+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I choose OINP Nomination OR Apply for Permanent Residency for which I got the ITA?

montaleast13

Jul 2, 2017
Hello,

I made my Express Entry profile in February 2017. Applied for OINP in March 2017. Received an ITA for permanent residency in May 2017. And now i have been contacted by OINP that they want to give me the nomination but my account shows ‘no longer available for nomination’ status in the Express Entry system.

I want to know that what is the better option. Should I accept the OINP nomination (by declining the ITA) or decline it while continuing to apply for permanent residency?

Thanks in advance for all the help and guidance.

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Hello,

I made my Express Entry profile in February 2017. Applied for OINP in March 2017. Received an ITA for permanent residency in May 2017. And now i have been contacted by OINP that they want to give me the nomination but my account shows ‘no longer available for nomination’ status in the Express Entry system.

I want to know that what is the better option. Should I accept the OINP nomination (by declining the ITA) or decline it while continuing to apply for permanent residency?

If I would be you, I would continue with the PR.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello,

Your decision should be based on your needs and circumstances - a lot of people in your shoes would decline OINP and proceed with ITA because for them the whole purpose of applying to Ontario was to get an ITA eventually.

But a lot of people on this forum have proceeded with their OINP after declining their ITAs for various reasons:

1. They really want to live and work in Ontario and having a nomination from the province would help them in their goals.
2. Profiles that have provincial nominations get processed faster during the PR application as compared to profiles with direct ITA.
3. The additional 600 points from a provincial nomination protects people with lower points against any fluctuation in their CRS.

Good luck. Hope you make the right decision.