+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I get the reference letter from old employer or new employer?

helloworldd

Nov 10, 2017
Hi guys, I work in a company for one year already and I'm going to apply PNP in NB. But now the owner of the company has sold the company, I'm still working here. And the new owner will change the company name later. So my question is when I write employer reference letter, who should sign the letter, the new owner or the old owner? Thanks a lot.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you for reply, so can the new owner prove my past work experience? And should I mention the changes of the company in my reference letter? Thx.
Dont confuse them with much information, if the new employer certify your work as well then no need at all. you are good to go.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Dont confuse them with much information, if the new employer certify your work as well then no need at all. you are good to go.
I mean, if the new employer also certifies the old work, means, you have started in 2015 and new employer came in 2015 and the new employer signs your reference letter since 2015, you are more than good. Hope this helps!

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
I mean, if the new employer also certifies the old work, means, you have started in 2015 and new employer came in 2015 and the new employer signs your reference letter since 2015, you are more than good. Hope this helps!

I mean, if the new employer also certifies the old work, means, you have started in 2015 and new employer came in 2016 and the new employer signs your reference letter since 2015, you are more than good. Hope this helps!

helloworldd

Nov 10, 2017
I mean, if the new employer also certifies the old work, means, you have started in 2015 and new employer came in 2016 and the new employer signs your reference letter since 2015, you are more than good. Hope this helps!
Got it. Thanks a lot man.

hops

Nov 1, 2017
Need your inputs. What if i have had 3 jobs? The 2nd one lasted for a few months. The first and the current hve lasted for more than 5 years. Can i just get reference letters for the first and current? Or am i required to get for the 2nd as well?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Need your inputs. What if i have had 3 jobs? The 2nd one lasted for a few months. The first and the current hve lasted for more than 5 years. Can i just get reference letters for the first and current? Or am i required to get for the 2nd as well?
2nd as well, because you have to fill the application with your past 10 years employment, where you have to mention your second employment details. If you are not mentioning any where, then you can skip for the period. If your 2nd work experience is in Canada, you must have to show with reference letter.

These things will not mention any where, but if the immigration officer finds out, you application time bumps more than 6 months to provide the references and it leads to misrepresentation as well.

hops

Nov 1, 2017
2nd as well, because you have to fill the application with your past 10 years employment, where you have to mention your second employment details. If you are not mentioning any where, then you can skip for the period. If your 2nd work experience is in Canada, you must have to show with reference letter.

These things will not mention any where, but if the immigration officer finds out, you application time bumps more than 6 months to provide the references and it leads to misrepresentation as well.
Thank you. What are the types of reference letters that are acceptable?