She got a solid job offer and LMIA but they refused the work permit

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

I'm sharing our case because this forum has been very helpful for us and have given us a lot of guidance, and maybe others can shed more light on this situation, or even help others in the same situation.

My wife got a job offer and the company achieved the LMIA for her. She also obtained a license that is required to work in the field that she wil be working in. After that, we proceeded to apply for a working permit for her, an open-work permit for me and a visitor visa for our 1-year old baby. We provided ALL the supporting documents required to complete the applications and the three of them were denied.

These were the simplified versions of the reasons:

WORKING PERMIT
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied you meet the language requirements for the proposed employment.

OPEN-WORK PERMIT
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

VISITOR
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Today I requested the GCMS and as soon as they arrive I'll share it here so others can learn for the mistakes we made.

PS: They didn't ask for proof of funds or ielts test results.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys!

I'm sharing our case because this forum has been very helpful for us and have given us a lot of guidance, and maybe others can shed more light on this situation, or even help others in the same situation.

My wife got a job offer and the company achieved the LMIA for her. She also obtained a license that is required to work in the field that she wil be working in. After that, we proceeded to apply for a working permit for her, an open-work permit for me and a visitor visa for our 1-year old baby. We provided ALL the supporting documents required to complete the applications and the three of them were denied.

WORKING PERMIT
  • I am not satisfied you meet the language requirements for the proposed employment.

OPEN-WORK PERMIT

VISITOR
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Today I requested the GCMS and as soon as they arrive I'll share it here so others can learn for the mistakes we made.

It's very hard to answer your question without knowing your complete profiles and what you submitted with your application.

However based on the refusal reason, it looks like IRCC has concerns that you are planning on remaining in Canada long term (i.e. see this as a permanent move) - rather than temporary.

Reactions: ange1uis

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
It's very hard to answer your question without knowing your complete profiles and what you submitted with your application.

However based on the refusal reason, it looks like IRCC has concerns that you are planning on remaining in Canada long term (i.e. see this as a permanent move) - rather than temporary.
Hi Scylla, once I got the notes I'll add more information to the original post. I'm using this tread to document all the steps before we apply again.

To be honest that the real goal, but the employer suggested that we try the working permit because it would be quicker than the EE, and then we withdrew the EE profile to use that route, but now with this refusal I'm rethinking the EE way again. After we got the notes, we are going to see a layer to gain more clarification about which way is really the best chance.

Reactions: Bellabeau

Bellabeau

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi Scylla, once I got the notes I'll add more information to the original post. I'm using this tread to document all the steps before we apply again.

To be honest that the real goal, but the employer suggested that we try the working permit because it would be quicker than the EE, and then we withdrew the EE profile to use that route, but now with this refusal I'm rethinking the EE way again. After we got the notes, we are going to see a layer to gain more clarification about which way is really the best chance.
Hi,
We have the same situation and kind of worried.Our Employer applied last end of August a WP+LMIA,SOWP for my wife and student and trv for my daughters.
Im sorry in your case that IRCC doesnt have any consideration to request something from you even if you have missed some of your documents instead of refusing your work permit.
Besides your Employer and your side spent a lot of effort time and money for positive LMIA,and a strong job offer which may have full time job which may can secure your PR someday.
Let's pray for your WP and beautiful dream someday!

Reactions: Shipmint2020

Bellabeau

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys!

WORKING PERMIT

OPEN-WORK PERMIT

VISITOR

Hello,
May i know how many months did you wait after you got a refusal from IRCC and which Visa Office did you submit your documents.
Thanks!

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hello,
May i know how many months did you wait after you got a refusal from IRCC and which Visa Office did you submit your documents.
Thanks!
HI,
We submitted the applications on November 2, 2018, and we got the refusal on November 7, 2018. So fast that neither gave us time to fantasize about moving to Canada.

We used the online platform but we notice that our paperwork was processed in Mexico.

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hi,
We have the same situation and kind of worried.Our Employer applied last end of August a WP+LMIA,SOWP for my wife and student and trv for my daughters.
Im sorry in your case that IRCC doesnt have any consideration to request something from you even if you have missed some of your documents instead of refusing your work permit.
Besides your Employer and your side spent a lot of effort time and money for positive LMIA,and a strong job offer which may have full time job which may can secure your PR someday.
Let's pray for your WP and beautiful dream someday!
Hi,
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. We need to keep trying for our families and a better future.

Reactions: Shipmint2020

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I'm not asking for the notes. I'm asking about your profiles. Basic things like: What was the job? What is your wife's work experience and educational background? What was the license she obtained? Where are you living now? Do you have temporary or permanent status there? How much did you show in proof of funds (if any) in your application? What proof of ties did you include in your application?

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
I'm not asking for the notes. I'm asking about your profiles. Basic things like: What was the job? What is your wife's work experience and educational background? What was the license she obtained? Where are you living now? Do you have temporary or permanent status there? How much did you show in proof of funds (if any) in your application? What proof of ties did you include in your application?
oh sure.

Job offer: Early childhood educator in a daycare
Educational background: Bachelor in ECE and master in Educational Management
License: ECE license from British Columbia
Country of residence: We are Dominican citizens living in the Dominican Republic.
Proof of funds and ties: The platform did not ask for it in the section where you have to upload the required supporting documents.

We blindly only uploaded the documents that the system marked as required to complete and submit the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oh sure.

Country of residence: We are Dominican citizens living in the Dominican Republic.
Proof of funds and ties: The platform did not ask for it in the section where you have to upload the required supporting documents.

We blindly only uploaded the documents that the system marked as required to complete and submit the application.
Given that your wife seems overqualified for the job as a daycare worker it becomes pretty obvious that you are looking to immigrate. How did you find out about this job?

sdalwadi

May 2, 2013
oh sure.

It is betar you apply only your work parmit.you get sayorly your wp.then go caneda and apply for your spouse and child.fist time you make mistakes apply to gather.

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Given that your wife seems overqualified for the job as a daycare worker it becomes pretty obvious that you are looking to immigrate. How did you find out about this job?
Maybe, but the bachelor is what the position requires. She was contacted via the job bank when we were in the EE pool.

Bellabeau

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
It is betar you apply only your work parmit.you get sayorly your wp.then go caneda and apply for your spouse and child.fist time you make mistakes apply to gather.
Hi,
In what you have mentioned here looks
In what sdalwadi post here might scare of A beautiful family once dreamt of moving to Canada with an application of WP might refuse by IRCC for coming together...https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/apply-work-permit-outside-canada.html

Bellabeau

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi,
In what you have mentioned here looks

In what sdalwadi post here might scare of A beautiful family once dreamt of moving to Canada with an application of WP might refuse by IRCC for coming together...https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/apply-work-permit-outside-canada.html
maybe he is also right but not applicable to all...it depends on your NOC if high,low wage,depends on your Spouse if he/she is elligible for an SOWP.Can some experience,Golden member here can explain what Mr sdawaldi posted coz we are now confused.