. 23rd. I started working from Dec. 17th last year, but I had a one-week unpaid vacation in May, so I guess I'm not qualified until 23rd.

After the fake news about cap being reached, have you guys heard that the number on CEC application webpage is actually the number of application that are already opened and that CIC staffs are already working on, rather than the number of application received by CIC. According to this unverified news, there are already nearly 10,000 applications received, and the number is updated as there are new applications being opened, therefore it doesn't make any sense to send more application in December, especially late December, which is my case.

How do you guys think about this and should I just give up the idea and try my best to prepare for CEC under EE?

Thanks a lot.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qszhc123 said:
Hi all!

I'm planning to submit my CEC application on Dec. 23rd. I started working from Dec. 17th last year, but I had a one-week unpaid vacation in May, so I guess I'm not qualified until 23rd.

After the fake news about cap being reached, have you guys heard that the number on CEC application webpage is actually the number of application that are already opened and that CIC staffs are already working on, rather than the number of application received by CIC. According to this unverified news, there are already nearly 10,000 applications received, and the number is updated as there are new applications being opened, therefore it doesn't make any sense to send more application in December, especially late December, which is my case.

How do you guys think about this and should I just give up the idea and try my best to prepare for CEC under EE?

Thanks a lot.

cap is not arrived, and I don't plan explain a lot . you can find answer by yourself in this forum.

but time is urgent ,

and please submit your application now .

don't wait EE.

you also can get this conclusion after you review lots of posts in this forum.

just submit it. EE is a bad system in short words.

qszhc123

Dec 9, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
cap is not arrived, and I don't plan explain a lot . you can find answer by yourself in this forum.

but time is urgent ,

and please submit your application now .

don't wait EE.

you also can get this conclusion after you review lots of posts in this forum.

just submit it. EE is a bad system in short words.
thanks! I agree, at least I should give it a shot. I doesn't hurt to submit my application.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
qszhc123 said:
thanks! I agree, at least I should give it a shot. I doesn't hurt to submit my application.
Just that you would have to pay the application fee of $550.

qszhc123

Dec 9, 2014
dastanmo said:
Just that you would have to pay the application fee of $550.
What seriously?
I think if the cap has been reached and CIC has to return my application back to me at that point, they won't cash the draft, will they?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qszhc123 said:
What seriously?
I think if the cap has been reached and CIC has to return my application back to me at that point, they won't cash the draft, will they?
Fees are refundable before you receive AOR. If they don't refund you, you might need to request for a refund.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
qszhc123 said:
It would be very difficult for CIC to count the number towards the cap (which includes counting the number of applications for each NOC B code) without opening the applications and inputting the applicant's information, now wouldn't it? It only makes sense the count displayed on the CIC website is for applications accepted for processing (resulting in AORs issued).

As described on an immigration lawyer's website, there are some 10,000 PR applications yet-to-be processed for intake at CIO-Sydney, and they will be processed in the order received. CIO-Sydney receives PR applications for all the economic classes (FSW, FST, and PNP in addition to CEC). So it is unknown how many of those are CEC applications.

If you want to apply before EE begins, you have no choice but to submit your application and hope for the best, understanding that is possible that your application will be returned to you in a couple few months if the cap is hit before your application can be put into processing.