+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I appear for G or G2 road test?

heck_i_am

Jan 3, 2022
Sure you can call to confirm. But calling service ontario won't help you (I've worked for them previously). You need to contact drivetest.ca
Thank you, that was very helpful. I will contact drivetest.ca, and possibly leave a note for Ontario.ca to urge them correct (or clarify) the wording on their website.

heck_i_am

Jan 3, 2022
Basically according to Ontario.ca website G2 roadtest refers to full license test (G roadtest which includes highway testing). So basically if you have 2 years of experience + your foreign license, you will be eligible to go for your full license test which is G road test according to drivetest.ca

I know its confusing because ontario.ca and drivetest.ca use different terms. According to ontario.ca if you pass your G1 roadtest, you get a G2 driving licence, while if you pass a G2 road test, you get a full G class license.
To inform other who might stumble on this thread, as @Khabz mentions, there is a problem in terms of naming the test. What Ontario web site means by the terms G1 and G2 driving tests are actually G1-exit and G2-exit driving tests, and they are referred to as G2 and G driving tests, respectively, on the DriveTest web site and procedures. So do be careful. What Ontario means as a G1 test is a G1-exit test which corresponds to G2 (or G2-entry test) for DriveTest.

Reactions: armoured