+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I bother ?

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
just wondering weather it is even worth checking on the cic website for status updates ? my app was sent on may 12th ... first stage approved and received outland on 22nd june ... I know the processing times from looking at the website and am thankful I am not going through Nairobi as that seems to be the longest processing time of all .... It just seems that some people going through London are processed amazingly quickly .... I am being processed through Sydney , Australia btw ... I just think its hard waiting with no updates from the visa office ... when will I have an answer ?

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC web site isn't the greatest when it comes to updates from the abroad Visa offices. My husband's application is being processed in London and e-cas has never put any updates since the date of my husband's interview.

As for the processing times that are listed on the web site, those are only averages, and trust me, it sometimes takes much longer for the process to finish than the stated average time. My husband and I have been waiting for 8 months now since his application arrived in London and the status of the application on e-cas still says "in process."

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Given that the processing time for Sydney is on average 3-9 months there is probably no point in checking so often now. They typically don't update anything until they've made or are ready to make a decision anyway and often you will get a letter/your visa before ecas is even updated. That's what happened in our case anyway. Besides, haven't you already asked this question at least once before: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/in-process-in-processs-t23046.0.html;msg122147#msg122147 The answer hasn't changed from the last time.

Not sure about other visa offices, but I found the processing times listed for the New Delhi office to be very accurate.