+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for visitor visa between two work permit?

ttlens

Apr 24, 2018
Hi guys,

Currently I'm having a work permit which will be expired soon.

And I've got an another job, so still waiting for documents for my new work permit.

But I'm afraid I can't get those documents until my previous work permit's expiration date.

So in this case, you guys think should I apply for visitor visa for the gap between two work permit?

Or I can stay in Canada betweend them.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

Currently I'm having a work permit which will be expired soon.

And I've got an another job, so still waiting for documents for my new work permit.

But I'm afraid I can't get those documents until my previous work permit's expiration date.

So in this case, you guys think should I apply for visitor visa for the gap between two work permit?

Or I can stay in Canada betweend them.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

If you don't apply to extend your status, you will be in Canada illegally when your current work permit expires, so yes, apply to change your status to visitor.

ttlens

Apr 24, 2018
Hi

If you don't apply to extend your status, you will be in Canada illegally when your current work permit expires, so yes, apply to change your status to visitor.
Thanks for the reply.

However, even though I already applied for new work permit(I have proofs of that), Am I not in implied status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply.

However, even though I already applied for new work permit(I have proofs of that), Am I not in implied status?
Your post said you were waiting on documents for your new work permit. Did you already submit the app without the necessary documents?

ttlens

Apr 24, 2018
Your post said you were waiting on documents for your new work permit. Did you already submit the app without the necessary documents?
Oh, sorry for confusing. I meant I'm waiting for LMIA and CSQ which are already applied by my new company. If I get that documents I will go to boarder to get a new work permit. I don't get that yet. So in this case, am I in implied status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh, sorry for confusing. I meant I'm waiting for LMIA and CSQ which are already applied by my new company. If I get that documents I will go to boarder to get a new work permit. I don't get that yet. So in this case, am I in implied status?
Still confused. Have you actually applied for another work permit?

ttlens

Apr 24, 2018
Still confused. Have you actually applied for another work permit?
OK, I'll explain again.

I'm here in Canada for now. I was working in previous company.
Before end date of contract, I've got a job offer from another company.
So I accepted it then the new company submitted some documents for LMIA and CSQ on behalf of me.

They don't get any result of that documents yet.

But you know, for work permit, I need to go to boarder and show those documents like LMIA and CSQ(in Montreal) then get work permit in the border.

So I'm asking that I don't have work permit yet, but I have proofs that my new company have applied for it already then my status is in implied or not.

Is it clear? Sorry for my bad english.