Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
NKKD Hortons said:
I exactly had the same 2 question as you did.. I got 6 pages altogether with the bar codes and bar codes were generated both on page 5 and page 6. So, which page should be put on top of the application packet?

There is one more issue I faced with while filling up the generic form. The form does not accept today's date in the 'TO' column. Let us say, I am on a student dependent visa and my visa expires Aug 31st 2011 whereas my legal status expires Feb 2013. What should I use in the 'TO' column. What should aug 2011 or Feb 2013?

My application was ready to be sent by 18t July and I realized that new forms were updated and hence tried to fill them but due to these issues, I used my old forms and signed them as 17th July 2011 and sent them.
NKKD Hortons,

I hope the response provided above to the barcode answers your query.

Regarding the 'To' date in the form , I did see mixed responses from members on how they perceived the date to be used.
Since the form does not take todays date , it would not be a problem to either mention the next immediate date or use the visa expiry date - both the dates are set to the future as on the application signed date.

I am a bit curious to know how you can retain legal status until 2013 if your visa expiry is in 2011 - is this because you have an outstanding application with the home office ?

Sanity

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
hi sanity...i suppose u are right.. i will follow the second way as also suggested by you.. however I an thinking to fill the state column by hand..although it wouldn't be the the part of barcode information.. coz state and city has differnt name throughout india,, hw u filled state n city both in same column.. however district and city names are mostly same...

thanks for ur opinion nd keep us updated of any other discrepancies in the form..

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
As I promised to share any update --
CIC replied to my email , hopefully this should be taken care of.

From: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry <CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca>
To:
Sent: Tuesday, 23 August 2011 11:47 PM
Subject: RE: Information on errors in the new forms - For your reference

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

CB

Sent: August-14-11 11:09 AM
To: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry
Subject: Information on errors in the new forms - For your reference

Hello,

I am an FSW applicant who wanted to bring some of the issues with the newly updated forms to your attention. Since I was not aware of any other email ID to send such information, hence directing it to this ID.

1) Supplementary Information - Your Travels
The document checklist is asking for the form to be filled up by the Principal applicant , Spouse (if applicable) , dependant over 18 years (if applicable) but the form itself says that it should only be filled by the principal applicant - this is confusing and would be helpful if you could please update the website.
2) Generic form
Question 12 : The selection 'Other' and relevant updates on the tab 'Other' are not accepted since it throws an error on validating the completed form.

Please could you kindly look into these as it will assist all users to apply without any mistake ?

Regards,

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
As I promised to share any update --
CIC replied to my email , hopefully this should be taken care of.

From: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry <CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca>
To:
Sent: Tuesday, 23 August 2011 11:47 PM
Subject: RE: Information on errors in the new forms - For your reference

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

CB

Sent: August-14-11 11:09 AM
To: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry
Subject: Information on errors in the new forms - For your reference

Hello,

I am an FSW applicant who wanted to bring some of the issues with the newly updated forms to your attention. Since I was not aware of any other email ID to send such information, hence directing it to this ID.

1) Supplementary Information - Your Travels
The document checklist is asking for the form to be filled up by the Principal applicant , Spouse (if applicable) , dependant over 18 years (if applicable) but the form itself says that it should only be filled by the principal applicant - this is confusing and would be helpful if you could please update the website.
2) Generic form
Question 12 : The selection 'Other' and relevant updates on the tab 'Other' are not accepted since it throws an error on validating the completed form.

Please could you kindly look into these as it will assist all users to apply without any mistake ?

Regards,
Hi Sanity,

I am so happy to find another very Proactive and progressive and positive member on this forum.

Good job Sanity...I wish I could give you more than +1...

Mitali

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
mitali said:
Hi Sanity,

I am so happy to find another very Proactive and progressive and positive member on this forum.

Good job Sanity...I wish I could give you more than +1...

Mitali
Mitali,

Thanks for the kind words (as always)
A little bit I can do in comparison to the awesome contribution made by seniors like YOU!

Sanity

ayazf

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
sanity said:
Mitali,

Thanks for the kind words (as always)
A little bit I can do in comparison to the awesome contribution made by seniors like YOU!

Sanity
I really wonder what is motivating factor for people like qorax ,mitali and sanity to be such a great help and driving force on this forum.Kudos to you guys.Thanks for all your help.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayazf said:
I really wonder what is motivating factor for people like qorax ,mitali and sanity to be such a great help and driving force on this forum.Kudos to you guys.Thanks for all your help.
Love you guys!!!!! :) :)...that is the motivation, at least for me!!

Mitali

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
HI Guys..

I found myself unable to fill "my travels" form electronically frofew days.however I filled it successfully 2 weeks ago...

Is any other person facing similar problem... I think now i have to fill it by hand....

I don't know what goes wrong with the form.. it's not accepting any data..

Pls suggest some solution..

Regards.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr.singh said:
HI Guys..

I found myself unable to fill "my travels" form electronically frofew days.however I filled it successfully 2 weeks ago...

Is any other person facing similar problem... I think now i have to fill it by hand....

I don't know what goes wrong with the form.. it's not accepting any data..

Pls suggest some solution..

Regards.
I have answered it in another thread.

You can use the typewriter tool of Adobe Acrobat (Under Tools--> Typewriter)

I use this tool when filling it up.

regards,

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
thanks for the tip dear...but still..with typewriter tool..I can not check the checkboxes..I have to tick them by hand..

I tried a online tool "pdf filler" that do everything but i need to pay to save form in that tool..

If you have any tip to mark checkboxes..den pls.pass it to me...

I filled this form in PDF reader few days ago normally but i don't know now wats goes wrong with this form....

had anybody gone through the same experience then let me know..

SANITY..where are you..what is your experience with this form..how you filled it..

Regards..

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr.singh said:
thanks for the tip dear...but still..with typewriter tool..I can not check the checkboxes..I have to tick them by hand..

I tried a online tool "pdf filler" that do everything but i need to pay to save form in that tool..

If you have any tip to mark checkboxes..den pls.pass it to me...

I filled this form in PDF reader few days ago normally but i don't know now wats goes wrong with this form....

had anybody gone through the same experience then let me know..

SANITY..where are you..what is your experience with this form..how you filled it..

Regards..
For the "check" mark, under Tool --> Typewriter --> Show Typewriter Tool you can choose the font there. And choose the "Adobe Pi" font where the number "3" key is for the "check" symbol.

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Dear giogenre... Thanks a lot for youe expert tips... seems u know a lot about adobe reader...

I tried your tip..but still there is a prob..

when i press 3...then check sign appears but when i click somewhere else or when I save form it gets converted to 3..

do u have any tip to stop this reversion...

pls. let me know at earliest..

Thanks....

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr.singh said:
Dear giogenre... Thanks a lot for youe expert tips... seems u know a lot about adobe reader...

I tried your tip..but still there is a prob..

when i press 3...then check sign appears but when i click somewhere else or when I save form it gets converted to 3..

do u have any tip to stop this reversion...

pls. let me know at earliest..

Thanks....
I'm not an adobe acrobat expert, I just use the trial and error method ;D

With regards to your problem, I honestly don't know why it acts that way on your part. I'm using an Adobe Acrobat 9 version and I'm not sure if the version will be a factor. I have successfully saved and printed my form using this tool. Have you tried printing what you filled-up before saving it? Maybe at this point the symbol will be correct.

regards.

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
dear mine version is acrobat 9 extended... i tried printing also..but it gets printed as three..

this form is screwing me up...

why cic didn't make it fillable form..... strange...

however..thanks for ur tips.... u possess good knowledge..

regards.