19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
thanuxxi said:
Quick question: I’ve had several permits in Canada during my 3 years here.. should I bring all of them when doing the landing or just the one I am currently using?
You should bring all your visas and permits.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
In my case, I did an inland CIC appointment.

I called CIC and told the agent I was ready to validate my PR, he then verify my identity and validity of my CoPR.
I was told I would have to wait for 2-3 weeks for an appointment and asked to wait till my local CIC would contact me.
CIC sent me an email the next day. My appointment was schedule for 15 days later.

Here's how my CIC appointment went:

I showed the CIC agent my Copr. She asked me the standard questions: is the info on this doc correct? (status, name, etc)
then asked about criminality.
After that she asked me about my legal status. I told her i was on implied status and she said: yeah, I can see this on my computer. She asked me to write my initials next to certain parts of my CopR and finally signed my document and stamped my passport. I was done in 10 min.

After that, I went to Service Canada and got my new SIN

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
jfes2015 said:
I'm trying to book an inland appointment but whenever I call the call centre all I get is we are currently experiencing a high number of calls and cannot connect you! Does anyone know the best options to select on the phone, I went through to the permanent residence card part as that's the only option that seemed relevant!

HI jfes2015,

call 613 944 4000

This is CIC Ontario. Whenever the 1800 number is busy, this will give you a shortcut. I think I press option 1 and then it transferred me to the CIC 1800 number and got in right away. Once you are in the 1800 number. Go to status of application option and talk to an agent. Fastest way!

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
hi guys we just got our passport back recently and me and my partner are planning to do landing at the border. questions, does anyone have an idea which is better border to do landing here in alberta.? and is it ok to do it on sunday? lastly i have a canadian born baby 18 mos is it ok to bring her with us during our landing??? please share those who experience the same. will appreciate it. thanks

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veaunz said:
hi guys we just got our passport back recently and me and my partner are planning to do landing at the border. questions, does anyone have an idea which is better border to do landing here in alberta.? and is it ok to do it on sunday? lastly i have a canadian born baby 18 mos is it ok to bring her with us during our landing??? please share those who experience the same. will appreciate it. thanks
You can either landing at Carway or Coutts border, in my case, I landed at Carway, the whole processed took only 20 minutes and the officer were so nice, I was asked only a couple questions like, Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense? Have you ever been refused a visa or permit? That's all they asked. Moreover, you can accompany your baby to the border, there's no any issue at all but ensure don't forget to bring his/her passport.

Ps. I've done it before

Deb_India

Nov 20, 2014
Anybody did landing from foreign countries rather going from canada and coming back. Though I am waiting for PPR.
I wanted to know what are the things required for me to ensure as I will be travelling from India to Canada via Toronto Pearson International Airport.

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Meya06 said:
You can either landing at Carway or Coutts border, in my case, I landed at Carway, the whole processed took only 20 minutes and the officer were so nice, I was asked only a couple questions like, Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense? Have you ever been refused a visa or permit? That's all they asked. Moreover, you can accompany your baby to the border, there's no any issue at all but ensure don't forget to bring his/her passport.

Ps. I've done it before
thanks for your reply helps alot. we'll be going on sunday then. ;D

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
Hi all. I am planning to land on July 2nd with my family “6 persons” at Toronto airport. I am Outland PNP “ New Brunswick” applicant. I am planning to spend 50 days in NB. For the purpose of planning, can someone help me with some inquires:

- Can I land & complete my landing process on Saturday “July2nd”? I mean they are working on week ends
- Do I have to give NB address, or I can give any address in Canada?
- Does 50 days enough to get PRs?
- I have a connected flight to NB is 4 hours ok to complete landing process.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
jfes2015 said:
I'm trying to book an inland appointment but whenever I call the call centre all I get is we are currently experiencing a high number of calls and cannot connect you! Does anyone know the best options to select on the phone, I went through to the permanent residence card part as that's the only option that seemed relevant!
Hi jfes2015! I had the same problem when I phoned to book mine. Try calling this number: 6139 44 4000 This is the number for CIC Ontario. Press 1 and then you'll get directed to the 1800 CIC number, but you won't get the message, we are experiencing a large amount of calls. Chose option "check status of application" (PR application). Then tell the agent you actually want to book an inland appointment. That's what I did. Good Luck!

enviousone

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (Sent 28-03-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
Landed tonight at Pearson. Was 11:30 pm so no wait. Officer was really friendly and made a lot of jokes. Just asked for my passport, COPR, and current work permit. Was nice and easy.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Hi Guys,

Finally we landed at CARWAY,AB on Sunday 15,May 2016

Just wanted to share my experience.

Total drive took around 3 hours from Calgary (one stop in between for Tim Horton Coffee). First US border would come , no wait.

Officer asked our purpose to come & asked standard 2-3 questions like do you have any weapons/alcohol ..answer : No
than he would be asking passport & COPR. After checking COPR he returned COPR & said park your vehicle & come inside building.
By the time we parked & went inside our administrative refusal letter in plain paper was ready ( No stamping in our passport).

Here I would like to mention attitude of US officer was quite friendly & they were not rude at all( I read lots of negative comments about US officers)

After taking administrative refusal letter & passport We took a u-turn & come to Canada border.

Here again Officer asked same standard question like do you have any weapons etc.

After checking our passport officer said come inside building.

Here we have to wait for another half an hours since there were 8-9 people were waiting before us. You have to give your work permit ( If you have all its good) but I misplaced 2 that's didn't create any problem) passports, COPR (both copy).

They didn't ask for proof of funds or photo.

Finally after half an hour wait our name called & officer asked to sign in COPR. After signing COPR officer took one copy of COPR & another gave it to ourself.

Officer told to go to service Canada for new SIN & Congratulate us for the PR & finally said "Welcome to Canada". We were on the way within 35 minutes...no issue at all..

I would like to say big Thank you to all the forum members for the tremendous support & advice I received during the whole frustrating PR process.

Best of luck to all those guys who are still waiting, patience is the key, hang in there, your time would come. Everyone would be getting PR finally, rejection at this stage (after 19 months) is quite impossible.

Last but not the least at one stage I was in second review & finally got PR within 18 months.

Finley

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-05-16, CoPR 20-05-16
Hi I'm heading to Niagara Sunday morning. Gonna walk across rainbow bridge to the US then come back to the Canadian immigration. I had 2 working holiday visas during 2011 - 2013 but I didn't keep them, I had no idea that they may request them at any point. Would this be a problem. I am currently in Canada as a visitor from a visa exempt country.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am looking for some urgent directions on whether i should go for landing or not.

I received my COPR with a minore misspelled place of birth.
When i called cic support centre they asked to fill an amended form and mail it to Ottawa office. i checked the website this kind of process may take 6 months. They said they also informed Operations Support Centre (OSC).

But my lawyer said me to go ahead for Landing and inform the officer at the time of landing they will consider it.

Now my big confusion is guys what should i do? If i go with my lawyer suggestion and i am inland so I can do landing at Etobicoke cic immigration office with my current COPR. Would that cause any issue please help.

Also does that make any difference in my case to do landing at the border vs landing at local CIC office?

Guys please help with your suggestions.

Thanks