+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short hearing postponed 10 days before :(

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys!
There was going to be my short hearing 3rd February but this morning I got email from my lawyer says that my hearing postponed. I saw the letter and there is no specific reason.
My case was less complex case.
Hearing scheduled for short hearing.
Did anyone experience this situation before? Thank you.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Yes my hearing was postponed twice. Don’t be alarmed it happens quite often. I know how it feels. They might even give you a decision without hearing if your case is less complex. MIGHT I’m not guaranteeing anything.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Thank you!!!
Was your case less complex too?
From what I’ve seen, less complex is usually a good sign but no one here can guarantee anything. Ultimately it is the members decision. Mine was not less complex but on the day of my hearing the member said it will be a short hearing. I got a positive decision on the table. The member was a lady and she was super nice to me ❤

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
From what I’ve seen, less complex is usually a good sign but no one here can guarantee anything. Ultimately it is the members decision. Mine was not less complex but on the day of my hearing the member said it will be a short hearing. I got a positive decision on the table. The member was a lady and she was super nice to me ❤
Thanks for the information

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
congratulations

Happy for you
I connect to such a Grace
Can you share you’re timeline please
2021 September - arrived Canada
2022 April-Claimed
2022 August-less complex case letter
2022 November-short hearing notification( February 2023)
2023 January-hearing postponed and same day approved without hearing

Thank you

Reactions: Chimurenga 4