+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SHARE PROBLEMS WITH NEW FORMS

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Hello..dear forum members.. I am starting this thread so that various problems in filling new forms can be resolved under one thread..

For a start.. what do they mean by UCI in new generic form..can somebody throw some light on it..

Regards.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Universal Client Identification number (UCI) will be given to you once your application pass Positive Eligibility Review.CIC will notify you that you have received a positive final determination of eligibility and giving you a UCI number( 8 digits) and an Application Number as well.If you are a first time applicant, you don't have UCI number yet and you can leave it blank.
Good Luck!

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Mr Singh,

Although the issues are being discussed on other threads and may get lost in a matter of time with the incoming volume of replies. To keep you aware, I have emailed CIC to inform them of the two issues I faced as I understand it was/is causing a bit of a confusion among everyone so they can make appropriate changes were necessary. Hopefully they entertain such feedback on email as I was unable to find an alternative.

- Supplementary Information = The form and the document checklist contradicts about the person who should fill this form.
- Generic Form (Question 12) = It does not allow the selection 'Other' with relevant dates as the page throws an error on validating the form.

Sanity

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
Mr Singh,

Although the issues are being discussed on other threads and may get lost in a matter of time with the incoming volume of replies. To keep you aware, I have emailed CIC to inform them of the two issues I faced as I understand it was/is causing a bit of a confusion among everyone so they can make appropriate changes were necessary. Hopefully they entertain such feedback on email as I was unable to find an alternative.

- Supplementary Information = The form and the document checklist contradicts about the person who should fill this form.
- Generic Form (Question 12) = It does not allow the selection 'Other' with relevant dates as the page throws an error on validating the form.

Sanity
Good catch and Well done my friend .................+1

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Kanamen said:
Good catch and Well done my friend .................+1
Thanks for the kind thought, Kanamen :)

Dear Sir ! good day. i have a
query for you. As i m a pre
june applicant n i m applying
under MI-3 . During filling
Background declaration in
March 2010 there was a
question : had u previously
applied for PR visa ? if answer
yes then i wrote down that i
had applied in july 2009 but
didn't received reply. This
question is replaced by
question in new forms : had u
been refused any visa by any
canadian visa office ? Now my
question is that where i have
to mention my previous 2
applications i.e july 2009 n
march 2010. As first
application falled under non
compliance of 120 days and i
got the refund of application
fees. I want your kind advice
that should i write a separate
letter mentioning 2 files or
leave it as it is and what
should i write in IMM 0008
option no. 4 UCI as i have no
UCI no..Secondly in the EG7
guide nowhere is mentioned
that what should we do with
the photos. where we have to
paste on which form bcoz in
previous application in IMM
0008 form 1 photo of PA and
1 photo of each dependent
was pasted.How to place
photographs in the packet like
in any envelope or something
different.Thirdly how to put
forms and documents in the
packet whether we have to
paper clip it or staple it or
leave freely in it.Fourthly
whether i have to sign all the
forms or the forms with
declaration i.e IMM 5562,IMM
5406,IMM 0008 Economic
classes. I m asking this bcoz
previous 2 applications were
filed by my consultant and this
one is filing on my own.
Thanks for ur kind attention
and time. regards.

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
sanity said:
dear sanity...

these are surely ambiguous issues... hope u get them cleared soon.... however for the time being.... we can assume that we need different copies of supplementary info form for pricipal as well as dependents by replicating the information.. coz it's better to send more than less...

however..the major problems people will face would be with the new generic form...

there is one more in my mind... what is CSQ.. why a FSW1 applicant need a certificate from quebec..

this section is also very confusing as nothing is elaborated in EG7 guide too..

Pls.. throw some light on this too..

Mr Singh,

Sanity

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Also there is just one checklist now.... no visa specific checklist.... and there are certain new forms which are not required by a single(bachelor) applicant... so we need not to include those forms in our application...

one more change is now in EG7.. the address labels do not include NOC code now...so m not sure we need to mention NOC code on address label or not with new applications...

Pls..correct me if m wrong..

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
lubob said:
Dear Sir ! good day. i have a
query for you. As i m a pre
june applicant n i m applying
under MI-3 . During filling
Background declaration in
March 2010 there was a
question : had u previously
applied for PR visa ? if answer
yes then i wrote down that i
had applied in july 2009 but
didn't received reply. This
question is replaced by
question in new forms : had u
been refused any visa by any
canadian visa office ? Now my
question is that where i have
to mention my previous 2
applications i.e july 2009 n
march 2010. As first
application falled under non
compliance of 120 days and i
got the refund of application
fees. I want your kind advice
that should i write a separate
letter mentioning 2 files or
leave it as it is and what
should i write in IMM 0008
option no. 4 UCI as i have no
UCI no..Secondly in the EG7
guide nowhere is mentioned
that what should we do with
the photos. where we have to
paste on which form bcoz in
previous application in IMM
0008 form 1 photo of PA and
1 photo of each dependent
was pasted.How to place
photographs in the packet like
in any envelope or something
different.Thirdly how to put
forms and documents in the
packet whether we have to
paper clip it or staple it or
leave freely in it.Fourthly
whether i have to sign all the
forms or the forms with
declaration i.e IMM 5562,IMM
5406,IMM 0008 Economic
classes. I m asking this bcoz
previous 2 applications were
filed by my consultant and this
one is filing on my own.
Thanks for ur kind attention
and time. regards.

Dear... as you havn't received any refusal frm visa office so u can answer as "no"... 2ndly no need to paste any photo anywhere just put them in a small envelope and clip with forms... on back of 5 photos write the info required by cic.. do not staple forms at all.. however you can clip them... you have to sign only those forms which are said to be signed and space is provided for ur signs(like a rectangular box or a line) and date..

hope it helps..

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Do anybody have information regarding Q.No.7 in new generic form.. have you recived CSQ? they only gave two options yes and no.. there must be a third option as NA.. coz i neither applied nor recived CSQ... Why a FSW1 applicant need CSQ now.. very confusing..

I think..i have to write NA by hand if i do not select any checkbox...

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Do anybody have information regarding Q.No.7 in new generic form.. have you recived CSQ? they only gave two options yes and no.. there must be a third option as NA.. coz i neither applied nor recived CSQ... Why a FSW1 applicant need CSQ now.. very confusing..

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Mr.singh said:

If you have used the form to fill the questions until Q6 , then you would notice that Q7 is greyed out on choosing the category 'Economic' -'Skilled Worker'
Anything greyed out is not required & the form can be validated successfully.

Sanity

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
I really appreciate your reply sanity... thanks for resolving confusion..yeah..coz form is meant to be used collectively for quebec applicants too thats why Q.no.7 is there...

I also seeks your advice on these issues..

1. the address field are specifically in canadian format as apt.no. street no. and street name, how to fit a non canadian address in those fields as we dont have any apartments

eg. apt.no. street no. and street name
H.no.35 street no.4 vijay nagar, mall road

can i fill like this or should i fill entire address under Street Name column as Street Name
H.no.35, street no.4 ,vijay nagar, mall road

also state column greys out when i fill "india" in country column... then how we can fill state name..

2. me being a single dont have any dependents..therfore i removed page4 which is for dependents info.. however my form validated successfully but it generated bar codes on page 4 and then remaining on page5(2 bar code strips) where i have to sign and date. Now in EG7 guide..it is written that you should place bar code page at the top and it is supposed to be page no.5 but i have most of my barcodes on page 4, so should i keep page5 on top or page 4.I know this doesn't matter much coz if somebody add applicant then his barcode page no. will also be different but still taking your opinion... my form generated 10 barcode strips in total..hw many ur's generated..

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
Mr.singh said:
I really appreciate your reply sanity... thanks for resolving confusion..yeah..coz form is meant to be used collectively for quebec applicants too thats why Q.no.7 is there...

1. the address field are specifically in canadian format as apt.no. street no. and street name, how to fit a non canadian address in those fields as we dont have any apartments

can i fill like this or should i fill entire address under Street Name column as Street Name

also state column greys out when i fill "india" in country column... then how we can fill state name..

2. me being a single dont have any dependents..therfore i removed page4 which is for dependents info.. however my form validated successfully but it generated bar codes on page 4 and then remaining on page5(2 bar code strips) where i have to sign and date. Now in EG7 guide..it is written that you should place bar code page at the top and it is supposed to be page no.5 but i have most of my barcodes on page 4, so should i keep page5 on top or page 4.I know this doesn't matter much coz if somebody add applicant then his barcode page no. will also be different but still taking your opinion... my form generated 10 barcode strips in total..hw many ur's generated..
I exactly had the same 2 question as you did.. I got 6 pages altogether with the bar codes and bar codes were generated both on page 5 and page 6. So, which page should be put on top of the application packet?

There is one more issue I faced with while filling up the generic form. The form does not accept today's date in the 'TO' column. Let us say, I am on a student dependent visa and my visa expires Aug 31st 2011 whereas my legal status expires Feb 2013. What should I use in the 'TO' column. What should aug 2011 or Feb 2013?

My application was ready to be sent by 18t July and I realized that new forms were updated and hence tried to fill them but due to these issues, I used my old forms and signed them as 17th July 2011 and sent them.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Mr.singh said:

Mr Singh

1.Only when applicable we need to fill out each tab in the address section. For eg: if you live in a house, you would not have an apartment no which can be left blank. Personally, I filled the 'Street name' tab with my address. As the 'State' tab was greyed out, I mentioned the state in the field 'City/Town' as it implies the same ( for atleast India)

2. Yes, this is how the barcode appears.As CIC has asked for the barcode page to be placed on top of each application, it would be wise to keep pages 4 and 5 as they both contain the barcode prints. Even if you transpose the order, I dont see it to be much of an issue so dont worry

Sanity