+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I include expecting baby in Family members ?

J-A

May 11, 2017
Hi,

I have received invitation to apply in May 2017 and have to file application by August 15 2017.

Currently my wife is 2 months pregnant.

Should I include my baby in number of family members? And also show proof of funds for 3 family members instead of 2?

Please confirm.

Thanks

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
No, update CIC when baby is born asap. Right now you don't even know if it's a boy or girl :) Congrats!

Reactions: J-A

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi,

I have received invitation to apply in May 2017 and have to file application by August 15 2017.

Currently my wife is 2 months pregnant.

Should I include my baby in number of family members? And also show proof of funds for 3 family members instead of 2?

Please confirm.

Thanks
U need to inform CIC first and they wud suggest u the course of action. Post receiving your ITA u might have received the detailed process to fill ur eAPR and it will be mentioned in it that if there are any changes you need to inform CIC

good luck

J-A

May 11, 2017
No, update CIC when baby is born asap. Right now you don't even know if it's a boy or girl :) Congrats!
Thanks Houzi :)

U need to inform CIC first and they wud suggest u the course of action. Post receiving your ITA u might have received the detailed process to fill ur eAPR and it will be mentioned in it that if there are any changes you need to inform CIC

good luck
Thanks jackdawn

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I cannot disagree, nor agree with jackdawn :). Of course, better safe than sorry. At the same time baby technically doesn't exist yet, and is not member of the family from official point of view. You cannot get a birth certificate or provide baby passport to authorities before it's born :)

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
Nor can you get your wife's medicals done, which includes an X-ray, so technically you may not be able to submit the medical test results. I was in the same position and waited till the birth of my child-birth cert-passport-medicals, till then I kept declining ITAs.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
She will do it except X ray. Im not sure if Xray is done after baby is born ?. Check with clinic. After baby is born, he/she will need a medical as well.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
No need to decline ITA because of that! Even on this forum a lot of guys expecting baby procedeed with ITA and meds. Search forum for their stories.

Onayimi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Nor can you get your wife's medicals done, which includes an X-ray, so technically you may not be able to submit the medical test results. I was in the same position and waited till the birth of my child-birth cert-passport-medicals, till then I kept declining ITAs.
You can actually get the medicals done. Just inform the hospital and they'll give you a protective shield.

J-A

May 11, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks for pointing out this issue.
I just searched the forum and found out that X Ray can be done in case of pregnancy , by using an apron/protective shield provided by the Medical center, however, X ray is not recommended during pregnancy.
I will call our country's authorized medical center on Monday and will confirm from them about this too.
Furthermore, I am not sure how safe that apron option is too.

Members who have gone through such experience are requested to share their experience, specially those who opted for X ray using apron/protective shield.

J-A

May 11, 2017
I found the detail here : Panel members handbook : http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp#chap4.6.1

4.6.1 Pregnant client
If the client chooses to defer her CXR because of pregnancy:

eMedical-enabled Panel Clinics
  • CIC is informed electronically by eMedical when a CXR is deferred and the health case is put on hold when a client is pregnant and chooses to defer her CXR;
  • CXR requisition and instructions are generated by eMedical and provided to the client;
  • eMedical generates a “Pregnancy deferral letter” with instructions for the client;
  • All other components of the IME are completed and the IME is put on hold status until the CXR is completed;
  • The IME will be submitted to CIC along with the CXR results when available.
Paper-based Panel Clinics
  • The CXR requisition is completed by the panel physician and given to the client;
  • The IMM 5733 Instructions for Pregnant Client Letter is completed by the panel physician and given to the client;
  • The client may forward a copy of the IMM 5733 Instructions for Pregnant Client Letter to the visa office as proof that the IME has been started and that the CXR has been deferred because of pregnancy;
  • The panel physician may complete the IME, except for the CXR; and
  • The IME is only submitted once the post partum CXR is returned to the panel physician;
  • See sample of the IMM 5733 Instructions for Pregnant Client − X-Ray Deferred form in Appendix III.

AT_1

Aug 7, 2016
I was 2 months pregnant when I got the ITA. I have a family full of doctors- I consulted them all, waited for the second trimester to start- when the pregnancy is more stable and went ahead with x ray. The hospital and the x Ray technician made me sign a number of documents to state that am taking full responsibility for it.They just want to avoid getting into any trouble but scientifically and medically it is completely safe, once the lead apron is used for protection. I also met a few other ladies waiting in the que for x rays for immigration. They all had consulted their doctors and were told the same thing.
My suggestion- get all the other documents in place and keep the medicals- for all the family members as the last task. Get it done for your wife once she is well into second trimester atleast.

J-A

May 11, 2017
I was 2 months pregnant when I got the ITA. I have a family full of doctors- I consulted them all, waited for the second trimester to start- when the pregnancy is more stable and went ahead with x ray. The hospital and the x Ray technician made me sign a number of documents to state that am taking full responsibility for it.They just want to avoid getting into any trouble but scientifically and medically it is completely safe, once the lead apron is used for protection. I also met a few other ladies waiting in the que for x rays for immigration. They all had consulted their doctors and were told the same thing.
My suggestion- get all the other documents in place and keep the medicals- for all the family members as the last task. Get it done for your wife once she is well into second trimester atleast.
Thanks a lot AT_1, your post is really helpful.