+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I contact a MP

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Okay can anyone tell me how long does it take an MP office to get back to you ? I contacted my local MP and they sent me consent form which i signed and sent back.

This was on the 8th ... from then i called twice and the lady incharge doesnt call back nor has emailed me :/ what is the general processing time ? so much for getting answers through an MP.

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
Even i sent them constent form and later
I called there.but the person who deals with it
Is on sick leave .. So no idea .but within
4-7 business days its just a guess

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Rich Jolly I really hope we get something soon.. I havent even got a rcmp request absolutely NOTHING !! can't sleep at night !! :'(

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
richi jolly said:
Hi all .. Ive talked to the MPs assistant
N she email CIC today ..
How long will take for them to reply back..
I had got a reply from the MP they told me my review date was set to Jan 20th ... this was a week ago... so technically i should have heard something.. but havent :(

She also mentioned they can check only once a month.. so if i dont hear anything till feburary 15th i will ask her to check again...

:(

Let me know what ur MP says seems like our files are in the same queue since October. It took a week for my MP to get back to me.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
I gave request to my MP office on friday and they got back to me the following tuesday. To me this was really helpful, it's only thro them I got to know my PR is approved and PPR was sent to me more than a month ago as I did not get the email. Based on MP office confirmation I sent back to back emails to CIC and bam I got the PPR email the next day.

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
richi jolly said:
Mine due date was jan 20 but no reply yet
Lets see what MP says
Okay now im confirmed we are in the same queue. Im sure when u hear something back from CIC i will hear back in a few days or vice versa....

Do keep me posted on what ur MP says.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Yes, you should contact your MP.
I was in a similar situation last year. My application was in process for 19 months and all I'd gotten was AOR.
I called up my MP's office and got an appointment. On my appointment day, I met MP's staff member who called up CPP Ottawa office. The immigration officer from CPP Ottawa said that they were about to check my application that day. That was funny, I am not sure if the immigration officer was speaking the truth or was just making an excuse. Anyways, they did start looking into my application almost the same day and I got a Bio Data and RPRF request in another two days. A week later I got my MR and I got my medicals done within 10 days. A week later I got my PP request. I had my PR visa in hand in little more than a month's time after my visit to MP's office.

I honestly believe that I shouldn't have waited for 19 months and should have gone to MP's office as soon as my application crossed the average processing time i.e. 13 months (it might be different now). Going to MP's office was the single best thing I did because I seriously doubt if immigration officer meant it when she said that they were planning to look into my application the same day that I went to the MP's office. They probably wouldn't have cared for some more time and I would have been just waiting and waiting.

Hey how to contact MP? is there any website to find our local MP??