+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short landing but won't go to the nominating province, will there be any issue?

kubuqi

Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Nova Scotia nominee. I am planning my first landing this winter before my medical result expires. My intention is to have a short stay and get my documentations done, and I would go back my country.

However, given the winter weather in Halifax and the fact that I am only intended for a short stay, can I just land in Vancouver without even go to Nova Scotia? This would be much easier for us, give the warmer condition in Vancouver, as well as the shorter/cheaper trip.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have got pr from nova scotia it is better at least land over there. immigration may b ask you about your final destination and
if you havent strong proof they might give you some hard time by questioning. better just land there and go anywhere then.
you can still take some more opinion in this forum before taking step.

sophiathefirst

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2015
Nomination.....
12-2014
AOR Received.
10-05-2015 10-06-2015 (UCI)
Med's Request
16-07-2015 (MR, PCC, RPRF)
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 1Oct'15 PPR: 2Oct'15 Forwarded to CVAC SG 5Oct'15
VISA ISSUED...
14 Oct'15
I agree with delta304. Your planned move will surely be questioned by the for immigration officer and for all you know may put your PR status at risk.. Also, in the COPR doc. it is stated there by visa office the province you were nominated, as you are not FSW, better land in the province stated in your COPR. This is the difference between PNP nominated and FSW, FSW have the option to choose any location in canada they want to stay but for PNP, you need to choose the one who nominated you even if it is only for short landing.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
kubuqi said:
I am a Nova Scotia nominee. I am planning my first landing this winter before my medical result expires. My intention is to have a short stay and get my documentations done, and I would go back my country.

However, given the winter weather in Halifax and the fact that I am only intended for a short stay, can I just land in Vancouver without even go to Nova Scotia? This would be much easier for us, give the warmer condition in Vancouver, as well as the shorter/cheaper trip.
My advise to you is to be careful and think this through. PNP nominees must show intention to settle in their nominating province and this must be proven on landing. If you can't prove that you've made arrangements to go to Nova Scotia or have intention to establish yourself there when you enter Canada from Vancouver, the Immigration Officer may deny your entry into the country for having reasons to believe that you are violating the conditions of your nomination, and you won't be able to complete the landing.

I know of a guy that lived in NB but later moved to SK while the sponsorship for his family was still in process. Note that they filed through New Brunswick's PNP. While doing her landing his wife (who is the principal applicant) and children were refused entry because they were nominated by New Brunswick, but since they intended to go directly to SK and couldn't prove to the Officer that they had intention to settle in NB, they were unfortunately denied entry. I am not sure what happened to their immigrant visas but I know that for a while their dream ended in disappointment because the wife and kids were sent on a flight back to their home country. Be mindful that the immigrant visa is a single entry visa..... ::)

sophiathefirst

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2015
Nomination.....
12-2014
AOR Received.
10-05-2015 10-06-2015 (UCI)
Med's Request
16-07-2015 (MR, PCC, RPRF)
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 1Oct'15 PPR: 2Oct'15 Forwarded to CVAC SG 5Oct'15
VISA ISSUED...
14 Oct'15
mapleback said:
My advise to you is to be careful and think this through. PNP nominees must show intention to settle in their nominating province and this must be proven on landing. If you can't prove that you've made arrangements to go to Nova Scotia or have intention to establish yourself there when you enter Canada from Vancouver, the Immigration Officer may deny your entry into the country for having reasons to believe that you are violating the conditions of your nomination, and you won't be able to complete the landing.

I know of a guy that lived in NB but later moved to SK while the sponsorship for his family was still in process. Note that they filed through New Brunswick's PNP. While doing her landing his wife (who is the principal applicant) and children were refused entry because they were nominated by New Brunswick, but since they intended to go directly to SK and couldn't prove to the Officer that they had intention to settle in NB, they were unfortunately denied entry. I am not sure what happened to their immigrant visas but I know that for
a while their dream ended in disappointment because the wife and kids were sent on a flight back to their home country. Be mindful that the immigrant visa is a single entry visa..... ::)
well said..

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Definitely, immigration officer has the authority to yank the PR, if he's not convinced that you intend to settle in the nominating province.
Reference - http://meurrensonimmigration.com/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/