Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to do short landing from US and I've some questions. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

I'm was in US on work visa and had to come back for submitting pps. Now that I got my pps back, my employer wants me to travel back to complete my assignment. So, I'm planning to do short landing from US. I'm planning to go and stay in Canada for 3-4 weeks and apply PR card in urgency. I checked on the CIC website that I can request PR card in urgency if stay is greater than 3 weeks. Then I'll go back to US and stay for 6mth-1yr and then permanently move to Canada. I'll leave my spouse in Canada and she will look for a job and I'll move when possible.

My question is it possible? Has anyone done like this?
PR Card: In case they are not able to send my PR card in 4 weeks. Can it cause any kind of problem? Is there any chance that they call again for something like signature, photos or any other reason? My wife will stay back so she can bring my PR card to me. But since it is a single entry visa I'm a little worried.
Is it possible to enter Canada from US without the PR card? Checking the CIC website it seems we can enter Canada based on COPR record if we enter in our private vehicle. Although, meaning of private vehicle is not very clear. should the vehicle be in my name etc. has anyone done this?

Settling 6mth-1yr after landing: I'm planning to permanently move after 6mth-1yr of landing. Can it cause any kind of problems? I don't want to loose PR for 1yr stay in US.

thanks. Can