+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I contact a MP

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
My file was recieved at CIC on December 6th and since then I havent heard anything. I checked the GCMS notes and its under review since October 2013 due to the officer not being satisfied with the reference letter compared to NOC.

I emailed CIC yesterday asking an update since its been 13 months for my file and they said its in queue to be reviewed by officer.

Should I contact a MP and ask for help. I am worried as its been 4 months for the queue for review I dont want a rejection coming in after another 6 months of waiting...

Any suggestions ? would contacting an MP cause me problems or will that help in any way ?

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
i have the same issue . today i got my 2nd GCMS notes but the application is still there even after sending RCMP finger print reqquest. i guess we contact the local MP, it might help..
i applied in nov 2012 .. for me its almost 14 months.

frustrated99

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - Pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-05-2013, sent to unknown email, 2nd req 28-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2013, status to "meds recd" 14-11-2013
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet :-(
wasters said:
My file was recieved at CIC on December 6th and since then I havent heard anything. I checked the GCMS notes and its under review since October 2013 due to the officer not being satisfied with the reference letter compared to NOC.

I emailed CIC yesterday asking an update since its been 13 months for my file and they said its in queue to be reviewed by officer.

Should I contact a MP and ask for help. I am worried as its been 4 months for the queue for review I dont want a rejection coming in after another 6 months of waiting...

Any suggestions ? would contacting an MP cause me problems or will that help in any way ?
I have had my MP contact CIC twice already and am getting ready to have them call again if I don't hear anything by the end of the week... I have never heard of it causing any problems having the MP inquire on your behalf, but you may just get the same information that you got in the e-mail. My thought though is that a call from your MP might prompt someone at CIC to bring your file forward since it has been in queue for so long...

Btw, are you saying you got a response back on your e-mail within 24 hours? That's great! Too bad they don't process things that quickly! Good Luck!

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
hmmm
no i meant i applied GCMS noted for the second time but it still had the same thing
eligiblity and criminalty - in prograss
medical and security - not started

swalsh19

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC4212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10- 2012
AOR Received.
09-12-2012
Med's Request
21-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
I'm in same boat here. Seems our month is a crappy one. I emailed my MP but didnt hear anything back.

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
Yes, you should contact your MP.
I was in a similar situation last year. My application was in process for 19 months and all I'd gotten was AOR.
I called up my MP's office and got an appointment. On my appointment day, I met MP's staff member who called up CPP Ottawa office. The immigration officer from CPP Ottawa said that they were about to check my application that day. That was funny, I am not sure if the immigration officer was speaking the truth or was just making an excuse. Anyways, they did start looking into my application almost the same day and I got a Bio Data and RPRF request in another two days. A week later I got my MR and I got my medicals done within 10 days. A week later I got my PP request. I had my PR visa in hand in little more than a month's time after my visit to MP's office.

I honestly believe that I shouldn't have waited for 19 months and should have gone to MP's office as soon as my application crossed the average processing time i.e. 13 months (it might be different now). Going to MP's office was the single best thing I did because I seriously doubt if immigration officer meant it when she said that they were planning to look into my application the same day that I went to the MP's office. They probably wouldn't have cared for some more time and I would have been just waiting and waiting.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
MP? As in member of parliament? Do they really intercede in permanent residence applications? Would it make any difference?

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
I'm thinking of contacting the local MP too. My application has crossed 13 months but still haven't got the PPR. It has been more than 2 months since my medical results were submitted and exactly one month since my ECAS status changed as Decision Made. My friends who applied after me have already landed.

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
LPS said:
MP? As in member of parliament? Do they really intercede in permanent residence applications? Would it make any difference?
Yes, if your application has crossed the average processing time mentioned on CIC website, you can contact the Member of Parliament.
It did make a difference in my case (could be a co-incidence), can't say if that works all the time.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I see. That's nice of them considering we can't vote yet... :D

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
Hi guys , i called the MP and they have sent me
Consent form.I am gonna drop that tomorrow.
So does anyone know how long will they take
And are they gonna email or phone them..
Its almost 14 months since i applied
On my GCMS notes they have a due date.
What does due date means ?

frustrated99

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - Pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
nptfdo said:
Yes, you should contact your MP.
I was in a similar situation last year. My application was in process for 19 months and all I'd gotten was AOR.
I called up my MP's office and got an appointment. On my appointment day, I met MP's staff member who called up CPP Ottawa office. The immigration officer from CPP Ottawa said that they were about to check my application that day. That was funny, I am not sure if the immigration officer was speaking the truth or was just making an excuse. Anyways, they did start looking into my application almost the same day and I got a Bio Data and RPRF request in another two days. A week later I got my MR and I got my medicals done within 10 ooodays. A week later I got my PP request. I had my PR visa in hand in little more than a month's time after my visit to MP's office.

I honestly believe that I shouldn't have waited for 19 months and should have gone to MP's office as soon as my application crossed the average processing time i.e. 13 months (it might be different now). Going to MP's office was the single best thing I did because I seriously doubt if immigration officer meant it when she said that they were planning to look into my application the same day that I went to the MP's office. They probably wouldn't have cared for some more time and I would have been just waiting and waiting.
Its hard to know what to do... I got an e-mail reply today from CIC that basically said "were working on it, dont contact us again" LOL
Glad to hear that contacting your MP made such a difference, I'm going to have mine call again next week too, even ithey are tired of hearing from me... i am tired of waiting LOL

frustrated99

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - Pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
LPS said:
My MP's office told me they will not "influence the Immigration process"... What they can do however, is get an Immediate answer to "what is the status of the application" and they often get far more details than we get in the canned e-mail responses from CIC>>>
i think it is beneficial to use the MP's, it certainly doesn't hurt, and I think it possibly gives a boost to getting applications looked at when they've been stagnant too long...
Good Luck ;D

frustrated99

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - Pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
richi jolly said:
Hi guys , i called the MP and they have sent me
Consent form.I am gonna drop that tomorrow.
So does anyone know how long will they take
And are they gonna email or phone them..
On my GCMS notes they have a due date.
What does due date means ?
My MP's office phones CIC and gets back to me the same day...
As far as I know the due date is the date the VO is supposed to review the file again by...

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
frustrated99 said:
My MP's office phones CIC and gets back to me the same day...
As far as I know the due date is the date the VO is supposed to review the file again by...
Thanks my file has application assignment due date of 15-Jan-2014.

From GCMS I see my file has been recently dealt by MP03299 but he has assigned the file to RC-9515 after creating the Counterfoil and COPR, is anybody else dealing with same VOs? Also from my GCMS I see Counterfoil and COPR has been created on 04-Dec-2013 itself and is in print queue, I wonder what prevents them from sending it to me.