+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short hearing postponed 10 days before :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There has clearly been a change in procedure to try to deal with backlog where less complex cases are being reviewed at the last minute to see if approval without hearing is possible.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
2021 September - arrived Canada
2022 April-Claimed
2022 August-less complex case letter
2022 November-short hearing notification( February 2023)
2023 January-hearing postponed and same day approved without hearing

Thank you
Congrats
When did you get your notice of decision? and how was your second email about approval? who(lawyer or irb) did send you this email?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Congrats
When did you get your notice of decision? and how was your second email about approval? who(lawyer or irb) did send you this email?
Thank you. I got my NOD in a week. My lawyer sent to me the second email about approval. It was NOD. But without signature.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Thank you. I got my NOD in a week. My lawyer sent to me the second email about approval. It was NOD. But without signature.
i received similar email from lawyer he says irb will approve you without a hearing and they will send notice of decision in july with post but he did not send me any decisions without signature like your case.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
i received similar email from lawyer he says irb will approve you without a hearing and they will send notice of decision in july with post but he did not send me any decisions without signature like your case.
Same thing happens to my friend like you. For me in the morning they postponed it but evening another email I got approved.
For my friend they postponed. No decision for a few weeks. And he got decision mailed. Not email.

Reactions: moref1988

JayCool90

Apr 28, 2023
mine postpond and have it in a month, my friends pospond twice and in 5 month his case l accepted without hearing, both was less complex and short hearings.
Question please: What type of proof did you submit with your application ? My passport was seized last week and I am still waiting for referral to IRB.

nuhabkhan

Jun 10, 2023
I think it also depends on your country and the reason why you are claiming. I am from Turkey and I did my claim because of my sexual orientation. For us it's really fast. I saw many case.
Oh damn yeah that could be a reason. Well the reason and the country I am applying for is world famous for its oppression. lets see. But do you know how do they select less complex cases?