Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
That is so true! But for PNP it would be Ontario, how would I get a job offer from Ontario sitting in US?
PS: I live in NY and its super costly,.
Dont underestimate the PNP from other provinces. Even if you get PNP from other province, you can initially move there and complete the landing and then see how the jobs are and decide if you want to move to ON.

I am SK nominee and landed there(while i was in AZ). Later i got job in Detroit hence i moved to Windsor. Intially i was thinking that i had to choose particular PNP but later i got to know the rights of PR and decided to get some PNP.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello harirajmohan,

Can u please share your email id....I wanna discuss with u something regarding my case.....my email id is canadapr1982@gmail.com.
Please post here so that experts can reply. Everyone here anyway shares their partial personal situation. No one judges our situation as everyone has unique preferences, challenges and commitments. If not please send me personal message and i can reply.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Please post here so that experts can reply. Everyone here anyway shares their partial personal situation. No one judges our situation as everyone has unique preferences, challenges and commitments. If not please send me personal message and i can reply.
Sir, How can i personnel message u??

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Dont underestimate the PNP from other provinces. Even if you get PNP from other province, you can initially move there and complete the landing and then see how the jobs are and decide if you want to move to ON.

I am SK nominee and landed there(while i was in AZ). Later i got job in Detroit hence i moved to Windsor. Intially i was thinking that i had to choose particular PNP but later i got to know the rights of PR and decided to get some PNP.
Can you share more on this? I thought, PNP folks are obligated to live and work in that province until they get their citizenship.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
@harirajmohan
I read on some posts that initially you need to live in the province for minimum 2 years who provided PNP, and then justify the move to other provinces based on no job offers etc. else the authorities can take action, is this true ?
Ontario would be first choice but its going to be the toughest PNP to get too.
With SKNP, 100% sure even if they give PNP , won't get any job there, will have to move out of there , want to know if there are any PR or PNP rules to that situation

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
@harirajmohan
I read on some posts that initially you need to live in the province for minimum 2 years who provided PNP, and then justify the move to other provinces based on no job offers etc. else the authorities can take action, is this true ?
With SKNP, 100% sure even if they give PNP , won't get any job there, will have to move out of there , want to know if there are any PR or PNP rules to that situation
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art6.html

"(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:

1. to move to an take up residence in any province; and
  2. to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province."

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan
Yes some provinces now started asking commitment like any other companies who sponsor PR. But still provinces dont sue the people because if they cant get the job then what they can do to justify holding the candidates. And still PR has full rights and not yet modified to similar to AUstralia where they provide temporary PR to navigate these issues.

Till then i dont see any issue in moving out even when you sign.

See, i was thinking like this 100 times and wasted 10 years thinking pnp is useless. Later when i wanted to get PR then i was not even qualified in EE and realized that i made mistake. Later hunting for years while being outside Canada, nothing is materializing and frustration only increased due to US rules and no way to get my social security. So finally i could get the pnp and get some of these things sorted out.

First get the PNP(with signing the 2 years commitment). Second, finish the landing. Third, assess on what to do. Before having anything in hand, talking and delaying doesnt make sense(which is my experience).

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Yes some provinces now started asking commitment like any other companies who sponsor PR. But still provinces dont sue the people because if they cant get the job then what they can do to justify holding the candidates. And still PR has full rights and not yet modified to similar to AUstralia where they provide temporary PR to navigate these issues.

Till then i dont see any issue in moving out even when you sign.

See, i was thinking like this 100 times and wasted 10 years thinking pnp is useless. Later when i wanted to get PR then i was not even qualified in EE and realized that i made mistake. Later hunting for years while being outside Canada, nothing is materializing and frustration only increased due to US rules and no way to get my social security. So finally i could get the pnp and get some of these things sorted out.

First get the PNP(with signing the 2 years commitment). Second, finish the landing. Third, assess on what to do. Before having anything in hand, talking and delaying doesnt make sense(which is my experience).

Thanks for your response and insight!

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Ontario Human Capital streams doesn't need a job. However, they will have to invite you first based on your EE profile for you to even put in an application.

You might want to create a EE profile and hope for the best.
I'm actually confused regarding the process...
FIrst I create an Express Entry profile, how does Ontario invite me from this pool?
Once Ontario invites, will I need to then just apply for Ontario PNP or wait for ITA ?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I'm actually confused regarding the process...
FIrst I create an Express Entry profile, how does Ontario invite me from this pool?
Once Ontario invites, will I need to then just apply for Ontario PNP or wait for ITA ?
Create EE profile. It has an option to share you profile with provinces. You can either select all or the ones you are interested.
I'm assuming your score is less and that is why you are interested in PNP. So EE by itself will not give you an ITA.

From here on, interested province will email you their interest (also reflected in EE) to apply for their PNP. If i remember correctly, you can apply multiple but take only one (or something like that). In year 2017, Ontario seemed to be inviting folks with 400 points are more. However, there was a week where they invited ICT skilled folks even with score as low as 320s. If everything goes well, 600 points are added to your EE profile and that will ensure you will get an ITA in the next round.

Apart from this, you can check individual province website to see if you can apply directly. BC had an option if one had a job.

If you haven't started, get your lang scores and credentials evaluated and create a EE profile asap. To an extent, Ontario invitation is just luck.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Create EE profile. It has an option to share you profile with provinces. You can either select all or the ones you are interested.
I'm assuming your score is less and that is why you are interested in PNP. So EE by itself will not give you an ITA.

From here on, interested province will email you their interest (also reflected in EE) to apply for their PNP. If i remember correctly, you can apply multiple but take only one (or something like that). In year 2017, Ontario seemed to be inviting folks with 400 points are more. However, there was a week where they invited ICT skilled folks even with score as low as 320s. If everything goes well, 600 points are added to your EE profile and that will ensure you will get an ITA in the next round.

Apart from this, you can check individual province website to see if you can apply directly. BC had an option if one had a job.

If you haven't started, get your lang scores and credentials evaluated and create a EE profile asap. To an extent, Ontario invitation is just luck.
Ok, got it! Do I need to pay the 1500 CAD on getting the invite from Ontario?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Ok, got it! Do I need to pay the 1500 CAD on getting the invite from Ontario?
Yes, and they have their own application. For instance, they ask for Birth certificate where as EE does not. Besides, once you accept you will be given only 2 weeks or so to complete the application.

stat2pr

Feb 19, 2019
Yes, and they have their own application. For instance, they ask for Birth certificate where as EE does not. Besides, once you accept you will be given only 2 weeks or so to complete the application.
Thanks for your response!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017

Here is an occasional score drop for AINP.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/08/alberta-invites-471-express-entry-candidates-to-apply-for-provincial-nomination-in-latest-two-draws-0812597.html#gs.ug7kxp

Reactions: harirajmohan