01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
I don't think we had this kind of thread before, or at least nothing is active.

Anyway, I see that people are sharing their experience on their own "application tracker" threads. I was trying to research about how people underwent their landing process and it was pain since I had to look for it on every page on every tracker thread. :)

Would you guys kindly share your experience here? And feel free to post any questions regarding to landing if you have not done so.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed at Carway, Alberta 2 months ago. Just drove through the US border then the officer gave me a refusal letter and told me return to Canada side. It was really smooth and fast process. The officer at the border both Canada and the US were nice and asked me all work work permit, Passport and COPR. The whole process took about 30-40 minutes from the beginning till end.

Mine is CEC inland candidate.

mahendraaaaa

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
I landed yesterday, on January 10, 2016.

Me and my wife drove from Toronto to Rainbow Bridge, Niagara, ON. It was a smooth drive regardless the weather, which was raining all day and storm during the day. It was around 10am when we took the line at the border. There were 4 or 5 open lanes and there were maybe 3 cars in front of us. Each car only took about 1 minute to pass through.

When we came up to the gate booth, the male officer greeted us and I told him that we were new immigrants to Canada and we would like to flag poll back to Canada. I handed him an instruction paper that came with my CoPR. Then he said he did not need it but he needed our passports instead. He examined it (maybe put something on his computer) for a minute and gave us a small piece of paper then asked us to go through and park our car at the nearby parking spot so we can go to the immigration office near it. He kept our passports (no, he did not return our passports).

We stepped into the building and the officers sitting and chatting to each other there told us to proceed to the second floor. We took an elevator up and arrived in a waiting room. There were maybe only 4 families when we got there, maybe with different purposes. Using electronics of any kinds was prohibited in that room, so this part was a boring part. After waiting for about 20 or 30 minutes, our names (my last name and my wife's are different) were called and asked to go through the entry door. We walked to the booth where the officer asked us if we had ever been to the States before. We answered.

That interview lasted for a minute or two. Then the officer told us to go downstairs and meet him there. He then told us to get our car and meet him back in front of the door of that building. I kind of forgot when he returned our passports. I think he returned them after I got the car. He then directed us and opened a special gate for us to turn back to Canada. We proceeded and had to pay CAD 4.50 to use the bridge, which was somehow a toll road (it was not when we were entering the States). Then we drove back to Canada, which took maybe a few minutes with speed of 40-50Km/h (I tried to drive as slow as possible).

We arrived at the Canadian gate booth where the officer greeted us and asked us for our passports. He asked why we were there and we answered the same answer as before. He then told us to park the car and go to the immigration office just next to it. I also forgot about this, but I think I had the passports at the moment, and handed them to the officer there before we went to the waiting room.

We waited for 5 minutes and our names were called. We were interviewed there, both of us at the same time. The questions were what were on CoPR, i.e., if you were ever convicted a crime. She then asked us to sit in the waiting room again. Then after another 5 minutes, she called us again, asked us to sign a copy of our CoPR, then stapled it on our passport. She told us that we were now permanent residents of Canada and congratulated us. We said thank you and wished her a very nice day. We were out at 12pm.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Me and my son drove from Kitchener to Peace Bridge, Niagara, ON.
As we went to the US as a tourist we had no problem to spend the whole day visiting Buffalo.

When we returned to Canada, we went to the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara, ON. I paid the toll and answered the border agent's questions. He told us to park the car and go to the immigration office just next to it. He returned our passports plus a yellow paper filled with the basic questions of arrival at any airport. We arrived close to 23hs this Saturday (01/09/2016).

We waited for 10 minutes and our names were called.
We were interviewed there, both of us at the same time. The questions were what were on CoPR, i.e., if you were ever convicted a crime. She then asked us to sit in the waiting room again. Then after another 10 minutes, she called us again, asked us to sign a copy of our CoPR, then stapled it on our passport.

She kept our worker / student visa. She did not accept the return it stamped as void.
She told us that we were a permanent resident of Canada and congratulated us.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi All,

Please spent your 2,3 minutes, share your landing experience here it will help others at the time of landing.

Thank you.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Landed this Monday (Feb 15th) in Etobicoke - inland

- waited for about 30 minutes
- answered the standard questions they have to ask (criminality, immigration, marital status, dependents)
- picture attached to my CORP was replaced with the one I brought (new format)
- took a total of 15 minutes for me and my common-law partner

Next went to Service Canada, which is in the same building:
- waited for about 45 minutes
- got new SIN in less than 10

To get inland "landing" appointment I:
- called CIC (same number as usual) - I don't remember the option numbers
- asked the agent to schedule an appointment to validate COPR, as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
- verified my identity
- provided COPR expiry (if it's less than 2 months you can ask for urgent processing)
- confirmed address (so the right CIC office can be selected for landing)
- was told to wait for contact from CIC office and was warned it might be over 2 weeks before I hear from them
- 3 business days later got email from CIC office with documents needed, office address and time I should show up. The landing date was just week and a half away.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
c2h5oh said:
Landed this Monday (Feb 15th) in Etobicoke - inland

- waited for about 30 minutes
- answered the standard questions they have to ask (criminality, immigration, marital status, dependents)
- picture attached to my CORP was replaced with the one I brought (new format)
- took a total of 15 minutes for me and my common-law partner

Next went to Service Canada, which is in the same building:
- waited for about 45 minutes
- got new SIN in less than 10

To get inland "landing" appointment I:
- called CIC (same number as usual) - I don't remember the option numbers
- asked the agent to schedule an appointment to validate COPR, as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
- verified my identity
- provided COPR expiry (if it's less than 2 months you can ask for urgent processing)
- confirmed address (so the right CIC office can be selected for landing)
- was told to wait for contact from CIC office and was warned it might be over 2 weeks before I hear from them
- 3 business days later got email from CIC office with documents needed, office address and time I should show up. The landing date was just week and a half away.
Congrats C2 for PR,

Its really help people who want to do inlanding.

AIW689

Jan 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

May I ask what documents you need to bring when you land?
Is the passport, CORP, Work Permit/Study permit the only thing you need? Do you need any other things?

Thank you!

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AIW689 said:
Hi everyone,

May I ask what documents you need to bring when you land?
Is the passport, CORP, Work Permit/Study permit the only thing you need? Do you need any other things?

Thank you!
If you apply under FSW, you may bring proof of founds.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing.
Also if you land inland they ask you to bring new set of photos matching the new requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Even if you're landing at the border it's best to have them with you - otherwise they will ask you to mail new ones after a couple of weeks delaying your PR card.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
I did my Landing yesterday at Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.

One main thing and new thing I want to share, as a lot of peoples made U-turns and come back to Canada without going to US is now no more eligible.
May be you guys knows this but I did not know this. So I made a U- Turn from Canada border before entering in US on the Toll Officer asked me and I told him that I did not went US I just made a U-Turn he allowed me and said you are Ok go to the immigration office and do your further proceedings as all peoples required to do. Then there Immigration officer she told me this thing is no more allowed (U-Turn) you need to exit Canada. I dont know if she saw that I have US visa I can go to US thats why she told me or now it is the requirement I dont know. But she told me US Border will give you one paper we need that paper just go and bring it and come back to me. Then I went there at US Border they asked me if you want to enter in US I said no I just came here to do my landing at Canada Border then after 5 min of processing I got that paper. Then I came back to Canada Border and it took only 5 mins to finalize my process. She ask quickly two questions about any crime and any dependants with me (Both COPR questions) I said no. Then she congratulated me on becoming PR.

Now the wait begins for PR Card :)

Thanks All for your help throughout the whole process. Best of luck who are still waiting just wait you will receive soon your PR.

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Quick question: I’ve had several permits in Canada during my 3 years here.. should I bring all of them when doing the landing or just the one I am currently using?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanuxxi said:
Quick question: I’ve had several permits in Canada during my 3 years here.. should I bring all of them when doing the landing or just the one I am currently using?
In my case, the officer required me all permits then he kept them all, but in your case they might be not ask your permits. However, once you completed landing procedure, all your permits will becomes invalid, you can't use it again.

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I'm trying to book an inland appointment but whenever I call the call centre all I get is we are currently experiencing a high number of calls and cannot connect you! Does anyone know the best options to select on the phone, I went through to the permanent residence card part as that's the only option that seemed relevant!

georgedy0920

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
T4 & NOA for Y2014, Mar 16, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 9, 2015 MR received on ECAS
Passport Req..
Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
May 1, 2016
I did the landing last night at Edmonton airport.
I flied to Seattle and came back May 1, 2016 around 11:00pm, all went smooth.
Officer just ask me the criminal question, any dependent. He didn't ask me for my work permit or address proof. Just CoPR and Passport. But I do suggest you to bring all of them just in case. It took only 10mins.