+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Tips for New Immigrants

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
vivek901 said:
Hi

I thought of writing a blog which will help new immigrants settle in Canada and also share some of my experiences. Please visit this blog. I have just started. Any feedback would be appreciated and will help me add more useful content to the blog. Copy paste in web browser the below link

//wp.me/6porQ
Your experiences, ideas, and courage to share them is appreciated.

Gems2511

Dec 13, 2014
Yorkshire, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/14
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER recieved 11/02/2015
Med's Request
14/05/2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will be 09/05/2016
vivek901 said:
Hi

I thought of writing a blog which will help new immigrants settle in Canada and also share some of my experiences. Please visit this blog. I have just started. Any feedback would be appreciated and will help me add more useful content to the blog. Copy paste in web browser the below link

//wp.me/6porQ
I've now set up my blog and I've written my first post today (if anyone is interested it's visavancouver.wordpress.com) x

VincentAB

Aug 31, 2015
vivek901 said:
Hi

I thought of writing a blog which will help me and my family regarding the processing of my settlement part in Manitoba provincial nominee. My case is very complicated anybody who give advise would very much appreciate. We are on the middle of applying MPNP under agency but our problem is we need a person who will fill up our settlement plan as social support before we had friend in Winnipeg who is willing to help us but due to his working unfortunately he moved in British Columbia, at present our papers are hanging in the agency and according to them we need a person who fill up our lacking requirements. Please help us we are very disappointed because of very huge amount of money involve to us, mapepending ang processing ng papers namin.hope someone help us.mire power to this blog.

//wp.me/6porQ

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
Thanks for writing your blogs Vivek an Gemma. Really loved them

Gems2511

Dec 13, 2014
Yorkshire, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/14
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER recieved 11/02/2015
Med's Request
14/05/2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Will be 09/05/2016
snkarora said:
Thanks for writing your blogs Vivek an Gemma. Really loved them
Happy to hear that! It's been neglected over the past few days due to long 12 - 14 hour workdays but I will add more blog posts soon.

Gemma xo

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Hi

I am new in Canada with IT background
I have applied for jobs in so many places and have got not even a single reply of the email/call.

Please let me know if there is some specific CV/resume format or what I am missing?
I am too much depressed and worried now. :(
Thanks

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
handsup said:
Hi

I have applied for jobs in so many places and have got not even a single reply of the email/call.

Please let me know if there is some specific CV/resume format or what I am missing?
Thanks
Welcome to Canada.

Did you read any negative posts before arriving to Canada from smart people like me and Newtone regarding jobs for new immigrants or did you just read cheerleading posts on this site?

The reality is that you are probably doing nothing wrong, it is just going to take a lot of blood, sweat and tears (mostly blood) before you land anything decent.

In Canada like in a third world country people get jobs through connections, unless they have a very specific skill set.

Good luck.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
mrbeachman said:
Welcome to Canada.

Did you read any negative posts before arriving to Canada from smart people like me and Newtone regarding jobs for new immigrants or did you just read cheerleading posts on this site?

The reality is that you are probably doing nothing wrong, it is just going to take a lot of blood, sweat and tears (mostly blood) before you land anything decent.

In Canada like in a third world country people get jobs through connections, unless they have a very specific skill set.

Good luck.
thank you so much for the reply. Yeah I have read the negative posts of the jobs and job market and connections etc and I was fully prepared for that somehow but you know it is difficult to be in the situation :(
How can one has the connections? And sorry to say I am also from 3rd world country but I got job there without any ref and connections, it was totally because of my abilities :)
What else should be done ? Guide please.
P.S: Are you on job?

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
handsup said:
Hi

Thanks
Sir, in which province are you living?

After your landing did you accept survivals jobs?

I am in the last part of my immigration process (medical request) and really worry to hear such bad news

In which area of IT are you looking for jobs, Database, Software Developer?

Do you have certifications ?

Please share your experience and really hope you get a Job in your field soon!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsup said:
Hi

Thanks
There are many resources and organisations which help (for free) new immigrants in job searching, resume writing, networking etc. Have you connected with those in your city/area?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
tetunte said:
Sir, in which province are you living?

After your landing did you accept survivals jobs?

I am in the last part of my immigration process (medical request) and really worry to hear such bad news

In which area of IT are you looking for jobs, Database, Software Developer?

Do you have certifications ?

Please share your experience and really hope you get a Job in your field soon!
Hi
I am not Sir, I am Miss :)
I am SSQA with 5 years of manual testing exp.
Now I am very much hopeful because I have visited the Open Door Society who is there to help new comers in settlement and job etc issues.
Yes you have to do survival jobs, it will be somehow foolish thing to sit home idle and waiting for your job of interest, you must make some money to be in good financial state. I have got such a job thank God.

I have my degrees and few certificates from my home country.
Thanks for the wishes and I wish your all wishes come true.

Lammawitch said:
There are many resources and organisations which help (for free) new immigrants in job searching, resume writing, networking etc. Have you connected with those in your city/area?
Yeah I have contacted and much hopeful now.