+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shoul I include my Master’s Degree? Help please?

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
I am currently in Canada in a work permit and was a student prior to that.
I never mentioned my Masters degree (which I hold from my home country) in my applications for Student and Work Permit, just the Bachelor one.
If I include it in Express entry now, would this be considered misrepresentation? Would I be rejected? Because technically in all other applications I indicated that my highest level of education was Bachelor Degree..

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Well, iam going to point it out from a non experienced point of view.
I dont think its a misrepresentation because
1- In the beginning you didnt have any use for it, i.e it didnt give you an edge in either of your applications to the work permit or the student visa
2- It helps increasing your points to get the ITA so you have decided using it.
I dont think this is a problem that a simple explanation in the LOE wouldnt solve, specially that the degree will have its ECA and recognized by Canada
This is from my point of view

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
I am currently in Canada in a work permit and was a student prior to that.
I never mentioned my Masters degree (which I hold from my home country) in my applications for Student and Work Permit, just the Bachelor one.
If I include it in Express entry now, would this be considered misrepresentation? Would I be rejected? Because technically in all other applications I indicated that my highest level of education was Bachelor Degree..
You can update anytime your EEP until you get invitation. So yes, you can include since you haven't received yet ITA and this will boost your CRS but I think you need also ECA if you're claiming points for your Masters.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
You can update anytime your EEP until you get invitation. So yes, you can include since you haven't received yet ITA and this will boost your CRS but I think you need also ECA if you're claiming points for your Masters.
Thanks! The issue is not about updating the profile. The problem is that for prior visas and permits to Canada I always indicated Bachelor as my highest level of education (although I had Master’s as well). Now if I add Masters all of a sudden, won’t CIC question me why I never mentioned it before?