Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
I'm shaking in excitement. After contacting an MP last month and being told my application could take 24 months, because I was moved to Program Support unit. After emailing the Minister of Immigration, and then after digging deep and finding internal numbers to CPC-Sydney, and directly speaking with the Director and emailing him my information upon his request on the 10th of October. I can happily say that perseverance pays off if you do it right! Today I received this email:

"This is in reply to your e-mail of October 7, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning your application for a citizenship certificate.

We realize that you are looking forward to obtaining a citizen certificate. Please be assured that the Department makes every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing some applications, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Our records confirm that your application was referred to the Program Support (PS) Unit at the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney for review on September 9, 2014. Applications are typically sent to the PS Unit when CPC officials need additional information from applicants or when the documents provided by the applicants need further verification. A referral to the PS Unit means the case is no longer a straightforward one and will in most situations lead to delays in processing. In such cases, a letter is usually sent out to the client indicating that the application will be delayed.

Our records further show that your application was approved on October 14, 2014. A citizenship certificate was issued and sent to you on October 16, 2014. Please allow five to seven days for delivery.

We hope that this information is of assistance."

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! :D

They wrote a long (scary?) letter... just to give you the good news at the last line :)

Congratulations again 8)

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Feels like an email from Heaven! :p

How did you come to know that your case was moved to PS Unit? What is this PS Unit?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
gatormei said:
OMG...your application is shorter than 5 months. Cool
The amazing part is I was sent to a department that takes up to 24 months. Contacting the right people pays off!

Mary2009 said:
Congrats! :D

They wrote a long (scary?) letter... just to give you the good news at the last line :)

Congratulations again 8)

LOL, yeah, I read the email with a heavy heart and then jumped out of my seat at the end. Talk about a practical joke, they had me until the end!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
poushi24 said:
This is not citizenship application, he applied for citizenship certificate.
Yes, this is for PROOF of citizenship. There are a few of us in here. My timeframe is "normal" for proofs, unless you are sent to the Program Support Unit and then they give no timeline with the average being 24 months. And my application was sent to that department. It sent me into panic overdrive mode. I reached out to everyone possible. I don't have 24 months to wait for a proof.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So that was only a citizenship certificate.
Anyways what is this PS unit, does it apply to citizenship applicants.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
SinghLovCan said:
So that was only a citizenship certificate.
Anyways what is this PS unit, does it apply to citizenship applicants.
Very exceptionally, some citizenship applications are referred to program support unit.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
i got confused in this tread as I might not have followed it from beginning. :p

what I understood is that someone got RQ and refered to program support unit and from there they directly approved that persons application and send him or her citizenship certificate. I am lost as the normal process is test interview and then oath ceremony. or was this after oath the person was refered to special unit and then they cleared his or her citizenship certificate

one more thing to add why a person need another set of citizenship certificate if one has already got it after oath. is it a case of lost Citizenship certificate and requesting a copy then it should be simple. if a person is citizen he is for life why it need to be checked again and again his status. it should be just a print out given instantaneously from any service Canada office for proof as its in the system

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So there is RQ and then PSU? Where does PSU fall in the picture? and why an applicant will be referred to PSU?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
blueshirt said:
i got confused in this tread as I might not have followed it from beginning. :p

what I understood is that someone got RQ and refered to program support unit and from there they directly approved that persons application and send him or her citizenship certificate. I am lost as the normal process is test interview and then oath ceremony. or was this after oath the person was refered to special unit and then they cleared his or her citizenship certificate

one more thing to add why a person need another set of citizenship certificate if one has already got it after oath. is it a case of lost Citizenship certificate and requesting a copy then it should be simple. if a person is citizen he is for life why it need to be checked again and again his status. it should be just a print out given instantaneously from any service Canada office for proof as its in the system
Sorry to say, no where near your guess!

It is people who believe/guess in truth, they may be a citizen by descent; due to grandma or grandpa was here once upon a time, of-course now living some where else on this planet earth trying to get back here. The first step is to get a citizenship certificate as proof of citizenship to apply passport/travel document etc.

Nothing to do with normal citizenship applications that is called "Naturalisation" process.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
ohh I see :eek:

Donvalley said:
Sorry to say, no where near your guess!

It is people who believe/guess in true they may be a citizen by descent; due to grandma or grandpa was here once upon a time, of-course now living some where else on this planet earth trying to get back here. The first step is to get a citizenship certificate as proof of citizenship to apply passport/travel document etc.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this means the PSU is only for people who apply for citizenship by descent and not for Naturalised Citizenship applicants?
What is Grant for Citizenship application? same as Naturalisation one ? Really confused.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
SinghLovCan said:
So this means the PSU is only for people who apply for citizenship by descent and not for Naturalised Citizenship applicants?
What is Grant for Citizenship application? same as Naturalisation one ? Really confused.
What make you so confuse? One is citizenship application like us another is proof of citizenship. Proof of citizenship process is different than naturalization citizenship. One is you trying to become citizen and other is you believe that you are citizen but need proof.