+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharing my Experience of Telephone Landing!

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I just completed my Landing over the phone on Friday, Nov 24th. The day before I received a call from an Alberta phone number (area code 780) around 6pm EST. The officer asked me if I am interested to complete my landing over the phone since they are sending my passport back on the same day. She scheduled the interview for Tuesday morning (Nov 28th) just to give some extra time to make sure I have my CoRP and Passport in my hand by that time. She also mentioned its her direct line and if I receive it earlier I could call her directly. After the call is ended she also sent me an email to confirm the appointment. I received my Passport and CoRP the following day. (Friday Nov 24). So I called her at her direct line and asked if I could complete the landing rather waiting waiting until the following week. She answered affirmative and the procedure was done over the phone in 5 minutes.

She sent me an email with the address and instructions to send my CoRP copies back to her to have it signed and validate my PR status. I asked her if I needed to send an extra envelop for the return mail, she said "No. It's not required. We will send it by Xpresspost." I also asked her how long will it take to get my copy back. She said since its a new pilot project they don't have any backlog. She will sign it and send it back the same day she receives it. After that I went to Canada Post and I sent both copies of my CoRP the same day by Xpresspost to Edmonton, Alberta.

Here are the pros and cons of Telephone Landing:

Pros:

1. No need to drive up to the border.
2. No long waiting to land.
3. Unlike IRCC Office landing, it doesn;t take long to get appointment.
4. Saves Time and Gas

Cons:

1. Your PR is effective from the day they sign your CoRP.
2. Costs $20 to send the CoRP by Xpresspost from Ontario to Alberta. Cost might vary depending on your location and service you choose.

Hope my post will help to those who recently received a call or email to schedule a landing appointment.
Do NOT hesitate to ask your queries here and I will try to respond.

Good Luck.

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
First of all - congrats for your PR approval.

I have a question - if you opt for a telephonic landing then what happens to other formalities like the goods declaration (for the stuff you're bringing with you and goods to follow) ? How is that handled via telephonic landing ?
Thanks in advance.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
First of all - congrats for your PR approval.

I have a question - if you opt for a telephonic landing then what happens to other formalities like the goods declaration (for the stuff you're bringing with you and goods to follow) ? How is that handled via telephonic landing ?
Thanks in advance.
Telephone landing is only applicable for INLAND Applicants. So if you are already residing in Canada you do NOT have to declare anything.

dan1112

Nov 28, 2017
Hi,

I just completed my Landing over the phone on Friday, Nov 24th. The day before I received a call from an Alberta phone number (area code 780) around 6pm EST. The officer asked me if I am interested to complete my landing over the phone since they are sending my passport back on the same day. She scheduled the interview for Tuesday morning (Nov 28th) just to give some extra time to make sure I have my CoRP and Passport in my hand by that time. She also mentioned its her direct line and if I receive it earlier I could call her directly. After the call is ended she also sent me an email to confirm the appointment. I received my Passport and CoRP the following day. (Friday Nov 24). So I called her at her direct line and asked if I could complete the landing rather waiting waiting until the following week. She answered affirmative and the procedure was done over the phone in 5 minutes.

She sent me an email with the address and instructions to send my CoRP copies back to her to have it signed and validate my PR status. I asked her if I needed to send an extra envelop for the return mail, she said "No. It's not required. We will send it by Xpresspost." I also asked her how long will it take to get my copy back. She said since its a new pilot project they don't have any backlog. She will sign it and send it back the same day she receives it. After that I went to Canada Post and I sent both copies of my CoRP the same day by Xpresspost to Edmonton, Alberta.

Pros:

4. Saves Time and Gas

Cons:

2. Costs $20 to send the CoRP by Xpresspost from Ontario to Alberta. Cost might vary depending on your location and service you choose.

Hope my post will help to those who recently received a call or email to schedule a landing appointment.

Good Luck.
Hello, I have received an email today where they have given me a time for Dec 01 for the telephonic landing (I didn’t choose it). My application was Approved on Nov 20 and still they haven’t dispatched my passport. Would I get the passport before Dec 01? OR They will do the landing without possport? OR on Dec 01 they will give me a date and time for the telephonic landing ?

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Hello, I have received an email today where they have given me a time for Dec 01 for the telephonic landing (I didn’t choose it). My application was Approved on Nov 20 and still they haven’t dispatched my passport. Would I get the passport before Dec 01? OR They will do the landing without possport? OR on Dec 01 they will give me a date and time for the telephonic landing ?
They normally dispatch the passport and CoRP on the same day they send email.
I think you will receive it before Dec 1.

Good luck.

wzw

Nov 29, 2017
Hello, what is your name of receiver when you send your Xpresspost? Is EDMONTON IRCC or all the stuff they email you? Thank you for response.

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
I did my telephonic landing today as well. It was pretty quick process- less than 10 minutes.
The call came from a No caller id phone. My accompanying spouse is outside the country, and the agent said I can do my landing without him.
After the call, I was sent an email with the address where I had to mail the COPRs. The address given to me was IRCC in Winnipeg.
I was told that the PR card processing would start as soon as they receive and process my COPR. So I should expect to receive my PR card by first week of Feb, 2 months from now. The PR card would be sent to the address as is on the online account as per the agent.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Hello, what is your name of receiver when you send your Xpresspost? Is EDMONTON IRCC or all the stuff they email you? Thank you for response.
I wrote "Edmonton IRCC (Attention: VA (Initial of my Immigration Officer)"

I got my CoRP back yesterday with her signature.

Carly0069

Nov 28, 2017
BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
SASKATOON IRCC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
I wrote "Edmonton IRCC (Attention: VA (Initial of my Immigration Officer)"

I got my CoRP back yesterday with her signature.
Wow, that is so fast! So it was delivered to Edmonton IRCC on Nov29 and you received it back today? That is really fast!

Santhu0604

Jul 13, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pls help
Hi guys
I haven’t received my passport request email but I got email regarding express telephone landing on dec 11

What should I do now ?
I m confused

Carly0069

Nov 28, 2017
BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
SASKATOON IRCC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Pls help
Hi guys
I haven’t received my passport request email but I got email regarding express telephone landing on dec 11

What should I do now ?
I m confused
tell them the truth and they will arrange another time if you are still interested in telephone landing once you received the passport and copr.

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I just did my telephone landing today but to my surprise after two weeks finally, I got an appointment date confirming email from IRCC Etobicoke. So what should I do now?

I have already sent the signed copies of COPR to the IRCC Manitoba address they have given me during the telephonic landing interview process. Can I cancel this appointment with Etobicoke office? They have clearly mentioned in their email they only have option to reschdule.

Last edited:

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Pros:

4. Saves Time and Gas

Cons:

Good Luck.

Hi,
I haven't received my passport request yet, however, I received an email today for telephonic landing on December 13th. If I defer to do the telephonic landing have you any idea when they will send me the regular passport request?

Thanks....

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I just did my telephone landing today but to my surprise after two weeks finally, I got an appointment date confirming email from IRCC Etobicoke. So what should I do now?

I have already sent the signed copies of COPR to the IRCC Manitoba address they have given me during the telephonic landing interview process. Can I cancel this appointment with Etobicoke office? They have clearly mentioned in their email they only have option to reschdule.
Do they provide a telephone number to contact them? I would contact them right away to explain the situation. That's strange that they wouldn't coordinate to find out who has already done a telephone landing.

edengo

Jan 19, 2017
Hi,

Pros:

4. Saves Time and Gas

Cons:

Good Luck.
hi ..

i did also my landing via phone and still waiting my copr back . sent to alberta ircc office , nov. 24
did you receive your copr already ? thanks