+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i retake the ielts ? Please help

Mam1617

Dec 27, 2015
Good evening/morning
Im a graduate student trying to apply for Master of architecture program in UBC and UT
Now i got an overall score of 7
However both universities require 6.5 band in both R&W
And i got 6 in them!!

But the overall is 7 as they required
Well they still accept me ? its impossible to repeat it again because i will be missing the deadline

Please help a sista out im really worried about this

And another question ... the teaching system in my previous university ( the one i graduated from )was all in
english ..... does this help in anything ???

Thank u 4 ur time

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mam1617 said:
Good evening/morning
Im a graduate student trying to apply for Master of architecture program in UBC and UT
Now i got an overall score of 7
However both universities require 6.5 band in both R&W
And i got 6 in them!!

But the overall is 7 as they required
Well they still accept me ? its impossible to repeat it again because i will be missing the deadline

Please help a sista out im really worried about this

And another question ... the teaching system in my previous university ( the one i graduated from )was all in
english ..... does this help in anything ???

Thank u 4 ur time
1. Their requirements state that you require 6.5 in Reading and Writing and an OVERALL score of 7.0. So they won't admit you.
2. No it doesn't help.

rahul95

Jun 15, 2015
I m also applying to UBC for Masters in Mechanical engineering.According to Mechanical department of UBC IELTS test is required only if your primary language is not English. If you have done/doing your bachelors in English medium then you dont need any english proficiency test.

I dont know about department of architecture .Anyway mail your queries to your department and just cross check whether you require IELTS or not.